Completion and Voting

rated by 0 users
This post has 77 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana Posted: Tue, Oct 22 2013 5:26 PM

Please have pictures of the completed tops posted in the media section of the group by Nov 1st to be included in voting.  I am loving all the tops I have seen so far.  I will be deleting pics in the media section of fabrics and works in progress over the next few days.  This will make it easier to find all the completed tops.  The tops do not have to be quilted.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 185
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 5:54 PM

THANK YOU NANA!  This will give me time to get my borders sewn on.  This MQ has been awesome!!

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 7:38 PM

Thank you Nana!  Been in hospital but now have a chance to get my borders on.  I just love all the quilts!

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 7:38 PM

Thank you Nana!  Been in hospital but now have a chance to get my borders on.  I just love all the quilts!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 715
Laura G replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 8:13 PM

Thank you Nana for the great mystery quilt!  My quilt is entered in the media section.  Enjoyed it very much and even my husband likes the pattern :).  Kudos to you for that!  LauraG

Laura G

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:37 AM

Thank you, Thank you, Nana!  I know I can be done by next week.  Only have 15 blocks to finish but unsure what I am going to do. debating on just making it 4 x 5 and reversible.  It will be a smaller quilt, more lap size.  or maybe 2 quilts, one 5 x 5 and another smaller.  just undecided, I have a few options running around in my mind.  won't know till blocks are all done and I start sewing blocks into rows and rows together.  I ended up with extras of each piece cut so have options.    

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,705

Darn!  I have my MQ9 on the longarm frame with about half of it quilted. Worked on it till around 1030 last night. When I started the quilt machine software up this morning, it started doing weird things. So I called the store owner/service guy where I bought the machine and he couldn't figure out the problem. He advised me to call the manufacturer. Talked with their extremely helpful technician who advised me to remove a part from the controller and send it to them for repair. That means that I won't have my longarm repaired until after the voting is done. :(   I so wanted to have it all quilted and even have the binding on it. 

I don't expect to win the voting but it would have been nice to have it done. So does everyone think I should remove it from the longarm frame and take a picture of it half done, or just wait till it's all completed, then add it to Media?  What would you all do if you knew you wouldn't win the voting anyway?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 2,940
Sheila replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:50 PM

Carol,

How about unrolling just the part on the take-up rail of your machine, extend it out as best as you can and then take a picture of it?  Might be cool to have a photo of a quilt half-way through the "birthing process"!  We would be able to see at least one corner and be able to get an idea of the border treatment, and the colors and the quilting.

I absolutely hate taking a partially done quilt off the frame; it just never seems to go back on as nicely as it first did!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,705

Sheila:

Carol,

How about unrolling just the part on the take-up rail of your machine, extend it out as best as you can and then take a picture of it?  Might be cool to have a photo of a quilt half-way through the "birthing process"!  We would be able to see at least one corner and be able to get an idea of the border treatment, and the colors and the quilting.

I absolutely hate taking a partially done quilt off the frame; it just never seems to go back on as nicely as it first did!

Thanks, Sheila, that's what I did. The photos aren't as nice as they'd be with the whole quilt but it is what it is!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 12:55 AM

I just might be able to get mine done now that I know I don't have to have it quilted.  Thank you for everything Nana!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

I'm traveling to see grand kids this weekend so there is no way I can have my border on but I am loving all the MQ9 pics!  Kudos to all who got their blocks together. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 2,940
Sheila replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 6:51 PM

Okay, here is my Frankenstein MQ9!  I followed the pattern Through Step 3, then sort of veered off in the layout plan.  I am posting it here but not in Media; I don't think this qualifies in the voting process.  Just thought y'all might like to see a "slight" variation.

I have posted my other two MQ9's in Media because they do happen to be legitimate!

• Post Points: 125
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 7:59 PM

Very nice!  Love your color combination!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 8:10 PM

Shelia I really like this one too.  The colors are great!!  Looks like kitty is waiting till you finish taking the picture before he pounces on it : - )

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 8:53 PM

Sheila very pretty quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 6 (78 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use