Really pretty blocks.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,625
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 11:20 AM

thanks Nana, I look at everyone else' , and how theirs pop and wish mine did. But guess that wasn't what I was looking for. From the beginning I have wanted to put some rock material in it. the grey stones that I wanted was all gone but I found some other that is like smaller pebbles with greens and browns. I am thinking about calling it spring rains. But if I do that I cant use the dragonflies fabric that I wanted because everyone knows there are no dragonflies in the spring. well at least not up here. But will be checking out Fabric depot in p-town, so who knows what I will end up with and what it is called.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 305
IGOSEW replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 11:37 AM

Elaine - You're not a slacker ... I haven't even picked fabrics!  But I did say from the get go I am a virtual quilter on this ride ... DH is still facing health challenges after the bypass surgery ... has a stubborn infection in his legs they are having trouble getting rid of and diaphragm is still partially paralyzed but this group has helped me escape into the virtual world.

Tami - we have dragonflies down here in Fla. in springtime and sometimes even in fall so you will be right in season!

Can't wait to see everyone's completed quilt!

Peggy F

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,625
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 12:11 PM

Peggy I will think about it some more. we usually dont see them till late summer when there isnt any rain in site

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 1:06 PM

Tami Paul:

Okay it must be picture day, well at least I finally pulled mine out. Ready for next step of MQ. I only got 4 of my LUS blocks done but I am okay with that. I want to play with a lap quilt for DH while he is gone to work before I take off. but anyway here is my shots. Hoping to bring more out with the borders. Plan on giving to sissy for her b day on Nov 6th and has to be mailed to Boise, so I need to stay focused lol

Tami,   I LOVE your fabrics.  They feel very soothing and tranquil to me. 

I went shopping this past Saturday and bought my fabric for this mystery quilt.  I'm so far behind but I love half-square triangles so this is right up my alley....  LOL  I'm thinking that I can get my cutting done and then take this along with my MQ8 with me to retreat next month and hopefully get both of them done.  Probably not but that is the plan and I'm stickin' to it.  :-)

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,577
Points 26,395
Debbie replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 2:44 PM

I.  ade up 2 blocks, just to see how they looked...

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565

Debbie I love how your colors look your blocks look great will make a great fall quilt. The purple is just the right color with the 2 other fabrics you chose.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 366
Points 6,455
Helen replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 3:11 PM

Very pretty Tami.  Debbie yours is very pretty also.  After looking at all the beautiful fabric/color choices I plan on making these blocks for a few donation lap quilts (of course after I get these 4 projects done). 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 4:14 PM

Debbie

These are gorgeous.  I love the leaf fabric and the purple is just right.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,120
Jo replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 9:17 PM

I love the colors of your blocks.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,120
Jo replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 9:23 PM

Debbie, your blocks are beautiful.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 11:56 PM

Everyone's pictures are beautiful. I have mine sewn, but not ironed yet. Too much baby sitting the DGS's this week. Will try to post soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 1:02 AM

Mimi:

Jan, I can hear the carols playing in the background and the soft snow (sorry Kris) falling all around.  Great job....love your colors.

LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 1:03 AM

Bonita:
Kris, great looking blocks. I have used 2 different fabrics with the same colors too, You use what you have.

Thanks Bonita.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 9:29 AM

After seeing everyone's beautiful blocks I just had to put two together. I was pleasently surprised and although I like more color this might not turn out too bad. If I had to do this one again, I would not not use the grid pattern for the background.

So I don't get bored doing repetitive squaring/trimming, I did not do all of the cutting bkgd/#2 all at once. Did the sewing and used the tube to cut. Did about half. Did some squaring/trimming; some step 3's; back to cutting; now some step 4's; squaring/trimming step 2's,  etc, etc. Hopefully get it all done before the reveal!!

Vacherie, Louisiana

• Post Points: 65
Page 9 of 13 (186 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use