General Discussion and Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 299 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

For anyone who wants to go through their fabric and get rid of the pieces that are over 2 years old... I think it's a great idea and I will send you my address!!!

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 2,940
Sheila replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 10:32 AM

Carolyn (CarolBeau):

For anyone who wants to go through their fabric and get rid of the pieces that are over 2 years old... I think it's a great idea and I will send you my address!!!

I was thinking the same thing!  I have oodles of old fabrics that would love the company of other geezer fabrics....they can all live happily in my Senile Stash Manor!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 11:34 AM

I have lots of fabric older than 2 years old, and it still makes wonderful quilts.

Read about this fabric that sat for almost 10 years, it made a great quilt. 

http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2012/12/jackies-caribbean-vacation/

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,620
Points 119,575

Amazing quilt Jacy. As always!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 12:00 PM

Jacy

Another amazing quilt.  I really love your variation and the fabrics were just perfect.   You rock.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 12:57 PM

Tami Paul:

saw this on fb this morning. so pretty.

That is a gorgeous quilt!  It must have been a quilt that was donated to the Ovarian Cancer Quilt Project quilt auction.  I donated my MQ6 (Bittersweet) quilt to this same place, and it will go in their Autumn 2013 auction.  What a great cause, as are all such causes!

I actually just lost a childhood friend to ovarian cancer yesterday, and another friend a few months ago to the same thing.  Cancer is such a terrible thing...

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 3:11 PM

Thank you Gina to contributing to a great cause.  I lost my grandmother when I was a child to Ovarian cancer and then in June I lost an aunt to Ovarian cancer she was a daughter to the grandmother who died from the same thing.  Ovarian cancer gene runs on that side of my family one of my aunts from that same side has tested positive for that gene and has had surgery to remove her ovaries she had a hysterectomy years ago but they did not remove them then.  I am  wanting to make a quilt to donate in my grandmother and aunt names to help raise money to help find a cure.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 3:56 PM

Christine:

Thank you Gina to contributing to a great cause.  I lost my grandmother when I was a child to Ovarian cancer and then in June I lost an aunt to Ovarian cancer she was a daughter to the grandmother who died from the same thing.  Ovarian cancer gene runs on that side of my family one of my aunts from that same side has tested positive for that gene and has had surgery to remove her ovaries she had a hysterectomy years ago but they did not remove them then.  I am  wanting to make a quilt to donate in my grandmother and aunt names to help raise money to help find a cure.

You're welcome, Christine.  I always feel good about donating many of my quilts.  I will definitely donate another one to this cause in the future.  I hadn't realized before how many people's lives are touched by this horrid illness.  And I am truly sorry for the loss of your grandmother and your aunt...even though it's been awhile, you never do get over the loss of a loved one!  That would be fantastic if you were to donate a quilt to this cause in their names!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,738
Points 66,700
Bonita replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 4:50 PM

Jacy, another outstanding quilt. I love how you plan it out as you go .

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Jacy:

I have lots of fabric older than 2 years old, and it still makes wonderful quilts.

Read about this fabric that sat for almost 10 years, it made a great quilt. 

http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2012/12/jackies-caribbean-vacation/

Jacy, thanks for sharing. That was so cool to see how you worked it all out. Beautiful!

MN Deb

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 5:40 PM

Beautiful quilt jacy,  it's fun to hear anothercperson's design process.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Kathy:

OMG Maggie, if I got rid of everything over 2 years old, I wouldn't have much.  However, I have been cleaning out and did just get rid of a piece of wool that was left from when I made my boys matching suits.  Of course, that was 47 years ago!

Kathy, I about peed my pants I was laughing so hard. 47 years is a long time. It might be a record. LOL. I'm not going to worry about fabrics that are ONLY 7 years old. But I think I still have some fabrics from when my kids were growing up and the oldest is going to be 35 in November. Hahaha. Just think, if I hang on to them another 12 years .....  😉

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Debbie:

Got started on sewing HSTs and looking good.  these are bold for me so excited to see finished quilt.

Debbie, those are gorgeous!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Carolyn (CarolBeau):

I knew this would come up. I can't believe Nana and Gini didn't beat you to it!  I have a small fortune in fabric. I cleaned house when I got a divorce in 1999 and don't ever plan on  doing that again. Parting with the fabric was harder than parting with the husband. LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 9:17 PM

Love your fabrics.  I'm still sewing mine.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 11 of 20 (300 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use