General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 532 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 12:47 AM

Thanks for asking Max. So far so good. I had a lot of ground to cover since I went to the Leavenworth retreat but I'm on track. Most of my machine sewing is relegated to the weekends. I try to get at least half an hour at a time. I still have lots of downtime at work so I get some hand sewing done there (home work too).

MaxNTopeka:
 I know it's hard right now, but it will make such a big difference in your life when you are done.

I really hope so. Maybe I'll be able to convince DH to leave Maine.

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 4:14 AM

Thank you Ninette.

The Blog hop is on Whims and Fancies.com and its hosted by Soma. But I think it ends Oct 31st. You can still pick up the patterns on her website. .

Deb

Ninette:

Están lindos Debbie cual es el blog me gustaría para ir poco a poco para el otro año.

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 1:27 PM

Kris, yo no se en que lugar se encuentran ustedes pero las noticias son muy preocupantes, como están todas las personas del grupo?  Alguien está afectado por el agua o el viento?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 1:45 AM

Ninette,

We got heavy rainfall and high winds here. Some people lost electricity and are still without. We came out fairly well here in Maine.

"Conseguimos la precipitación pesada y los fuertes vientos aquí. Una cierta electricidad perdida gente y todavía está fuera. Salimos bastante bien aquí en Maine."

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 9:49 AM

Ninette,

We got heavy winds and rainfall here in western NY.  The houses on the shore of Lake Ontario, just a few kilometers from here got a lot of damage.  Power was out to part of our area for 2 days. We were lucky to be untouched by the storm. A big tree came down in my son's front yard. No one or nothing hurt by it, just the need to clean it up.  But that was all minor compared to New York City, about 8 hours drive from here.  They still have over a million people without power and the flooding is just beginning to subside almost 3 days later.

Jan in Rochester New York

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 11:59 AM

Es bueno saber que se encuentran bien, espero las personas pronto tengan electricidad y esten sin inundación para seguir con su vida.  Gracias por responderme

Ninette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:28 AM

Kris I guess the compass folks have forgotten its November ,they still have not posted the next block. I just had a thought if they are on the east coast they may not have power yet.  Oh well I guess they will get it up soon..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:29 AM

I noticed that Barbara. I've been looking for it for the past week. I haven't seen any messages on the site maybe they just forgot or are busy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 2:31 PM

Kris ,the November block was finally posted today . Its a holiday block . should be pretty when finished.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:43 PM

I see it Barbara. I like the green "trees". Will put up the new thread shortly.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 12:17 PM

I have been lurking and watching all of you do the Harry Potter quilts.  I had DH print it for me and decided that I would make one for him.  He is a huge Harry Potter fan.  Then I looked at all the tiny pieces.  I have never paper pieced. I haven't even done a lot of quilt piecing so it scared me.  Then I saw the compass blocks.  DH saw one of the wonderful pictures and asked if I could do that.  Not sure, but never one to shy away I told him to print it and I would try.  I thought I would hate paper piecing, but after only 4 tries to get it right, I love it.  I don't have much of a stash being new again to quilting (i took one class in 1982 and haven't done much until about a year ago), but found some fat quarters and away I go.  I have blocks 1 through 4 done, but need the granddaughter home to help me get them photographed and on line.  I am saving Harry Potter for next year.  But I can't wait!

Jan in Rochester, NY

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,917
Points 124,925

Jan, good for you! I was also totally new to paper piecing when Kris started the Harry Potter project. I watched a video and jumped in. Although I'm still not a fan of paper piecing I do like the effects you can get with the method.

But, careful! I became addicted to Harry Potter and it consumed me 7 days a week for 6 months. Literally. Now I'm working on one of Oregon Coast scenes. It doesn't grab me like Harry did but I'm working on it here and there.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 12:52 PM

Jan,

I'm glad you've decided to join us. I look forward to seeing your blocks when you do make them.

We will also have Moon Glow from Jinny Beyer next year. It's not strictly paper piecing but I think it will be fun.

If there's another project you think the group might like please let us know.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:17 PM

Jan, good for you .the compass blocks are my favorite and I love doing them. once you start they are not to bad.  I am getting ready to do Novembers now ,Look foward to seeing yours . I know they will be beautiful .I hope you  are going to join us in the Moonglow  project . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:31 PM

Jan que bueno que te decidiste a empezar a mi me encanta porque es una técnica con la que puedo hacer cosas que no haces de otra forma, es algo que no puedes dejar....    Ninette

Page 24 of 36 (533 items) «Prev2223242526Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use