Completion and Voting

rated by 0 users
This post has 77 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 9:41 PM

Sheila, variations are fine.   Mystery Quilt #1 winner did a variation, adding sashing, and it is wonderful.  So do put it in media so we can vote on it.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 6:29 PM

Sheila your outside of the box quilt is beautiful!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Sheila - I like yours better! You should enter it for  voting.

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 9:34 PM

I finished my MQ9 today, finally!  I'll have  to take it out to the Quilt Annex  to have a big enough space to take a photo!  I do like how this pattern turned out, too.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 200
Points 3,580

Nana:

Please have pictures of the completed tops posted in the media section of the group by Nov 1st to be included in voting.  I am loving all the tops I have seen so far.  I will be deleting pics in the media section of fabrics and works in progress over the next few days.  This will make it easier to find all the completed tops.  The tops do not have to be quilted.

Nana, Is there any possibility of extending this through the weekend? Maybe have them posted before 6 AM on Monday (hee hee, I MAY be planning a late night finish on Sunday LOL!)

Figured it couldn't hurt to ask....I'm going to push and see if I can finish it tonight after the kids go to bed, but that's doubtful, and tomorrow is Halloween, so I'm sure that will be a late night :D Happy Chocolate Day to all!

Karyn

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 10:12 PM

Here is the photo of my MQ9 top.

Looks like it could be a Quilt of Valor, in these colors.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 7:55 AM

A very pretty patriotic quilt top Carol!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 577
Points 10,230
Tami Paul replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 11:53 AM

Love everyone’s quilts. So many colors and is going to be hard to pick a fav. I am hoping to still get mine done. I have had it on the machine for quilting since last Saturday.  Then I seemed to have gotten the flu. Just shy of the two weeks, since I got the shot. I have been hanging out on the sofa since. But starting to feel a little better. Even though I have enjoyed (to some degree) hanging out on the sofa, and having DH cooking dinner. He is afraid that I might get to use to it, but I told him that I thought it was about time I got to be the one on the sofa while dinner was cooking. Ha ha. So, this deadline is it by 9pm (PST) today or tomorrow. Thanks .

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,280
Yuriko replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 12:37 PM

Nana,

Not sure if I'll have the border done by 1 Nov (tomorrow!).  But I wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed the Mystery Quilt and I loved the pattern you made.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Lily

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 12:49 PM

Well, I won't make the November 1st deadline to be considered for the voting!  I have all my fabric cut, but nothing sewn together yet.  I am so far behind...ugh!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 2:12 PM

Finally!!! Got it done, though not quilted :-)  Thanks Nana for giving us deadlines, I couldn't have done it otherwise.  Deadlines give me an extra push cause I'm a procrastinator.  Love the pattern and loved making the quilt. With borders it finished at 92 X 104. Moved furniture out of the way in the den and lay the quilt on the floor. Brought in my seven foot ladder and climbed almost to the top for the picture (I'm 5'9")

Even if the time were extended over the weekend, I probably would have finished it today. My weekend is full. Loved all the different quilts from everyone.

You cannot see the navy from the whole picture, but can see colors better in the closeup of the corner.

Till next time all.

Vacherie, Louisiana

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,088
Points 16,685
weezee56 replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 3:59 PM

Nana how do we vote?

Do we vote on Nov 2nd?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Linda - Your quilt is just beautiful!!! I love it!

Finally got mine done and actualy figured out how to post pictures!! It's not nearly as pretty as yours - but I am happy to have figured out how to post pictures anyway. Headed downstairs now to sandwich it up and get it quilted - got to be out of my work space by Monday - on to another quilt! :)

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 4:34 PM

It is just beautiful!  How are you going to quilt it?  Do you have a long arm?  I have a Janome and I don't have any idea how I will get it quilted on that small of a throat space!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 615
Valerie replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 6:57 PM

Nana, I finished my quilt top and posted it in the media section. I just wanted to say thank you and let you know how much fun I had doing this. I have only been quilting for 5 months and I have learned so much from everyone and had fun doing it! I am anxiously awaiting mystery quilt #10!

Valerie

Page 2 of 6 (78 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use