rated by 0 users
This post has 134 Replies | 44 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 10:49 PM

Debbie

These fabrics are gorgeous.  I love the floral piece.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Went to Jo-Ann Fabrics yesterday and found my 3 fabrics with the help of my daughter - I am not good at picking!!!! I don't know how to upload a picture here and the pictures I took with my cell phone had the colors all wrong anyway. All I know is that the colors please me and since it is my quilt - that's all that matters - right?

Excited to see next step tomorrow! Have not started cutting yet because I have a few more days before I finish my king-sized bedspread and I promised myself I could not start mystery quilt until other was completed.

Linda Gless

Hartford, WI

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,480
Points 24,685
Debbie replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 11:21 PM

Left out best part, the fabric for the backg

round was on sale, 40% off.  still spent $85 for just those three pieces.  This is not a cheap addiction!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,073
Points 16,460
weezee56 replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 11:36 PM

Debbie your fabric looks great, this is what I came up with.

Can see the yellow flowers in the white? I decided if my SIL didn't like it, I'll keep it for myself.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

Debbie:

actually, the bottom one with the leaves is going to be my background, I'm reversing mine.  and it is more brown with purple.  the blue is also purple not blue. why does prple never show up as purple?

Very curious to see how this comes out as I had debated on the same thing! I'm thinking you will get a "floating" effect with the solids on top and the print underneath.... Can't wait! I'll be posting my final choices as soon as I can escape the kids and get a pic of the fabrics!

Karyn

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 9:02 PM

I really want to make this one but am committed to complete a few things before I get started. So I'll be late but will keep looking at the wonderful quilts each of you will make. My time is short with all that I want done by Christmas.

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 85
Amy replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 5:57 PM

Like those colors!!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40

Will you have a PDF for step one?  I can keep all of the files together that way and not have to print a hard copy.  I haven't started yet and always have to go to the website to get the fabric and cutting instructions.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 11:19 AM

I tried to get them to make a pdf of the first step and was told that it was already there.   However none of us has been able to find one.   I will try again.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 290

Hi nana,

I am starting later than planned, but that gives me the advantage of reviewing the comments to clarify or correct original instructions.  I have read quite a few of the posts for step 1 and have a question, not about cutting:).  When you say 1 bkg and 2 complimentary colors,  I thought color wheel.  I understand that complimentary colors are opposite each other on the color wheel, but in looking at yours and others fabric choices, I see many using choices more analogous (side by side on the color wheel).  Which was your original intent?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 1:29 PM

insulated quilter

I don't usually use the color wheel.  My terminology was just meant to use fabrics that looked good together and that you enjoy.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 170
Points 4,845

Yeah, finally got started!  I have a lot of time to make up for.  Hope to be able to get step 2 done today or tomorrow.

Martha, Parker, CO

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 305
IGOSEW replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 11:33 AM

Good for you Martha.  Can't wait to see your progress!

Peggy F

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,285
MizPat replied on Thu, May 22 2014 4:07 PM

Nana:

I tried to get them to make a pdf of the first step and was told that it was already there.   However none of us has been able to find one.   I will try again.

I discovered I somehow missed this MQ. I looked but couldn't find the pdf for this step. Is there one somewhere?

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Thu, May 22 2014 4:51 PM

MizPat

MizPat:

Nana:

I discovered I somehow missed this MQ. I looked but couldn't find the pdf for this step. Is there one somewhere?

I don't think there was a PDF file.  I have a Word file that I copied and pasted Step 1 to.  I would be happy to email to you.  I tried to copy and paste but it didn't work.  Send me a private message with your email if you are interested.

Page 9 of 9 (135 items) «Prev56789
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use