General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 530 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

Patricia Faye:

Quilting On The Square has a new free BOM that looks like it started in April.  There are 2 blocks there now: (1) Flowers all around & (2) Cactus Rose.  I just printed them & will see what I have in my stash to do them.  The June block should be added after the first.  

Is anyone else interested?  If so, can we start a new thread for this under the PP group?  

Patricia, I think I'll do this one also. I bought a couple yards of neutral fabric a couple weeks ago that will be perfect for backgrounds.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

Judy T-Bellingham:

Patricia Faye:
Quilting On The Square has a new free BOM that looks like it started in April.  There are 2 blocks there now: (1) Flowers all around & (2) Cactus Rose.  I just printed them & will see what I have in my stash to do them.  The June block should be added after the first.   Is anyone else interested?  If so, can we start a new thread for this under the PP group?  

Patricia, I think I'll do this one also. I bought a couple yards of neutral fabric a couple weeks ago that will be perfect for backgrounds.

Patricia, I printed the pattern and was confused with the pattern. I think I've figured it out and I've taken crayons and colored the template. I'll make copies of the colored one.

I'd kind of like to carry the same colors throughout all 12 months but have no idea of how much fabric I'd need. I waste so much when I paper piece. Maybe I'll jtry to figure on the same fabric for the background and scrappy the rest.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Mon, May 27 2013 1:09 PM

Patricia Faye:
Quilting On The Square has a new free BOM that looks like it started in April.

I've downloaded the first blocks but won't be making them anytime soon (if ever).

I'll open threads for those who want to participate. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Mon, May 27 2013 7:23 PM

Ladies,

the new threads are open for the "Spike Your English" project (April and May blocks). As always, I have tagged the posts and included links to the blocks. If you (or a thread) get lost go back to "Pages" under "Group Projects. all links are there.

Have fun.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Mon, May 27 2013 7:25 PM

Anyone still working on "Moon Glow"? The next few blocks will be posted in the coming months.

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,635
Gail71 replied on Mon, May 27 2013 8:15 PM

Yes, Kris's I am working on it.  Now am tempted by the block of the month.  May start it with my quilt group here in NH.

gail

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Mon, May 27 2013 10:42 PM

That's good to hear Gail. Keep us posted.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Mon, May 27 2013 11:10 PM

Kris:
Anyone still working on "Moon Glow"?

Mine is out where I can see it, but I just never seem to get to it. After I get my UFO finished i really need to get another block or two done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Tue, May 28 2013 12:36 AM

Jacy,

we're still on track (one year project). I just hadn't seen anyone else post the first few blocks. I think a lot of people lost interest since it's not a full pp project. 

My printer died a while back so I couldn't print my next blocks. Have new printer now so will get back into it. DH keeps asking about it.

I'm not very motivated these days. After I get done with my state swap blocks I'll get back to this one.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, May 28 2013 8:05 AM

Judy ,I just now saw these so I'll be working on my later today,have errands to run this morning.  I love them. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, May 28 2013 8:07 AM

Kris I still will be I just got busy with other things,  I been thinking about doing the next couple of blocks , just haven't gotten to it yet. maybe this week I'll get them done. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Thu, May 30 2013 11:58 PM

Looking forward to seeing them Barbara.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

Design 3 for June on the Quilting on the Square BOM is out. Whew, looks very involved. I've printed the pattern but this one may take me some time to figure out what fabrics to use. I'll have to think about it next week. This morning I got distracted once again and pulled out the completed blocks from the Borderland Butternut and Blue project and am assembling them.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 8:00 PM

Thread is open for block three.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 1,100

Kris, I tell my students to let the fabric decide what needs to be done. Some fabrics finger press beautifully (especially if they haven't been washed) while others are resistant to a good crease. We are doing a project with scrap fabrics and many have been washed, so pressing with a hot, dry iron that is gently moved up and down, rather than sliding, works very well. No distortion.

Page 31 of 36 (531 items) «Prev2930313233Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use