Introduce Yourself

rated by 0 users
This post has 250 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:14 AM

Hello new paper piecing friends! I love paper piecing and am looking forward to new avenues....several of you have mentioned Craftsy..... I signed up for Carol Doake's class....the first project I did was ? Mariner's compass, I believe? Twin quilt put together but not quilted...2nd project was Dream Weaver for a charity project...patriotic colors...it was posted on their site as I finished it! :).  It's been a few months since I've done any pp so am ready to learn again....hope I do better than signing up for this group...I see I've done it 3 times! Not computer smart, lacking in memory but certainly ready for some pp challenges!

Oh yea, I go by SoBuzy! As that I am ------ as I am sure all of you are as well! And although I am a farm girl, I now reside at Lake Ozark, a house NOT big enough for my quilting hobby!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:55 PM

Welcome SoBuzy. Glad to have you with us.

Check out "Pages" for project ideas, group projects and interesting links. We're in a bit of a lull with all the holiday activity but we will be starting Jinny Beyer's Moonglow next year. The pattern is available as a free download. A few of us (like me) may be finishing up Harry Potter Project of Doom. 

Please feel free to share your projects and ideas with us.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:12 AM

Understand as I am in that mode as well. Thanks for the suggestions...will try a few...not real good with pics but will try!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 3,655

Hi my name is Bobbie Joe, I live in Western Kentucky. I have never made a quilt and I want to. I also joined the Quilting Bee BOM. I would like to lears PP and make a quilt!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 4:48 PM

Welcome Bobbie Joe.

Feel free to look around and ask questions if there is something in particular you'll like to know.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi SoBuzy it is nice to meet you.

SoBuzy:
house NOT big enough for my quilting hobby!

Are they ever? LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Bobbie Joe, it is nice to meet you.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 3,655

Nice to meet you also, Spudgrandma!

I have to agree with you on always needed more room. I have way to many hobbies, way to many wip's & then there is the stashes. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 4:53 PM

Yo quiero que el mio sea strech, pero eso es imposible.  Si alguien encuentra el secreto por favor compartalo!  Ninette

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 12:27 AM

Nice to meet you Spudgrandma!  No, ma'am they are not! ...and mine just got smaller again today! Brought home a bit more material! But a girl just has to have what a girl needs (or wants!)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:35 AM

Estoy de acuerdo lo que necesita o QUIERE, eso es lo que te hace feliz.   Ninette

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 8,840
Jan replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:38 AM

Spudgrandma:
A
Are they ever? LOL

My house just got "smaller".  For 8 years I have kept my sewing in my sewing room. We had an electrical problem over the summer and my husband has not worked on it yet. Still I brought my machine down and took it up every day. Until Christmas.  The tree came down and so did my sewing machine, table and all.  I plopped it right in the middle of the living room.  Let's see if the electric gets fixed now! :)

Jan in Rochester NY

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 745
Lola B replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:10 AM

Good luck with that.  Husbands have a way of not noticing things, he probably doesn't even know you have moved your sewing there - unless of course it is in front of the television. lol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 8,840
Jan replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:20 AM

It is living between his computer and the TV. Lola.  And he helped bring it down.  I promptly went up and totally opened out my cut table so it takes up the space and he doesn't have any ideas that space will become his.

Jan in Rochester NY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

SoBuzy:
and mine just got smaller again today! Brought home a bit more material! But a girl just has to have what a girl needs (or wants!)

There you go, at least your space is being filled with useful things :)

Page 14 of 17 (251 items) «Prev1213141516Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use