rated by 0 users
This post has 250 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,635
Gail71 replied on Sat, May 5 2012 12:34 PM

Hi Loxsis,

I understand the icky stuff that your body is going thru.  Had carpal surgery several years ago.  It was a big help.  If you are looking for the book, it is still in print and should be available at your LQS.  If they don't want to order for you, you can get it on line.  Gail in NH

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Sat, May 5 2012 8:35 PM

Gracias Barbara, estoy feliz con ustedes....... Ninette

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Sat, May 5 2012 8:40 PM

Hola  claro que nos gustaría ver tus proyectos y que compartas es buena noticia.  Ninette

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,155
Points 15,865
Erin replied on Wed, May 23 2012 7:39 AM

Good morning everyone. I am new to the whole quilting world. I just keep reading and trying free patterns and practicing different things. The other day I decided to try making a hexagon flower, It took me two hours but I loved it.  I now have 12 of them and  I want to learn more! Oh and I can make one in about an hour now.   Looking forward to PP with you all.

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,839
Points 352,757
Kris replied on Wed, May 23 2012 3:47 PM

Welcome Erin. I'm looking forward to having you with us as well. Your hexagon flowers are very pretty. Well done.

If you look in our group's "Pages" you'll find links to interesting sites and some free patterns. We are working on a couple projects, you'll find them there as well.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,861
Points 61,290
Robin replied on Thu, May 24 2012 5:26 AM

Welcome Erin,

I've been making hexagon flowers for over two years to make a Grandma's Flower for my daughter.  I only work on it in the car so it's taking a while, but they are a lot of fun.  

Robin

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 610
Points 9,025
MaggieNae replied on Thu, May 24 2012 9:43 AM

Ok, so I've been around a while, in the Bargello group, in a FQ swap, in MQ6.  Now I'd like to incread my skill set.  I've not done any PP. in the past.  Haven't even done any patterns that weren't straight cutting and sewing (no curves).  I have an inspiration photo of a 360degree window that reminds me of a mariners compass I'd like to turn into a quilt.  I have no idea where to start.  So I'm here to see if I can learn a thing or two and get this project off the ground.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,839
Points 352,757
Kris replied on Thu, May 24 2012 10:37 AM

Welcome Maggie. Take a look at some of the past discussions and links. Ask questions and we'll get you paper piecing.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Fri, May 25 2012 7:03 PM

Siempre es bueno aprender y hacer cosas con las manos, que bueno que está aquí.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

Eso es correcto, Ninette. ¿Cómo podemos saber si nos gustaría hacer algo a menos que trate de hacerlo?

Max

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 70
Points 1,130
Dawn replied on Sat, May 26 2012 10:55 AM

Good morning everyone,

I am new to this group but love to paper piece.  I am working on the Dear Jane quilt and it is nothing but applique almost.  I have always loved doing hand work of any kind.  Can't wait to get new hints and tips from all of you.  Have a great long weekend.

Dawn

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 70
Points 1,130
Dawn replied on Sat, May 26 2012 11:03 AM

Well not enough coffee yet this morning.  I just noticed that I talked about applique in this reply and the Dear Jane quilt isn't mostly applique but is both paper piecing and applique.  What a goober I am.  Anyway I love both of these techniques and just want to increase my knowledge of paper piecing.

Dawn

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,839
Points 352,757
Kris replied on Sun, May 27 2012 9:06 AM

Welcome Dawn. I hope you enjoy being here with us. Are you working on any other paper piecing projects right now?

I'm working on "Dear Jane" as well. I hand pieced most of my blocks so far.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,155
Points 15,865
Erin replied on Mon, May 28 2012 1:10 PM

Hope you all are having a nice long weekend. It is 90 degrees here, I am stuffed and ready to pass out...lol

I have not tried to do anything other than the hex flowers yet. I'm reading up on everything I can and will jump in and try it soon.  I am still looking for something that is easy to do and easy to understand.  I guess the worse thing that can happen is I will waste a little fabric and some time!

Have a wonderful day... Erin

Piece, Love, Quilt

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,795
susandf replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:44 PM

Everyone is doing so many involved designs.  Impressive.  Those pieced Harry Potter designs are so intricate.

My boys (now men) prefer geometric, modern designs (but there was a time Harry Potter thrilled them to no end!).  So for them, paper piecing precision is being combined in a modern monochromatic interpretation of old quilting patterns.

I am quickly discovering that monochromatic greys and blacks encourage very precise piecing - but the lack of color interplay is challenging for me.  I really have to restrain myself from adding a bright red or orange!

For those who are new to Paper Piecing, or might want to try a very simple modern quilt, the tutorial for the first block can be found at The Destashification Project.  It is just a Square in a Square with a wide border.  I think there are only 8 seams in the block!  The remaining blocks, including the equally simple bordered block should be posted by week's end.

(Wow!  These photos really emphasize the lack of color!)

Page 11 of 17 (251 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use