rated by 0 users
This post has 530 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:11 PM

HELP

i printed all the harry potter blocks but one, because i didn't like one of the blocks and i thought when i was ready i would figure out which block i wanted to adapt.  bad move.

the link is broken to the patterns and i can't download anything.   i tried their search and got nothing.  is there something i am not doing right or are the patterns gone.

the patterns i wanted to look at were:  scabbers, griffendor crest, fawkes and the hungarian horntail.   if any of you have one or any number of these, could i have copies?  

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:22 PM

Here's the web page. http://www.fandominstitches.com/2011/05/harry-potter.html

They seem to be working for me.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:39 PM

the files to the patterns won't open for me.  the get on a closed loop that keeps flashing  back to the open file link. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 6:03 PM

it might be my computer,  i'll check on the one at home.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 6:14 PM

I couldn't figure out how to attach them to a PM so I sent you an email with the 4 patterns.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:25 PM

thanks jacy.  i just made it home and was going to try my computer here.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 12:06 AM

i can get them here at home.  something must be up with the office computer, again.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 655

Could be a higher level of security or firewall, I can't get some sites from work for that reason

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

Groan....I've been playing with the paper piecing patterns in Seascapes. I love these patterns but I've having a horrible time with them. I've done three so far. Each one has it's issues, even what I thought would be an easy one, the whale tail. Here they are,in order. I did the whale tail first,(I think I already posted this one) then the lighthouse (it came out WONKY!!!) and finally the lobster. There's what I think is an error in the lobster pattern but I can't do anything about that now. I tried to make the water going in the same direction but gave up on that really quickly.  I had intended to make all the blocks in the book. That is no longer my intention. Maybe a couple more and I'll just make a wall hanging (or cat bed depending on how it turns out). Maybe I'll feel differently after putting this project aside for a few weeks. It took me about 7 hours, over a period of three weeks, to do JUST the lobster. That includes copying the pattern pieces, using colored pencils to figure out what coloring goes where before I even put needle to fabric. I'm done whining now.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:25 PM

Judy ,I love them . you know what your issues are but as of now I don't see them. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:41 AM

Judy está muy lindos, es bueno tener retos, el uso del cerebro nos aleja del alzheimer, y el vencerlos nos llena el ego.  Adelante! estan muy lindos.  Ninette

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

Thanks Ninette. That's funny and if true this project will definitely keep me from developing Alzheimers!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:17 AM

Judy,

I really like the lobster! He looks like he's fighting mad and thrashing around in the water.  Only way to change him would be to use a water pattern what isn't so directional. You've done a wonderful piecing job, and your colors are great!

Sorry....I can't see any wonky-ness in the lighthouse.  Your piecing looks spot on! Seams match, lines are straight.  I wonder if you used a darker color for the lighthouse if that would let it show up against the sky? The white of the lighthouse seems to blend into the sky and it's hard for my old eyes to easily see it's shape.  I tend to see one of those old playtex baby bottles rather than a lighthouse....but that would be a design flaw or my strange imagination...not your piecing.  That sky fabric is so grand!

Maybe you'd like working with this series of patterns, and the resulting blocks, if you weren't having to struggle so with the patterns not being clearly labeled for what colors go where.  That's a shame that they aren't more user friendly, especially at the price of the book.  Maybe you've just been too close to them for too long. You need to lay the aside for a few days, work on something else and relax, then look at them again. They really are well done!  I'd be tickled pink if they were my blocks!

Max

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 884
Points 16,405

Hello Judy!  I agree with MaxNTopeka, your blocks look great.  The lighthouse does look like the ones I seen, as well as the lobster.  I love the way you did the sky too.  I have the same book but haven't had a chance to work on any of the patterns yet.  We are always to critical of our own work!  

Have a great week & Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Patricia Faye:
Have a great week & Happy Thanksgiving to all.

You too Patricia!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 25 of 36 (531 items) «Prev2324252627Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use