Harry Potter Paper Piecing Project of Doom: General Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 544 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Jun 20 2012 7:46 PM

Thank you Gail and Judy. :) Love picking out the fabric for these. And I bounce back and forth on my quilts. But I want to do more after this one. Love the 'themed' quilts. I may do another Harry Potter, there are more blocks I would like to try without the books. And I like the Hunger game quilt blocks too. We'll see. :)

Judy your Harry Potter is so cool too. Looking forward  to seeing it finished. Think I am just gonna stitch-in-the-ditch quilt mine.. then maybe shadow stitch for the bg. Not sure yet.

Deb

Gail71:

I really like the fabric that you have used for the pages on your books.  Once I have all the quilt obligations completed will get going on this one in the meantime, I'll enjoy what all of you have done.  So many creative folks working on this.  Gail in NH

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 20 2012 9:13 PM

Debbie (Dainty):
Harry is half done. :) This is so cool!

Yes it is Debbie. I love your blocks together. Great choice for background.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Judy,

I was able to enlarge the photo of the closeup of the back of the owlsea quilt.  It looks like just outline stitching around each item, and hardly anything else.

I can't wait to see yours all done!! It is going to be stunning.  Hope you plan on sending pictures of it to Jennifer O. at Sewhook. She will be so impressed with what you have done with her patterns. 

I have to admit, I'm getting anxious to see all my blocks done, too!  I need a break from it, but there isn't a stopping point! 

Oh!  I've been meaning to ask you...have you got a spot to work in a quilted spider web?  Maybe in a corner of the bookcase?  Don't know how far you have gotten with the books yet, but spiders play a big part in one book!  I was surfing the other night looking at pictures of tattoos and saw a spider web. I think I can work one in with the block with the three potion bottles. There is space above the bottles that is just background right now.  Trying to decide if I want to embroidery it or mark it to quilt it in later.  Think I'll try a little 3-D applique for the spider! You are welcome to use the idea if you want!

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Debbie,

There are lots of neat blocks on the Fandom site!  Harry Potter and others, too.  My DH is into the werewolves, vampires, etc. (they never grown up!) so I may be forced to do another 'recliner quilt' for him to snuggle under while he watches his movies!

But as you said....finish this one first! 

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,932
Points 125,210

MaxNTopeka:
Oh!  I've been meaning to ask you...have you got a spot to work in a quilted spider web?  Maybe in a corner of the bookcase?  Don't know how far you have gotten with the books yet, but spiders play a big part in one book!

Max, that's a great idea. I down to just 5 blocks. They are at the top of the bookcase and I'm sure I could work in a spiderweb. I'll have George draw one on a scrap piece of fabric and give it a try.

Thanks you. You always have such creative ideas.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Yippee!!!! I just finished Week 30!! Last block!  Whew!

I will have to rearrange the blocks to get a better balance before I take a picture of the layout.  Soon!  I have posted pictures of the individual blocks in media and the other discussion links.

THANK YOU! Kris!! for starting this Project of Doom!   LOVE it!

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 7:28 AM

Congrats Max,   Can't wait to see your arrangement of the blocks.  You have done a terrific job on all your blocks.

Robin

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 6:33 PM

cat lovers:

Wonderful job!!!  I love your fabrics especially your crystal ball and it's stand.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 6:35 PM

Zsofia:

Hello All - just wanted to post my backing fabric for the quilt. I found it on eBay (and didn't cost an arm and a leg :) LOL)... My 6 year old will be thrilled

It's a panel kit and I will have to add a 3rd border to make it to the right size. Now I just have to finish a few blocks.

Zsofia

Wow!!  Your quilt will be sensational.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 6:56 PM

Debbie (Dainty):

Harry is half done. :) This is so cool!

Debbie you've done a great job.  You've got so many fantastic fabrics. What a wonderful quilt you will have!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 7:29 PM

MaxNTopeka:

I've been skipping back and forth between Nana's scrappy project and POD.  I have finished Weeks 27 and 29.

Great blocks Max.  Love your fabrics.  The cauldron fabric has wonderful texture to it. 

I got all of my blocks done for Nana's scrap quilt but have not put the blocks together yet.  I think I will get some more background and do it up as a traditional Irish Chain.  I'm in no hurry, I've put it away for a while so I can work on Harry Potter and a table topper for my DD.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 16,405
Zsofia replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 12:13 PM

Hello All - Finaly I finished the quilt top and the back. Quilting has to wait till we get back from vacation (we are leaving tomorrow). As far as I'm concerned it will be a stitch in the ditch  and some "echo quilting" around objects. My background fabrick is so busy there is no point for fancy work... and it will be a lot easier and faster that way.

Here are the pictures:

Zsofia

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,932
Points 125,210

Zsofia:

Hello All - Finaly I finished the quilt top and the back. 

Whoa! Zsofia, it's incredible. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 6:09 PM

Nice work Zsofia. This is beautiful. Nice use of the panel for the back.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 115
Marilyn replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 7:34 PM

Beautiful work!

Page 32 of 37 (545 items) «Prev3031323334Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use