Nothing yet Spud.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 6:23 PM

SpudGrandma,

Thanks so much for thinking about me. All is good here. It is not cancer. whew... And I got a clean bill of health all around. I am truely blessed and off of all meds now. :)

Been working on my Christmas/Yule/Holiday gifts. (Quilted ornaments, homemade lip balm, and a homemade wreath.) And baking cookies....lots of cookies. But think I am about done. Have 2 more ornaments just to finish up.  

Then I want to sandwich and quilt 2 of my quilts before I make anything else. One is for my bed and I need it. lol

Wishing you all a safe and Happy Holiday. 

Deb 

Spudgrandma:

Debbie (Dainty):
Today I had a biopsy of a cyst on my right breast. And guess I will find out by friday what happens with it.

Does anyone know how Debbie is doing? Has anyone heard from her?

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,854
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 7:02 PM

Debbie (Dainty):
Thanks so much for thinking about me. All is good here. It is not cancer. whew... And I got a clean bill of health all around. I am truely blessed and off of all meds now. :)

Debbie,

that's great news. Thanks for checking in. 

Merry Christmas

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 2:30 AM

Que gran noticia, para terminar un año y empezar uno nuevo,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:08 AM

Debbie this is great news ,so happy to hear . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,854
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:27 AM

I've opened up a thread for the new compass block.

I've also opened up threads for the first six "Moonglow" blocks. Start when you want to; there's no rush at all. I just don't want to forget to put them up. I don't have all my fabric choices worked out yet.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:38 AM

Kris, I went and checked out Moonglow,  Is it PP

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,854
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 2:10 AM

Leslie,

it can be. Instructions (and templates) are included for hand and paper piecing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Okay, thanks Kris

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 895

Good day ladies.. i atm new to qca and wow a paper piecing group.. i have heard so much about paper piecing i want to learn but from what i have heard i am scared.. but one of my other group friends on connecting threads says once i would get the hang of it it i will like it... so how hard can it be....i have heard so much about this Carol Doak.. who is she and is she the matriarch of paper piecing so is she good to learn from?  i sort of did paper piecing when i made my sons quilt with putting fusible paper on the back or whater of my sons umbrella quilt.. i havent figured out how to post photos yet but i would love to show it and then maybe someone can help me explain what i did... i had to draw the shapes on the paper then ironed it on the fabric then cut it out then pressed it on the black block once i got it set properly.. after word i sewed around it to stabilized the umbrellas.. it turned out perfectly.. he loved the quilt that he thought i would never get done but it took me forever.. it was a ufo for two years i finally finished on christmas eve nigth and gave it to him the next day... so i hope i will meet new friends in this group who can help me learn about paper piecing..

Lisa Fenner

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 1:08 AM

Lisa,when you reply to a post  ,you will see a bar above where yo type your word , there is a little green film strip , when you click on this it will bring up a little box that says browse,click the browse and it should take you to where you keep your pictures ,documents ,Etc pick your picture you want and once you have done this ,click insert.once the picture is downloaded hit post and it will show up in your post . it take a few seconds so wait until you see it in your message before you click post.  I hope this helps.

I was also terrified of PP when I first started ,but now I'm hooked ,I love doing it .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,854
Points 366,477
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 2:53 AM

Lisa Fenner:
i sort of did paper piecing when i made my sons quilt with putting fusible paper on the back or whater of my sons umbrella quilt.. i havent figured out how to post photos yet but i would love to show it and then maybe someone can help me explain what i did... i had to draw the shapes on the paper then ironed it on the fabric then cut it out then pressed it on the black block once i got it set properly..

This sounds like fusible appliqué Lisa. With paper piecing your pattern is printed or traced on a paper foundation. You sew through the paper following a numbered sequence. After all your sewing is complete you tear away the paper.

Carol Doak is an authority on paper piecing and I learned from one of her books called "Show Me How to Paper Piece". She also has DVDs and her own brand of foundation paper. 

You can find many tutorials around the internet if you'd rather not purchase a book etc. 

If you go back to this group's home page you'll find a link for "Pages". You'll find tutorials and projects.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 906
Points 16,775

Kris:

Lisa Fenner:
i sort of did paper piecing when i made my sons quilt with putting fusible paper on the back or whater of my sons umbrella quilt.. i havent figured out how to post photos yet but i would love to show it and then maybe someone can help me explain what i did... i had to draw the shapes on the paper then ironed it on the fabric then cut it out then pressed it on the black block once i got it set properly..

This sounds like fusible appliqué Lisa. With paper piecing your pattern is printed or traced on a paper foundation. You sew through the paper following a numbered sequence. After all your sewing is complete you tear away the paper.

Carol Doak is an authority on paper piecing and I learned from one of her books called "Show Me How to Paper Piece". She also has DVDs and her own brand of foundation paper. 

You can find many tutorials around the internet if you'd rather not purchase a book etc. 

If you go back to this group's home page you'll find a link for "Pages". You'll find tutorials and projects.

Lisa, you can also find a good step by step tutorial on Quilters Cache under "paper piecing."   Placing & sewing the first 2 pieces of fabric on the paper template are usually the most challenging.  Once you get that down, the rest is so very easy.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 9:30 PM

I agree I think what you did was fusible applique not paper piecing. I have done a few paper piecing it is super easy if you follow the directions for the projects. :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Debbie (Dainty):
Thanks so much for thinking about me. All is good here. It is not cancer. whew..

That is such good news Debbie. Thanks for letting us know (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 27 of 36 (533 items) «Prev2526272829Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use