Step 5 questions and discussions

rated by 0 users
This post has 201 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,980
Helen replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 3:37 PM

txsueh your quilt is so pretty!  I love the soft colors!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Points 3,075
QDancer replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 9:38 PM

Thanks, Marsha, and everyone. I can't wait to get it done. All the quilts are simply gorgeous. And so varied in the fabric and color choices. Thats what makes these Mystery Quilts SO much fun!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 1:08 PM

Nice quilts, everyone.  I also ended up with 2 tops.  decided to give the 2nd one to my boss as a retirement gift.  It's perfect for lap size and she's a petite lady.  just added the extra squares I had as a border so ended up being 48x64.  but ended up using another purple as a border but I like it and hope she will, too!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,980
Helen replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 1:15 PM

Your boss will be so pleased with the quilt Debbie!

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 840
txsueh replied on Wed, Nov 13 2013 12:10 PM

Helen:

txsueh your quilt is so pretty!  I love the soft colors!

Thanks, Helen.  I really like how it turned out.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,535
Brenda replied on Tue, Dec 10 2013 9:25 PM

I am way behind am going to finish this quilt.  I am having so much fun.  With a wedding to put on. I got behind but I am back on track now sewing everyday.

Everyone have a great day.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,535
Brenda replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 12:11 AM

Mystery Quilt #9–Tranquility

I am slow and steady and keep on moving I am moving thru it.  I am going to finish it no matter what.  After my daughter's wedding it had to be put on the back burner and now it is top on the pile.  I only have three more rows to sew they are half pinned and ready to go.  I still need to decide on boarders and backing.  Will post when everything is done.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,980
Helen replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 8:05 AM

Brenda Jarrett:

Mystery Quilt #9–Tranquility

I am slow and steady and keep on moving I am moving thru it.  I am going to finish it no matter what.  After my daughter's wedding it had to be put on the back burner and now it is top on the pile.  I only have three more rows to sew they are half pinned and ready to go.  I still need to decide on boarders and backing.  Will post when everything is done.

Looking forward to seeing your quilt when it is done Brenda! 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 152
Points 4,455

Sad you weren't able to finish in time for the voting, but I hope the wedding was wonderful.  We will keep watching for your finished quilt.

Martha

Parker, CO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,535
Brenda replied on Tue, Dec 17 2013 11:49 AM

I am still a newer quilter so no voting for this girl, LOL.  We had a great Wedding, many laughs with great family and friends.  And of course I cried soon as I put my veil on her.  She did not wear my dress just the veil.

Thanks

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45

Hi Nana,

I amjust beginning my Mystery Quilt 9. I've cut all my fabrics into the squares. When I go to Step 2 I am confused. Is there fabric missing for #1, and the background? I am having a serious brain cramp, and I don't comprehend this. Can you explain it better?

I hope you can help me.

Paula

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45

Hi Debbie,

Can you explain to me why it looks like there is not enough fabric of the background to complete the Color #2. I must behaving a brain cramp as I just can not figure this one out. Would you please help me? I have all my fabrics cut, but Step 2 is making no sence at all to me.

Thank-You,  Paula

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 152
Points 4,455

Paula, there was an error in some of the instructions.  They were cleared up in the discussions, I will see if I can find the corrections and get back to you.

Martha

Parker, CO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 152
Points 4,455

Debbie, I found the instructions . You need to have 168 background 3 7/8" squares and combine with 168 3 7/8" fabric 1 squares to make 336 3 1/2" HSTs. 42 3 7/8" background squares to combine with 42 fabric 2. 42 fabric 1  to combine with fabric 2 (84 hst). HSTs finish to 3 1/2" squares. Hope this helps.

Martha

Parker, CO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,535
Brenda replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 5:39 PM

Finally I have finished the top of my Mystery Quilt #9.  I still need to quilt it.  I know better late than never.  I loved the mystery and have enjoyed this site.  I will be staying.  Here is a couple of pictures.

• Post Points: 50
Page 13 of 14 (202 items) «Prev1011121314Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use