General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 532 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730

Max, be sure to put Harry in your gallery. It deserves a front and center!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Thank you, Judy, Kris, and Barbara!  I appreciate the kind words. 

Judy--I finally got the pic in my gallery.  Just took a long time to get it posted in there tonight.   I plan on keeping HP at this point. I have a lot more work invested in him than I ever planned on! LOL!!  He got way too big for me to use as a lap quilt in the recliner, and I don't have big enough wall space to hang him, so he will probably be used on our bed for a while.  Right now I'm just so glad he's finished!

Max

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 6:53 AM

Me dejó sin palabras, esto es grandioso !  Que librero más hermoso, no se que más decirle 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 8,840
Jan replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 7:21 AM

Max,

This is absolutely gorgeous!! All the hard work you put into it definitely shows.

Jan in Rochester, NY

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 913
Points 17,110

Max. I agree with everyone's comments on your HP.  It is truly a work of art, especially the bookcase.  If you ever decide to give it to someone, I'm sure they will treasure it!  Beautiful work.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Gracias, Ninette!

Thank you, Jan and Patricia Faye! 

Max

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 16,285
Zsofia replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 4:45 PM

MaxNTopeka:

At long last, Harry Potter has been finished.  Thank goodness!

Max

Yay Max! This looks awesome! Great job on the bookcase!!

Zsofia

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Zsofia,

Thank you!  I really was fortunate to find "the perfect fabric" for the bookcase. It made all the difference in how it came out.

Max

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 6:20 AM

Max... ya know I love Harry! Posted a note on your picture/ blog. :)

Just a little info. I found a Halloween PP block of the day. Its kind of like a shop hop... but its a block hop. Its on Fandom. I am downloading the patterns for the future. Some cute ones there. :) May use up some of my Harry scraps.

Deb

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,078
Points 66,545
Robin replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 4:28 PM

Max,

I'm just now checking in and seeing your finished product.  That is outstanding.   I love the overall finish of the book shelf.

Robin

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Robin and Debbie,

Thank you!  I really enjoyed this project, and am happy with my quilt. But I'm not sure I would have ever finished it without all the encouragement from all of you. 

Hope we get to see some more HP quilts in the near future.  I know some of you are getting close.

Max

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 9:12 PM

Max.. You are very welcome.  what Is the total size of your quilt?

I am working on one of my blocks this weekend. Doing the golden Egg from the Tri wizard tornament. 

Deb

MaxNTopeka:

Robin and Debbie,

Thank you!  I really enjoyed this project, and am happy with my quilt. But I'm not sure I would have ever finished it without all the encouragement from all of you. 

Hope we get to see some more HP quilts in the near future.  I know some of you are getting close.

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Debbie,

It finished at 66 X 83.  I'll keep watch for your golden egg.  Do you have any plans for the bookcase?  Every picture I've seen of a completed HP has had a different case.   Also, as I was surfing some fabric websites the other night I ran into a bunch of Stonehenge fabrics. Some of the colors would have looked good as background for the bookcase. I keep watch for anything slate-like, but those have been the closest so far.  I'll keep watch.

Max

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 7:25 PM

I just love all your Harry Potter quilts   Does anyone know what the next project is going to be?  I would love to be part of the next one. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 7:46 PM

beautiful, Max!!

Page 19 of 36 (533 items) «Prev1718192021Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use