General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 532 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Debbie (Dainty):
Thanks so much for thinking about me. All is good here. It is not cancer. whew..

That is such good news Debbie. Thanks for letting us know (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,750

Hello all, I finally understand PP! No Mariner's Compass yet but I can get a block together..lol  The Jinny Beyer quilt is gorgeous but I do not think i am ready for anything like that yet. I will continue to work on Carol Doak's beginner flower and other easy blocks until I feel more confident.  Thank you for the list of links under the Pages link.

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 5:40 AM

Erin,

Congratulations.  It's very addictive so watch out. 

Wanted to share with everyone this quilt I made for my brother for Christmas.   The center is the Mariner's Compass we started with.  I also paper pieced the stars in corner because it turn out easier to do that than to piece them.

Robin

• Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 7:15 AM

Está bellísimo, y los colores son muy elegantes y se ve poco femenino.   Es un gran logro!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055

Robin. It's just beautiful. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,750

Beautiful Robin!  I am going to keep practicing on flowers until the QCA round robin ends. After that, when I do not have any obligations I will try more complicated designs.  

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Beautiful Robin!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 4:12 PM

Thanks everyone.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Robin, beautiful

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,033
Points 368,977
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:46 PM

Robin:
Wanted to share with everyone this quilt I made for my brother for Christmas.   The center is the Mariner's Compass we started with.  I also paper pieced the stars in corner because it turn out easier to do that than to piece them.

This is wonderful Robin. I like the stars you added to it. Pretty fabrics.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,033
Points 368,977
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:48 PM

Erin:

Hello all, I finally understand PP! No Mariner's Compass yet but I can get a block together..lol  The Jinny Beyer quilt is gorgeous but I do not think i am ready for anything like that yet. I will continue to work on Carol Doak's beginner flower and other easy blocks until I feel more confident.  Thank you for the list of links under the Pages link.

Erin the Jinny Beyer project starts with simple blocks then gets more complicated as you go along. This helps build your skills. If you don't feel comfortable you can make more than one of the simpler blocks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,679
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 10:00 AM

Erin ,I have a suggestion for you .If you want to really imporve your skills ,go to pages  and do the compass project . I would at least copy all the patterns before they rmove it from the site.  You will really learn how to PP doing this project. Its a very good one to learn on. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,750
erindipity replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 11:08 AM

OK Barbara- I will go save the projects. I am getting ready to try to paper piece flying geese, seeing if I can keep the points straight!  I will probably being sending you a PM after a bit Barbara, concerning the RR. Nothing bad, just a couple questions! :)

Barbara:

Erin ,I have a suggestion for you .If you want to really imporve your skills ,go to pages  and do the compass project . I would at least copy all the patterns before they rmove it from the site.  You will really learn how to PP doing this project. Its a very good one to learn on. Barbara

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,679
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 12:44 AM

Kris did you see the Spice Island compass quilt in Blogs, It is an older quilt form 2007, but I think it is beautiful .I did copy it and hope to work on it sometime later this year. I just mentioned it incase some of the other gals might want to do it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,033
Points 368,977
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:12 PM

Barbara,

sorry I missed this post.

I did not see this quilt. Whose is it? Is the pattern available?

Page 28 of 36 (533 items) «Prev2627282930Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use