Harry Potter Paper Piecing Project of Doom: General Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 544 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,300
Zsofia replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 8:53 PM

Judy, Kris and Marilyn Thanks for your comments!! I really enjoyed this "challenge" and I had fun changing a few blocks around. I can't wait to see everybody's quilts! and big Thanks to Kris for leading the group! My next project will be the compass collection BOM.

Zsofia

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Zsofia,

Your quilt is STUNNING!!   I knew from seeing your individual blocks while you were working on the project that it would be gorgeous, but seeing it all together it is just amazing!  You have every right to be so proud of it. You have done a wonderful job of piecing and picking your fabrics!

I just drool everytime I look at your fabric selections...fabric envy SO bad!!  Thank you for sharing with us.

Max

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Jul 4 2012 1:12 PM

ohhhhh Zsofia its wonderful! Love the way it went together. Great job! :)

I am planning on quilting mine the same way... Stitch in a ditch and echos.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,084
Points 66,725
Robin replied on Sat, Jul 14 2012 10:01 AM

Zsofia,

Your quilt is gorgeous.  I love the rich dark background.   I also love the backing.

Robin

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 10:14 PM

Yeah!!!

I did it!! Finished Piecing the last block in the Project of Doom. Now to the finishing touches of handwork and putting the blocks together. I have enjoyed this so much its kind of bittersweet. Picking out the fabric is my favorite part.... mmmmmmm maybe I'll do another. ;)

Will post a pic sometime tomorrow of my last block.

Deb

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 10:48 PM

WTG Debbie.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:50 PM

(CLAP!! CLAP!! CLAP!!)  Yipee, Deb!!  Don't it feel GOOD!?!

You have so many really wonderful blocks I am anxious to see them all together in a quilt.  So you're ready to do another one? Really?  I take my hat off to you...I would never attempt HP again.  There will only be one Harry in my life! 

WTG!!

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,084
Points 66,725
Robin replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 5:33 AM

Congratulations Debbie.

Look forward to seeing it completed.

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 10:37 AM

Me encanta su librero, el panel trasero lo usé para hacer unos edredones a mi hijo y a mi nieto hace varios años voy a ver si ahora que terminó el colegio pueden ayudarme a subir fotos.     ¡Felicidades por su esfuerzo!

Zsofia:

Hola a todos - Finaly terminé la tapa del edredón y la parte posterior. Quilting tiene que esperar hasta que regrese de vacaciones (nos vamos mañana). En lo que a mí respecta, será una puntada en la zanja y un poco de "acolchado echo" alrededor de objetos. Mi Fabrick fondo está tan ocupado que no tiene sentido para el trabajo de fantasía ... y será mucho más fácil y más rápido de esa manera.

Aquí están las fotos:

Zsofia

Zsofia:

Hola a todos - Finaly terminé la tapa del edredón y la parte posterior. Quilting tiene que esperar hasta que regrese de vacaciones (nos vamos mañana). En lo que a mí respecta, será una puntada en la zanja y un poco de "acolchado echo" alrededor de objetos. Mi Fabrick fondo está tan ocupado que no tiene sentido para el trabajo de fantasía ... y será mucho más fácil y más rápido de esa manera.

Aquí están las fotos:

Zsofia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 147
Points 3,260
Marque replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 6:20 PM

OMGoodness...I have been gone from this group for a bit...did not realize how long until just a few minutes ago. The last time I posted was back in May of this year.

I have been very busy teaching and designing quilts to teach. I now have a break in things and would like to get back to my HP quilt. Is there anyone else out there that is still working on their's?

I only have 15 of my blocks done so have another 15 to go. Is it OK to still post as I go along? I have no idea of the order after this long so would just like to jump in and start sewing them in numerical order. OK?

I have looked at the media pages and am very impressed with the finished quilts. As soon as I have a chance I will look through the chat list to see the rest of the blocks and quilts.

Marque

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,799
Points 122,975

Marque :
Is it OK to still post as I go along? I have no idea of the order after this long so would just like to jump in and start sewing them in numerical order. OK?

Marque, I'm sure it's fine to make them in any order. I didn't follow them in order at all. And, please do post pictures.

I just took a cruise through your gallery. My goodness you do incredible quilts!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 6:58 PM

Marque,

all the threads are listed with the block numbers. It doesn't matter which ones you make first. We'll love to see them. If you go to "Pages" you will find instructions on how to get to the old threads.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 468
Points 8,910
Jan replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:49 AM

I jumped in REALLY late.  I got the pattern about a month ago and am planning on jumping on it seriously right after the first of the year.  The finished quilts are great and I am a beginner with paper piecing, so we will see.  But I am excited to get going.

Jan in Rochester NY

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 1:41 PM

Glad you're joining us Jan. You'll do fine with it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,084
Points 66,725
Robin replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:43 AM

Welcome Jan,

You might be a late starter but I'm a late finisher.    I started when everyone else did but this project is on hold until I finish my Christmas Quilts.  I'm in the process of quilting the last one.    You'll love paper piecing it goes fairly quick and easy.   I look forward to seeing your squares.

Robin

Page 33 of 37 (545 items) «Prev3132333435Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use