rated by 0 users
This post has 202 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 173,008
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 9:12 AM

Pat Lancaster:
It's a little bright to be called Tranquility so I'm calling it Hearts Full of Love.

Pat I love the quilt and the name, some child will love it to death.  What child doesn't like bright colors?  Good job!

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Wow - I am going to do the free trial of Quilt Pro 6. It looks like it will do everything I would want it to do and the price is better than EQ7 also. Reviews on EQ7 say it can be hard to learn because they have their own command language. Many thanks, Jen!

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Pat - your child quilt is absolutely beautiful!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 996
Points 15,115
weezee56 replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 1:20 PM

Linda how did you get a free trial?

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 6,630
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 3:40 PM

weezee56, just go to the Quilt Pro website and you can download a demo of Quilt Pro 6 and use it for 30 days with full functionality.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,397
Points 23,280
Debbie replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 5:13 PM

well, I have 22 blocks finished but for some reason I only cut enough for 43 blocks so guess I'll make a pillow out of the leftovers.  I requested on Interlibrary loan the DVD of Here Comes the Brides, a way old TV series some of you may remember - starred Bobby Sherman and David Soul.  It takes place in Seattle WA back in the late 1800- early 1900s when a logging company sailed to New Bedford, MA and brought back 100 eligible young women to be brides. anyone remember it?  

So I pop in a DVD and watch as I sew.  I can get 4 blocks done in an episode - and I skipped steps 3 & 4, so that's taking each HSTs or 3.5 square and sewing them in step 3 & 4 & 5.  just can't sit very long in my sewing chair, so I'm up pressing, squaring up and matching pieces together.  I've done 19 blocks in the last three days so not bad for someone recovering from back surgery.  I'll have my top all done by next Friday for sure.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 6:19 PM

Debbie you are doing great and your recovery sounds like it is coming along nicely! 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

When you go to the website you have to give a credit card to get the free trial. If you have not returned it or cancelled after 30 days it is non-refundable. I have been playing with it since last night - still trying to figure a bunch of things out - but it looks like a great tool. I did order the hard copy of the cd and directions.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 6,630
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 7:14 AM

Linda Gless:

When you go to the website you have to give a credit card to get the free trial. If you have not returned it or cancelled after 30 days it is non-refundable. I have been playing with it since last night - still trying to figure a bunch of things out - but it looks like a great tool. I did order the hard copy of the cd and directions.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, I will send you a friend request so you can PM me if you do.

newport, tennessee

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 170
Points 4,845

Debbie, Here Comes the Brides was one of my favorite shows at the time (am I dating myself?) Glad to hear you are able to sew some. It sounds like you are coming along.

I made 40 squares and had a lap quilt that was 4 squares by 5 squares.  I think it will be just the right size to snuggle under while watching TV.  Now, to see if my library has Here Comes the Brides, you made me want to see it again. :)

Martha, Parker, CO

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 840
txsueh replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 4:19 PM

Well, life got in the way and I still haven't gotten the HSTs sewn together!  I hope to get back to this soon.  Actually, I'll probably take it with me when I go to Houston for the Houston International Quilt Festival.  I have a friend who lives just below Houston and every year I go stay with her for the quilt show and some much needed, much missed gal pal time.  We have our own little mini retreat upstairs in her sewing studio.  I'm sure I can get this quilt put together then if not before.  And maybe get it quilted using her big ol' longarm that she lets me use while I'm there.

All the posted photos of tops are so great!  Love the various color combinations.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,631
Points 36,945
ls2116 replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 7:18 PM

I got the top all assembled.  Now I'm working on a pieced border.  Just not sure if that weakens a quilts durability with it being pieced..

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 710
Laura G replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 10:09 PM

I agree with Sherrie - it looks beautiful with the pieced borders!

Laura G

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 1,120
bootz864 replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 9:09 AM

Added a pieced border, the binding will be blue so do you think that will finish it or should I add one more strip of blue to the outside? what do you all think?

• Post Points: 125
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 6,630
tnmtgrl replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 10:49 AM

bootz864:

Added a pieced border, the binding will be blue so do you think that will finish it or should I add one more strip of blue to the outside? what do you all think?

I think it's absolutely beautiful....your border is awesome...the colors are perfect...the blue binding will make it pop

newport, tennessee

Page 7 of 14 (203 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use