Step 4 questions and discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 185 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 6:26 PM

Wow lovely blocks Kris. I haven't been able to follow this mystery quilt as much as I wanted to.  So I cheated and looked here. I love what I see. I will definitively have to do this one!

Angèle  from NWO

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

Valerie:

OK I caved in. I had to put a block together even though I only just started sep 3.

OMG Valerie! STUNNING!  I'm such a sucker for paisley! These colors are awesome together!

Karyn

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 7:44 PM

Thanks Angele.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 615
Valerie replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 8:17 PM

Tami Paul:

I agree 3 weeks seems a long time, specially for those over achievers (lol) that get done on time. I think if I had that long I would probably still procrastinate and be rushing in the end. I remember I think #7, was 2 weeks and was always jones for a few days to get the new step. so all depends. And sometimes the step coming out before your ready helps some people to get the pic a little better. When putting small pieces together sometimes takes a while but then when you start turning them into bigger blocks goes quickly. But where ever I am I don't find the mystery ruined. I think most of the work is getting colors picked before you know what it is going to look like. so once you start cutting and cant be changing your mind. doesnt much mater to me where I am at when the big reveal is posted.

And yes thank you Nana for all you do!, looks like it is going to be another nice one you have created

This made me laugh because it is me to a tea. The ONLY reason I'm so far behind is because I am a habitual procrastinator. 2 weeks... 3 weeks... it doesn't matter. I am destined to be scrambling in the end. I really should be sewing right now but alas, wine and rotary cutters don't mix... :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 8:35 PM

Thanks for all the comments and especially thanks for all the nice comments about my creation and the handling of the group.  I don't think it would be very conducive to the mysteries we do to give that much time between steps.  Unless it is a particularly time consuming step we will still keep to every week.   Everyone's blocks are looking so good so far.  I can hardly wait to see those quilt tops.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565

Well I am a little over  half way done with step #3 worked on other things instead of this I will get caught up this weekend.  Anyways I put 4 blocks together to see what step 4 of mine would look like and this is what I got. Not exactly my colors but it was in my stash and I still love the design. Thanks Nana for being so patient and creative to design this MQ for us :)

• Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

Christine:

Well I am a little over  half way done with step #3 worked on other things instead of this I will get caught up this weekend.  Anyways I put 4 blocks together to see what step 4 of mine would look like and this is what I got. Not exactly my colors but it was in my stash and I still love the design. Thanks Nana for being so patient and creative to design this MQ's for us :)

I love your colors! I'm an earth tone lover LOL! BEAUTIFUL!

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:08 PM

I think it looks great!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:14 PM

Christine I love your blocks and your fabrics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,274
Points 26,970

Angele:
I haven't been able to follow this mystery quilt as much as I wanted to.  So I cheated and looked here.

I did it, I did it!!  Shame on me - - - I am far from ready for step 4, but I just HAD to look.  My 3 days off were a disaster - - - Could hardly hold my head up.  Getting in the middle of a patch of giant ragweed didn't help!!  I felt better yesterday and today, but had to play rolling secretary again yesterday and we got groceries on the way home.  By then it was 5:00 PM.  Time to get supper then collapse in my chair with my lapboard and iron.  Got half of the fat quarters for the Loyal Union Soldier Sampler ironed, but didn't have enough energy to get to the machine and sew.  Today was another many miles on the truck with a full load of wiggling feeder calves and one cow.  I at least finished binding one quilt.  Have another shorter trip tomorrow, but I should have a little of the day left to sew.  The tubes for the biggest batch of HTSs are still waiting on the machine with just one side sewn - just as I left them Sunday night.  Now it is FRIDAY.  If life doesn't mess me up again, I will finish the HSTs Sunday and get some block parts sewn together.  I had enough to lay out the Step 3 blocks but wanted to sew them together before pictures.  Guess I should have taken the pictures when I first laid them out!!!  

Thanks to my peeking, I have seen some beautiful quilts in progress here.  Hope to finally add mine soon.

Marsha - Western New York

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 615
Valerie replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:39 PM

Christine - I LOVE your colors! 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 895
Peggy replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 11:22 PM

No shame on you for looking ahead, I find it gives me incentive and motivation.  But you did mention your "lapboard", now that is something I've not seen or even heard of.  If you get a chance would you take a photo of that, I would like to find a way to 'make' one for myself.. sounds wonderful.  I have a 'small table top board' that my husband made for me and one for my quilting partner, Sandy and I love that cause I don't have to get up to the big board all the time.  But a "lapboard' sounds very interesting.  Good luck on getting caught up this weekend.. Thank You.... Peggy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 2,940
Sheila replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 12:20 AM

Okay, so I went all maverick and am finishing up a sort of MQ9 top....one of my MQ9's was a few chunks short on Fabric #1, so I knew I had to come up with a miracle rescue.  I built the step 3's as many as I could, and then designed my own 12" blocks, created a layout that works and sewed it all up.  I will not post pics of this yet because it might get confused with the real plan that Nana has!

Now, my other 2 MQ9's...they WILL be built according to plan!  Off to the machine now to assemble them.....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 12:26 AM

Christine:
Anyways I put 4 blocks together to see what step 4 of mine would look like and this is what I got.

I love it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 8:27 AM

WOW! WOW!  Great job, Valerie, Kris and I'm sorry, I can't think of the last person's name.  Need to get off these drugs really help ease the pain but keep me befuddled all the time.  I'm loving the color choices, cant wait till I can get back to work on mine but that will be a few more weeks.  trying to restrain myself, which body pain helps, no way can I sit more than 15 min on laptop at the table - definitely not at the sewing machine.  

went back and looked - it's Christine  - yellow/green and brown plus Valerie's blue and green.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 3 of 13 (186 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use