rated by 0 users
This post has 532 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 9:37 PM

Annie:

I just love all your Harry Potter quilts   Does anyone know what the next project is going to be?  I would love to be part of the next one. 

Annie,

we're tossing ideas round but it looks like many of us will be making Moon Glow from Jinny Beyer. The pattern is free. We won't start until probably February 2013 since the Compass Collection is still going on and not all of us are done with Harry Potter.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Thank you, Sheila!

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 5:36 AM

Max,

Sorry I am behind here. Work has been kicking tail since I went back. 

Yours is a good size quilt. I don't think I could do a bookcase even close to yours. But so far my plans are for a dk brown shelving... with 1 dividing shelf per row....and I found a sm brick background. But I am still designing my golden egg (hopefully be done today.) and my last book block. Then the details on the blocks. So I really haven't been creative yet on the case. Once I get the center done, maybe it will hit me.

Deb

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 8:13 AM

Kris:
we're tossing ideas round but it looks like many of us will be making Moon Glow from Jinny Beyer. The pattern is free. We won't start until probably February 2013 s

Kris, Just checked ou the pattern, sooo pretty.  I definitely want to give it a try.

February is perfect.

Thanks

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 2:29 PM

I started a Holloween PP blog hop... The link is on the Fandom web site and this is the first sq, One block comes out a day and I think there will be 30 of them. Thought this one fit me... I'm a bit batty at times. haa haa...There is also a fall one going too.... So I'm saving the patterns for next year.

Deb

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

AWWW.....He's adorable!     Great job!

DH was looking over my shoulder the other evening when I was in the Fandom site. He saw they will be starting a Lord of the Rings project in January. I think its going to be called "All that Wander Are Not Lost".  He wanted to know if I planned on doing that project.  When I told him I didn't, he seemed very disappointed.  I did offer to let him use my stash if HE wanted to participate. From the look on his face I don't think that was the answer he wanted either! LOL!!!

Max

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 5:00 PM

oh Max that is to funny!!!  I debated on the Lord of the Rings too. We will see if I get caught up here.  But I would rather do the Hunger games.  ;) I'm only gonna do 4 blocks of the Holloween ones.. make it a mini wall quilt...just for a break.  

Took this today.. Thicket helping me. (He is getting his winter coat now and it is coming in beautiful.) His eyes are not really filmed. Its the camera shot.

I woke him up when I took this one. haa haa

MaxNTopeka:

AWWW.....He's adorable!     Great job!

DH was looking over my shoulder the other evening when I was in the Fandom site. He saw they will be starting a Lord of the Rings project in January. I think its going to be called "All that Wander Are Not Lost".  He wanted to know if I planned on doing that project.  When I told him I didn't, he seemed very disappointed.  I did offer to let him use my stash if HE wanted to participate. From the look on his face I don't think that was the answer he wanted either! LOL!!!

Max

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,917
Points 124,925

I got the sky fabric from Fabric.com (they are slooowww) for the Seascapes paper piecing project I may do. I tried it out on what I thought was going to be one of the simpler blocks. I made the dumb thing twice and am still not happy with it. The sky is good, typical Oregon coast stormy day. But I had trouble with the whale tale, then I had trouble with the water. 

Anyway, here it is. At this point, I'm really not sure I'll make the other blocks. I did color the pattern first but this was a simple one. Some of the others may be a nightmare that I may not want to tackle. Perhaps I'll feel differently after my blood pressure drops back to normal. LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:20 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
got the sky fabric from Fabric.com (they are slooowww) for the Seascapes paper piecing project I may do. I tried it out on what I thought was going to be one of the simpler blocks. I made the dumb thing twice and am still not happy with it. The sky is good, typical Oregon coast stormy day. But I had trouble with the whale tale, then I had trouble with the water. 

I like your sky fabric Judy. Great block. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:21 PM

Debbie (Dainty):
Took this today.. Thicket helping me. (He is getting his winter coat now and it is coming in beautiful.)

Cool cat. He really is beautiful.

Debbie (Dainty):
I started a Holloween PP blog hop... 

I like your bat block.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,917
Points 124,925

Debbie. This is so cute!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:30 AM

Judy I love your whale tail.  great choice of fabric.  The sky reminds of the beginning of sunset in San Diego.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:31 AM

Debbie, bat is adorable and kitty is gorgeous.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 10:24 AM

Debbie,

Thicket is beautiful!  Is he a Maine Coon?  It is so nice to have supervision while we work. Cats are the ultimate supervisors...watching every move you make, getting right in the middle of what you are working on, constantly getting in the way, silent reproachful stares, then falling asleep out of boredom!

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 10:53 AM

JUDY!!

You know you're up to the challenge. Don't you dare think about quitting after only one block!  At least wait until your eyes uncross.  You might try taking half a valium BEFORE you start...works for me.

All joking aside, the whale block is wonderful! The sky fabric is perfect. It will add so much life to the blocks...blue can be so boring sometimes.   From the pictures I've seen of Seascapes, it is not a beginners project...and you are NOT a beginner.  You've got lots of time to work on these blocks, and they will be so beautiful when you have them done. Once you get the rhythm of this designer's piecing style it will be easier for you. I promise!

Maybe give the Lighthouse a try. That sky will be wonderful with it!  And get the giant-size box of colored pencils.  You can do this!!

Max

Page 20 of 36 (533 items) «Prev1819202122Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use