Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,826
Points 123,505

Kris:

Judy T-Bellingham:
The book is Seascapes by Cheryl Peck.

Still waiting for my book.

i hope you get it soon. I have three of the patterns colored. The whale tail which I've pieced. The lighthouse and the lobster. Not sure when I'll do any more piecing but I have to admit its starting to catch my fancy. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,826
Points 123,505

Kris:

Judy T-Bellingham:
The book is Seascapes by Cheryl Peck.

Still waiting for my book.

i hope you get it soon. I have three of the patterns colored. The whale tail which I've pieced. The lighthouse and the lobster. Not sure when I'll do any more piecing but I have to admit its starting to catch my fancy. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 763
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 12:06 AM

MaxNTopeka:

Hi, Joy!

Wonder what had happened to you!  Glad to see you are still working on HP.

LOL! It's been a crazy few months! DH and I traveled to California to spend time with my niece, (she was in very poor health). We were gone for 2 months! We were able to see my niece's health take a turn for the better, travel through 21 states, stop at many National Parks, and many, many quilt shops! I was home for a week then gone again to MN to help a friend in a crisis situation. In the mean time I ended up in the emergency room on 2 occasions and subsequently had surgery 2 weeks ago! I am on the mend and quilting as often as I can! My DH even built me a small ironing table to sit next to my sewing machine so I don't have to get up and down!

Oh by the way did ya'll know that the National Parks have their own quilt blocks? I can't wait to start our vacation memories quilt...but that will have to wait...Christmas is just around the corner and it will be nothing short of a miracle if I get all my gifts made before then!

On a HP note I only have to put the outside border on my quilt top and then it will be ready to quilt! I have no idea how to quilt this quilt. What has everyone else done?

Joy

Mooresville, NC

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 12:50 AM

Joy,

Sounds like you have had a memorable summer! Hope you are able to get lots of rest now and heal quickly.

Went to WallyWorld Wednesday and they had a BIG sign that said "only 76 days til Christmas".  I started looking around and they are decorated for Holloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas...all at the same time!  It didn't really put me in the mood for any of the holidays!  Glad I have all my Christmas presents done and ready to go.

Judy posted some really good pics of her HP quilting.  I tried to talk her into quilting mine, but she didn't fall for it.  I just did my best at stitching in the ditch around the items, books, etc.  Then the same around the bookcase and shelves. My FMQ is really really bad, so I stayed with straight lines with my walking foot. I think Zsofia has posted pics of finished quilt, also. They are under the Media section. Maybe you can enlarge them enough to get some ideas.

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,975
Points 368,777
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 1:20 AM

Joy:
LOL! It's been a crazy few months!

Wow Joy,

that certainly describes it. Glad to see you back with us and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Can't wait to see your HP quilt. I haven't done much on mine (not much machine sewing for that matter).

Your vacation memory quilt sounds like fun. Hope you share with us when you get started.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 7:07 AM

Judy I can't hardly wait to start the Moonglow project, but I'm gald we are waiting until later . gives me a chance to finish some of my other stuff before we start. I still like your Seascapes and hope you will keep it up .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,826
Points 123,505

Joy:
On a HP note I only have to put the outside border on my quilt top and then it will be ready to quilt! I have no idea how to quilt this quilt. What has everyone else done?

It kind of depends on if you are going to be using the quilt. Will it be washed often or will it be a wall hanging?   I stippled closely in some blocks, echo quilted in others, and used quilting as smoke, a spider web or other accents in other blocks.  If I had it to do over again? I think I would have done less stippling in some blocks so the accents such as smoke and steam shows up more and maybe more echo quilting. Perhaps a couple more spiders and webs (I LOVE the big spider that Max did). Heavy stippling to create letters was fun and I think I would do more of those. Each block is unique so you can quilt each one according to the design.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,826
Points 123,505

Barbara:

Judy I can't hardly wait to start the Moonglow project, but I'm gald we are waiting until later . gives me a chance to finish some of my other stuff before we start. I still like your Seascapes and hope you will keep it up .. Barbara

I'm also looking forward to Moonglow and my goal is to make it without buying any more fabric.  I have two retreats next year so I have got to curb my fabric purchases. Seascapes is starting to grow on me which is dangerous as I tend to become consumed by a project.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:08 AM

Am I the only one seeing Ninettes posts in Spanish? 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,826
Points 123,505

Annie:

Am I the only one seeing Ninettes posts in Spanish? 

No, I do too. I use the Google translator. There may be easier ways, but I highlight the words, copy, then paste into the translator. I think someone said they have a translator button right on their email.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:29 AM

Judy, 

i was just looking over Moon glow instructions and I thought of you and your directional fabric problem. Have you thought of using the freezer paper method?  That way you can in a way "fussy cut" your pieces. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:30 AM

I can translate If anyone wants me to 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,826
Points 123,505

Annie:

Judy, 

i was just looking over Moon glow instructions and I thought of you and your directional fabric problem. Have you thought of using the freezer paper method?  That way you can in a way "fussy cut" your pieces. 

I'm not familiar with the freezer paper method. I'll check that out. Thanks Annie.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 3:14 PM

Yo no conozco el método de papel congelador. cual es la diferencia.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,975
Points 368,777
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:07 PM

Freezer paper can be used the same way regular paper is used for foundation piecing. The difference is that you need to score the lines to make them easier to fold and you do not sew through the paper.

You can also make templates with freezer paper (without the seam allowance) iron it to your fabric (if on the wrong side you need to reverse your pattern), cut the fabric with the seam allowance then sew next to the edge of the freezer.

There is a link for a freezer paper tutorial in "pages" under "interesting links".

Page 22 of 36 (533 items) «Prev2021222324Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use