rated by 0 users
This post has 532 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,031
Points 368,967
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:40 PM

FYI:

Anyone still wishing to make the "Compass Collection" (now or later) the patterns will be removed from the website so please download them now.

There are six bonus blocks also available so get those as well.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,826
Points 248,669
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 12:08 PM

Kris the pattern is from here .Look in the blogs on page four. I just checked and its still there, I thought this mihgt be a good one for us to do  alittle later on.I printed the patterns so I'm going to do it regardless .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,031
Points 368,967
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 5:34 PM

Barbara,

I'm not a paying member so I don't get the free patterns from here.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,826
Points 248,669
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 8:54 PM

Kris not free patterns ,it is in the blogs on page 4 . I forgot you get your messages in your email . I changed the orginal message . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 530
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 10:30 PM

I looked too, and you must be a paid member to DL that pattern... phooey!! {giggle}

Liz / Calgary

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,826
Points 248,669
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 3:59 AM

Elizabeth ,that's to bad it is really a pretty quilt .  The emblem for QCA is one of these patterns . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 1:09 PM

Since I am so far behind, there is not still a link to some of the blocks.  So here are the first 4 Compass Blocks.  In order hopefully. LOL

OK so in reverse order.  Block 5. Well let's just say we didnt get along very well so I moved on to block 6.

Jan in Rochester, NY

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,750

Great job!     Jan you are really going to town with paper piecing.   Thursday as soon as the broadband internet is hooked up I am going to download these and the bonus blocks.  I hope they will be there Thursday afternoon :/    Some I think will drive me crazy but there are a few that I really love and want to try them out.  I've been cleaning and re-arranging rooms for two days, I am worn out but my sewing area is back in order so hopefully  I'll be able to sew something today :D

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 935
Points 17,435

Jan, you did an excellent job on your blocks. They are beautiful.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 6:40 PM

Están muy bonitos sus bloques.  Muy bien! saludos

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,826
Points 248,669
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 10:33 PM

jan ,nice job on the blocks , last time I looked they were all still up . and that was sat. barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,031
Points 368,967
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 12:33 AM

Jan:
Since I am so far behind, there is not still a link to some of the blocks.  So here are the first 4 Compass Blocks.  In order hopefully. LOL

Great looking blocks Jan. Nice work.

If ever you can't find a thread try "Tags" from the group home page. Also adjust sorting and filtering to show you more than two months' worth of discussions. YOu'll find instructions in "pages".

At any rate posting in general discussion is fine too.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 2,145
MNJen replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 6:56 AM

Here's a weird thing that maybe someone can help me with.  I'm noticing that my bobbin thread tension gets loose and loop-ish when I sew two pieced sections together with the paper on.  It's only now and then when there are lots of seams to match up that I leave the paper on in its entirety but it's a pain to have redo.  It sews fine if I strip out the bottom paper from the seam section.

Is this a presser foot pressure problem?  Or maybe something with the feed dogs?  The stitch length is set shorter for paper.

Any ideas?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,635
Gail71 replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 4:35 PM

Several things can be happening.  One thing is you may have a burr on your needle.  Solution..change the needle.  You should be using a 90/14 size needle.  You may also be skipping stitches because you have several layers of paper and fabric.  Solution..loosen your top tension.  Lefty, loosely.  In real words, lower the number on the top tension.  The other solution is to take the paper off when sewing sections together.  That is what I like to do so that I can "encourage" the fabric to get in the correct place.  These are just suggestions to your mystery.

Gail

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,031
Points 368,967
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 4:58 PM

Jen.

make sure the bobbin thread is properly seated in the guides in your bobbin case or what ever guides there are if there's no case. Also make sure bobbin is properly wound.

When you thread your machine make sure the presser foot is up so  you have proper tension in the top 

Slow down when going over bumps or try sewing these with a walking foot if you do not have built in dual feed. Make sure you do not have lint built up in the bobbin area that might be causing skipped stitches. You should clean it after you empty a bobbin.

I think needle size is a matter of preference and also depends on your thread size. Right now I'm using 80/12.

Page 29 of 36 (533 items) «Prev2728293031Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use