This post has 250 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 7:37 PM

Sally Kalb:

Hi Dara Beth,

I know you will love paper piecing.  Once you get the hang of it, it becomes addictive.  It is the best way to get sharp points and perfect angles.  Have fun and keep practicing!

Sally

Sally, it looks like you are new here.  Welcome to the club!  I'm looking forward to sharing the fun with you.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Tue, Feb 28 2012 9:29 PM

Hi, I have only done basic paper piecing. Such as a simple heart block. I do have a book on it though and have printed patterns. My question is how do you choose to do your numbering especially if you have like a mariners star or some harder block pattern?

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 745
Lola B replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 6:10 AM

I have the book by Carol Doaks "50 Fabulous Stars", and she has the pattern numbered already.  All I have to do is decide what fabric and cut it to the size she suggests.  I have really enjoyed the process and am planning to make at least 20 or 30 of the stars for a bed-sized quilt. 

If the book you have doesn't have the numbering, perhaps you should look around for a better pattern for your project; it is difficult to know where to start with number 1 if you are not an experienced paper-piecer.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 400
Vickie replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 7:47 AM

Hi, Dara,

Looks like we found the same group. I'm glad you're giving paper piecing a try.

Vickie

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:40 AM

Vickie:

Hi, Dara,

Looks like we found the same group. I'm glad you're giving paper piecing a try.

Vickie

Hi Sis,

I've been here on QCA for a couple of months now.  I've been a member longer but only recently got around to jumping into the web site full force.  It looks like you've not been here long yourself.  Are you going to try one of the projects here?  I'm planning on doing both the North Star and Harry Potter projects.  I got my background fabric for Harry yesterday during lunch.  I'm not sure yet about the other one.

A couple of weeks ago I got started on the Craftsy BOM.  It is actually 2 blocks per month with each month being a different technique. I'm waiting for the March patterns. 

I think I saw somewhere that you can click on my name and do a friend request so we can talk privately. If you want.  Give my love to Scott, Michael & Eric.  Also congrats on the new grandbaby!!

Hugs

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,037
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 6:32 PM

Carey:

Hi, I have only done basic paper piecing. Such as a simple heart block. I do have a book on it though and have printed patterns. My question is how do you choose to do your numbering especially if you have like a mariners star or some harder block pattern?

Paper pieced patterns come with numbers. If you want to turn a regular pattern into a paper pieced one then you have to figure out the numbering yourself. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 295

Hi me and my mother are both makeing a harry potter quilt

we have 2 cats named oreo and scruffy last week we kept my sisters dog at my house and the cats were so mad that they hid all week. we dont think that they ate at all that week.

i am actually reading the harry potter series i am on the 5th book and i have seen every single movie

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,330
Robin replied on Thu, Mar 1 2012 8:07 PM

Welcome Cat lovers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,037
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 1 2012 9:31 PM

Welcome Cat Lovers.

Everyone,

the cat lovers are my co-worker and her daughter (who I believe is 11 or 12). I'm really happy they've decided to do this project with us.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Sat, Mar 3 2012 7:52 AM

yo también amo los gatos,  Bienvenida que bueno , yo he leido también la colección de HP y he visto las películas.  Ninette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Sat, Mar 3 2012 9:08 AM

Cat lovers glad to have you joining us . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 8:01 AM

Hi All,

I would love to join you in PPing.  I just found this group and still learning where to go to get all the info to get started.  If you can give me any pointers (no pun intended) I would love it.  I assume it's a PP at your own pace?  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 763
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 8:45 AM

Hi Annie and welcome to the PP group! All projects are located in the "pages" section, which is on the right side when you first click on PP group. There is also a ton of free blocks and PP links in that section. In the "media" section you can upload your currant projects. It is a great way to show everyone your work as you complete it.

We are currently doing a Harry Potter 2 Blocks a Month and/or a Compass BOM. But you can work at your own pace, faster or slower. I am all in doing both projects! After my first PP project I was addicted!

Kris is our mediator and she does a wonderful job keeping everything straight!

Joy

Mooresville, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 10:42 AM

Annie ,I m Gald you will be joning us ,you will love doing this ,I have become a junkie .. LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 10:59 AM

Joy and Barbara, Thanks for the warm welcome.  I think I'm going to start with the 26" MC I saw in the pages section.  I want to make a round table top and I think I can accomplish that with this block, like the proverbial saying, kill 2 birds with 1 stone.  PS I have always hated that saying, who want to kill any birds????

Page 8 of 17 (251 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use