General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 532 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

SpringerMom. Welcome to the group. This group is what got me through the Harry Potter quilt I made. I'm currently working on some Pooh blocks from the fandominstitches website and some coast beach theme blocks.

When I say working on, I mean I've made at least one block, have the patterns for the others and plan to make more. Sometimes it's months between blocks. Harry Potter was different. I was so into that one that it literally consumed me 7 days a week for about 6 or 7 months.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 11 2014 3:54 PM

Welcome to the group SpringerMom.

We're in a slow period having just completed Quilting on the Square's BOM. We're always on the look out for new projects. I'm not currently working on any PP projects. I'm concentrating on LUS and "Garden Party"(appliqué group).

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 298
Points 4,860

Thanks for the welcome, Judy and Kris! I just put the binding on a quilted throw that I finally got to the finish line! The pattern was simple, but it took some time to collect fabrics for it, and after finally getting the top pieced, I put it aside for other things. The age-old story! So now, on to a new adventure. Paper piecing has intrigued me because of the accuracy that can be accomplished, especially with points. So, we'll see if I can get something started to learn the technique now that I've had a (very) brief introduction to it.    

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 7:39 AM

If you look in "Pages" you'll find some projects. I try to keep the links up to date but some may no longer be available. There are also two patterns in the group's blog.

If you have questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

K took some getting used to but I'm on a roll now. This Helicopter Quilt will be for my grandson Theo who is due 8/26. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 12:33 PM

Nice work Donna. I like your fabrics.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 7:03 PM

http://www.silverliningsoriginals.com/

this is a cool site

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

gini:

It is cool. I love the paper piecing kitty and puppy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 10:23 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

did you see the little goat, too, judy?

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

gini:

Judy T-Bellingham:

did you see the little goat, too, judy?

Yes! In fact I'm going to show it to my daughter when she comes up this morning. But I KNOW what she will say "Oh mom, you could use that design for a quilt for our fall fund raiser".  <sigh> (but I love her and she knows it, the stinker)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 10:54 AM

Very cool Gini. I've added the link to "pages".

Not Ranked
Posts 298
Points 4,860

So, Judy... when will you be starting on the new goat pattern project for your daughter's fundraiser? lol. That little goat is really cute! I looked through the website last evening and saw some really fun things! Some look really hard, lots of tiny pieces. But, I guess you just dive in and hope for the best. Can't learn if you don't even try!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,916
Points 124,905

SpringerMom:

So, Judy... when will you be starting on the new goat pattern project for your daughter's fundraiser? lol. That little goat is really cute! I looked through the website last evening and saw some really fun things! Some look really hard, lots of tiny pieces. But, I guess you just dive in and hope for the best. Can't learn if you don't even try

I showed it to my daughter today. No hurry, the next fundraiser isn't until November I think. She has a quilt for the fundraiser in a couple weeks but it's not goats. It's a Seattle Seahawks quilt. I got tired of making goats. Cute as they are.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,900

Why can't I find the goat?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 9:50 AM

Quilters' Newsletter has a sew along that some of you might find interesting. It has simple foundation patterns and may include minimal appliqué. You'll find it here.

Page 35 of 36 (533 items) «Prev3233343536Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use