Harry Potter Paper Piecing Project of Doom: General Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 544 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 7:33 PM

Thanks everyone for the comments on my quilt.

Sherry,

Welcome you're going to love this project.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 529
Points 10,110
Pat A replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 6:03 PM

Oh Judy, Your HP quilt is wonderful!  REally like the bookshelf effect.  I had thought about doing something like that but I am a long way from that juncture.  I  am still fiddling with  HP's glasses.  My floor looks like a snowstorm  has gone through.  I'm hoping to get that block finished tonight and maybe several others done this weekend and then I will caught up.  With this project at least. 

Pat A. in KY 

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

Thanks Pat.  I have all 30 blocks done and sewn together and the bookcase done. I put Harry's broom leaning against the side of the bookshelf. Now I'm working on the other side with a second scabbers crawling up the side. Well, hopefully he will be crawling up the side. I'm having a terrible time with the modifications I had to do. He may be like the crooked little man who walked a crooked mile with a crooked cat and a little crooked dog. Only this is a mouse. LOL.

With all the tearing of hair I may end up BALD by the time I have it right. George walked in my room and said "Why is the air blue?"

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Poor Judy! 

I hope Scabbers #2 starts to behave himself and stops giving you so much trouble.  I can hardly wait to see the finished quilt! It's going to be wonderful!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 5:16 PM

Judy,

I'm confident you'll get it all worked out in the end. Looking forward to it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

Scabbers #2 is done and in place running up the side of the bookcase. I made him TWICE. The second time I called it good and sewed him into the border. Used a decor stitch for the tail. Stood back and cussed up a storm. I had messed up him body and the tail looks like, well you know. 

I have to decide if I want to have a third go at this rotten little mouse or just leave him as he is. 

Tomorrow I will take it into the quilt shop to find backing. I was going to use the dark star fabric but decided against it.  Thursday I go out to my son's sign company to use his huge layout table and layer it.  The quilting itself will wait. I'm terrified of that step. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Sun, Apr 22 2012 8:45 PM

Judy, solamente respira fuerte y mira tu trabajo terminado está precioso, todo irá bien.  Ninette

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

Ninette Gracias, puede ser muy frustrante, pero agradezco el aliento

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,489
Barbara replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 12:31 PM

Gee I'm so behind everyone I don't think I'll ever get caught up .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,450
Jacy replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 8:55 PM

Barbara:

Gee I'm so behind everyone I don't think I'll ever get caught up .Barbara

Barbara, I only have the first 3 blocks done and I'm not even sure I'll have time to work on them for several more weeks. By then my DS will be out of school so we'll have fun working on them then.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 12:03 AM

Barbara,

there's still a few of us who haven't gotten more than three or four blocks done. We'll bring up the rear together.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 12:25 AM

I'll wait for you!    I got waylaid working on a different project that is taking up all my sewing table space (and then some!) I've had to lay my PoD stack on the bookshelf out of the way until I finish this quilt. Then back to Harry! Maybe by tomorrow evening...I'm down to the binding.

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,489
Barbara replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 7:31 AM

Thanks all , it does make me feel alittle better to know I'm not the only one so far behind,I know I will get them done just have to put on hold for a short time. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Judy,

Are you still chasing rats?  Poor ole Scabbers is going to be worn out!   Were you able to find a different backing material at the LQS?

I think I found the material I'm going to use for the bookcase. I liked it in the store, but didn't have any of the blocks with me.  Pinned it up on the design board and I'm thinking it will be good.  There are still so many blocks to go, I took it down and put it away for now. DH  was saying it looked kinda plain, so I explained it wouldn't look like it does now when I'm finished.  Sure hope I didn't lie to him!!

On to the next block!

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

MaxNTopeka:

Are you still chasing rats?  Poor ole Scabbers is going to be worn out!   Were you able to find a different backing material at the LQS?

Max

I'm allowing Scabbers to rest where he is. I have one on the book block and another going up the side of the bookcase. I'm not happy with that one but he's there to stay. I did find fabric for the backing. It's 109" wide so it will be just one piece. I kind of wanted to do a pieced backing but because of all the seams in the top I decided against that. It's going to be a bear to quilt as it is.

I may re-do the border to try to make it lay flatter. Plus I want to check everything carefully before sandwiching it. I've already found two places where I didn't take a big enough seam and the fabric has frayed out. I want to get all those things fixed.

This is the fabric for the backing.

• Post Points: 50
Page 26 of 37 (545 items) «Prev2425262728Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use