Harry Potter Paper Piecing Project of Doom: General Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 544 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,567
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 3:01 PM

Since most of you seem to be working ahead would you like to change the block assignment schedule?

• Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 3:03 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I can't figure out what the white thing is leaning against the book. Does anyone know?

I don't know what it is, but if you used a  feathery looking fabric and put a dark point on the bottom, it would look more like a writing quill.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 4:03 PM

i would ask my 9 yo what it was, but this is going to be  a present for him.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 4:05 PM

kris, i didn't look for a block assignment until i finished the first row.   it doesn't matter to me what order you assign them in.   form now on i'll do the ones you assign, and also continue working row by row as i get time.  

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 4:05 PM

is it a feather from the quiddich ball

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,567
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 4:20 PM

gini:

kris, i didn't look for a block assignment until i finished the first row.   it doesn't matter to me what order you assign them in.   form now on i'll do the ones you assign, and also continue working row by row as i get time.  

Gini,

we started with two at a time but left it open to change depending on how the group was progressing. If you think you can do more we can do that. The next assignment should be up soon it will be blocks 3 and 11.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Kris:
Since most of you seem to be working ahead would you like to change the block assignment schedule?

Kris, you must feel like you're trying to herd squirrels.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 4:52 PM

Kris ,I will go with the majoirty ,I can do either way. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,567
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 7:48 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

LOL Judy. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

Poor Kris!   But I don't suppose you really thought you could control this group, did you?   We're just so excited with this project, and so tickled at how the blocks are looking we can't help ourselves. And we kind of feed off of what others are doing and want to try what they have done. The blocks are like tater chips...we can't stop at just one or two! 

I for one would like to maybe do a couple of blocks every two weeks or so.  But I don't have as many other projects going on as some of the others do.  I know when I get my stuff together and do one block I kind of want to go ahead and do two.  I have my brain wrapped around the working backwards and in reverse and want to keep going. Some of the blocks are pretty easy. Some take me (a lot) longer than others. But if I stop too long I have to 'learn' the process all over again.

Whatever everyone else wants is okay with me. I know I can work ahead on some of the easy blocks and you won't whack my knuckles! LOL!!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,567
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 1:07 AM

Max,

you're too funny. I certainly wasn't thinking to control anyone. I'm just your gentle guide along the journey. Sometimes I'll be guiding from the rear but I'll be here cheering you all. I'm enjoying the progress and I probably would have been way ahead if I didn't have 287 (or more) other projects going.

I'll open up some new threads this weekend.

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 350
TJ replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 12:48 AM

This will be my first paper piecing project.  Hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.

I picked up some fat quarters at a recent quilt show.  I'm just waiting on the arrival of my background fabric and Carol Doak paper.  I was hoping to have it this weekend, but it hasn't shown up yet.  Hopefully Monday.  Really looking forward to making this quilt.

TJ

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,655
Debra replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 8:39 AM

I think it could a pen or a feather.  Rita Skeeters quill or Umbridge's 'I can not tell lies' quill. Think I will darken the point on mine. A little satin stitch would do it.

I watched 2 HP movies last night. Going to do block 3 today. lol

Is that what block we are on?

Deb

Judy T-Bellingham:

I have a question about week12. I can't figure out what the white thing is leaning against the book. Does anyone know? I copied this photo from the website, it's not one I did.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,235
Dara replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 8:47 AM

Kris:

I would have been way ahead if I didn't have 287 (or more) other projects going.

I'll open up some new threads this weekend.

Kris,  I would like to stick with 2 or maybe 3 blocks per month as I am new to paper piecing and have 3 other QCA projects in the works, not to mention the 11 cross-stitched quilts I'm working on, and I'm now spending a good chunk of time on my garden.  Oh yea, I have to go to work too.  LOL

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,235
Dara replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 8:49 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Kris:

Judy,  I love your analogy. Too funny.  LOL

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Page 14 of 37 (545 items) «Prev1213141516Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use