General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 530 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 10:54 PM

I love to PP (Did the Harry Potter quilt)  and now I am  working on The Disney Princess's from Fandom in Stitches... so far I have these done. We don't have a thread for this so hope its ok that I posted it here. The quilt will have 20 blocks (10") and 30 (5") coordinate blocks.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,478
Points 362,142
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 22 2014 10:14 PM

very nice Debra. I'm going to do the Princess Bride one that just started.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 11:17 AM

Thanks Kris. I have never seen The Princess bride so I don't know that much about it. It will be fun to follow you tho. :)

I finished Snow White now too. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,478
Points 362,142
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 9:00 PM

Debra you're doing a really nice job on these Disney blocks. "The Princess Bride" is a really fun movie. The project has embroidery and paper piecing. I haven't made the first block yet. I' going to fall behind rather quickly.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 890
Points 16,540

Quilting on the Square's Block 12 - Friendship is now available.  Better late than never.  

Debra, love your Disney blocks,  My 2 yr old granddaughter loves the Princesses!  I may have to make her a quilt of the Princesses.  

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 895

I use a wooden press or finger press if I can't find my wooden press.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,471
Points 116,825

stetlerarts:

I use a wooden press or finger press if I can't find my wooden press.

Me too but then, I'm always loosing my tools. I tend to forget they are in my hand and wander the house putting it down someplace strange.

I'm semi, kind of, working on Winnie the Pooh characters from Fandom in Stitches website. Eeyore I really like. I had trouble with Tigger due to lack of attention and had to applique in a piece to correct my boo boo. Pooh is awful and I'll redo him with different fabrics. The yellow looked terrible when I got the block completed. So, in my wisdom, I grabbed a crayon to try to correct it. Well, so much for that! Oh, and looking at the photo it looks like I did something odd with his mouth. Fiddle, maybe I'll just keep him, oddities and all.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,478
Points 362,142
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 2 2014 5:15 PM

Judy I love your Pooh blocks. Nice work. Pooh doesn't look bad in the photo. 

I've been trying to hold off on doing the "As You Wish" blocks and they recently started working on Spongebob. I feel myself weakening.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 890
Points 16,540

Quilting on the Square is offering 6 free 4" blocks each month if you sign up for their newsletter.  It's only available to in store customers & newsletter subscribers.  I signed up & received the first blocks in April when it started.  They are much simpler than their BOM from the last 2 yrs. 

It's called their Miniature Collection.  Each month, for 12 months a new set of miniature blocks will be provided. In total there will be 72 4" blocks.   The blocks are designed to bust through your stash. No yardage requirements are provided  You simply pull a variety of light, medium & dark fabrics.  The scrappy the better!

Are any of you interested in joining me? 

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 5:52 PM

I like the idea. Will go check it out right now.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,478
Points 362,142
Kris replied on Fri, May 2 2014 12:45 PM

Patricia Faye:

I think I need to. LOL I love four inch blocks.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,285
MizPat replied on Fri, May 2 2014 1:17 PM

Kris:

Patricia Faye:

I missed the April set by the two days of May. Do you know if they will offer a chance to pick up the ones missed? I'll try although I'm deep into my DGD's wedding quilt.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 890
Points 16,540

MizPat:

Kris:

Patricia Faye:

I missed the April set by the two days of May. Do you know if they will offer a chance to pick up the ones missed? I'll try although I'm deep into my DGD's wedding quilt.

I'm not sure since this is different from last year's BOM.   You might send them an email asking them.   I won't be able to work on these until after I get back from visiting my son and daughter-in-law in El Paso on 5/12.  I leave Monday & have tons of things to do before I leave.  I love these blocks.  

Will check back with you all once I get back.   Have a great weekend!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 890
Points 16,540

I received an email from Quilting On The Square about the miniature blocks.  Here it is:

Hello!

Well, apparently we're a bunch of softies at Quilting on the Square, because we are giving you ONE LAST CHANCE to collect Month 1 of the Miniature Collection :) That's right, don't expect this again, at the end of this email, you will have Month 1 (April) and Month 2 (May) completely available to you. After this, it's tough love - Month 1 will be GONE!

So you can still get the April blocks.  I just got home yesterday & haven't been able to get back into my sewing room yet.  Have a great week.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 711
Points 11,190

Ok lets try this again.  My first reply disappeared.  I am going to be starting my first paper-piecing quilt.  I am most likely going to need all the help I can get.

Can anyone suggest a good beginner's tutorial so I can see what I am supposed to be doing.

• Post Points: 65
Page 33 of 36 (531 items) «Prev3132333435Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use