General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 530 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

I'll try this again. My first reply may have gotten lost in cyberland. Perhaps QCA is having problems again or it could be my flaky connection at this RV park.

OK.Today I stopped at a small quilt shop called Quilters Cove. (I've been hitting all the shops along the coast, poor George). And, surprise, surprise, they all feature lots of coastal patterns and fabrics.

I bought a wonderful book called Seascapes Foundation Pieced Shoreline Views by Cheryl Peck. Not everyone would be interested in this theme plus it would require purchase of the book at $25.00. But I loved the patterns and it is going to be my nexxt major project. It has lighthouses, clams, fish, bridges, lobster, shells, kites, seaweed etc etc. All paper pieced. I love it.

I'm afraid to put in a link to purchase of the book as it seems to kick me out. But if you're interested you can google the title and author and find it.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 9:16 PM

Judy,

thanks for the book recommendation. I love this theme. I might even find some blocks to go with my VB retreat blocks.

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 878
Points 16,330

Thanks for the information on the book.  I checked it out online & actually purchased the book.  I looked at the different blocks & projects and decided I would love to do some of them especially since it is paper piecing.  It ended up costing $28.45. Can hardly wait to get it.   

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Patricia Faye:

Thanks for the information on the book.  I checked it out online & actually purchased the book.  I looked at the different blocks & projects and decided I would love to do some of them especially since it is paper piecing.  It ended up costing $28.45. Can hardly wait to get it.   

Cool. I'm on vacation now but when I get home I'll figure what fabrics to use for background. 

I love the lobster and may start with that. I've been reading her instructions and she has some really good tips and suggestions. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 1:33 PM

Hi Kris - I love Jinny Beyer's work and she has some really neat free patterns. I'm planning on making the Moon GLow pattern. It's set up as a BOM project however I can't start on it till January. But check it out if there is enough interest it would be nice to see all the different fabric/color choices. Here is the link  http://www.jinnybeyer.com/promos/MoonGlow-rev .

Zsofia

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 2:11 PM

Zsofia,

I get Jinny's newsletter and have the Moonglow pattern as one I would like to make. It's not a paper piecing project though as Jinny is a hand piecer. Templates are provided with the pattern.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 2:13 PM

I spoke too soon. My PDF file has 86 pages. Some of the block centres are foundation pieced. It would be nice to do this as a group. I agree that we should wait until after the holidays when most of us will have more free time.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Kris, or anyone. Just for grins,  I'm playing with a paper piecing design in EQ7. I designed the block and colored it. Brought it into a quilt. But when I went to print it as foundation it won't print in the colors. Is there a way to do that? The reason I'm doing this is to help me with the Seascapes patterns which are only in grayscale. Some of them are very complex and I'm going to have trouble laying out the pieces. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 9:28 PM

Judy I have not been able to get it to print in colors either.  if you figure it out let me know to and I'll do the same. I can only get color print for the rotory  cutting.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 9:32 PM

Zsofia ,I love the moon glow  pattern, I hope to do it myslef someday. it is beaitufil  good luck .I love  Jenny Beyers  quilts .they are awesome.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 80
AuntieDawn replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 10:35 PM

I have just discovered this group and am so happy to have found it--I was wanting to learn to paper piece but wasn't sure if I could ever do it. I watched a couple of videos on You-Tube, tried a very simple small block, and once I "get the hang" of it I think I will really like it. Anyway, I'm happy to meet all of you.

Dawn

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965
MaxNTopeka replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 11:57 PM

Welcome, Dawn!   Hope you enjoy paper piecing as much as many others here have.  It is very very addictive!

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 12:02 AM

For those who have worked on, survived, endured, whatever...the Harry Potter Project of Doom:

take a look at Jennifer Ofenstein's quilt she entered in the Austin quilt show.  She shows it, with it's ribbons, on her Sept 14 post on her SewHooked.com website!  She said this was the first show she has shown it in.

(Jennifer is the designer of the blocks we used for HP)

Max

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 9:22 AM

I would love to see it in person. Been having so much fun with this quilt. She is an amazing designer.

Deb

MaxNTopeka:

For those who have worked on, survived, endured, whatever...the Harry Potter Project of Doom:

take a look at Jennifer Ofenstein's quilt she entered in the Austin quilt show.  She shows it, with it's ribbons, on her Sept 14 post on her SewHooked.com website!  She said this was the first show she has shown it in.

(Jennifer is the designer of the blocks we used for HP)

Max

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 9:26 AM

Nice to meet you Dawn and welcome. I am semi-new at quilting and trying to find my favorite tech by doing different designs... And I found that paper peicing is my very favorite. And I am addicted. lol

Hope you have as much fun with this as I have.

Deb

AuntieDawn:

I have just discovered this group and am so happy to have found it--I was wanting to learn to paper piece but wasn't sure if I could ever do it. I watched a couple of videos on You-Tube, tried a very simple small block, and once I "get the hang" of it I think I will really like it. Anyway, I'm happy to meet all of you.

Dawn

Page 15 of 36 (531 items) «Prev1314151617Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use