Step 5 questions and discussions

rated by 0 users
This post has 201 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

These are so cool. I'm bringing up the rear like usual. I better get off this thing and get started on all my projects!

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 10:55 AM

I love all the quilt tops being shown!  I can't wait to get mine done!  Was surprised to see how large they are, even without borders!  Also gives one great ideas for future quilts!  Thank you, Nana, for a beautiful mystery quilt!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 11:02 AM

Pat.... Love the yellow as the background color, love the bright colors what a fun looking quilt top good luck at the LQS.  

Not sure about borders may just leave as is hubby said no new fabric :(  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 2,940
Sheila replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 12:18 PM

Linda:

Christine, Pat

Love your quilts. I'll try and get mine done, but don't know if I can.

Do we need to have it quilted and with binding for the voting, or the finished top with borders?

Linda, we usually just take photos of the finished quilt top for voting....if you have the quilt done, quilted, and bound, then you are an over-achiever and we will have you PIN BASTED!!!!!   Just kidding,,,,maybe....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,398
Points 45,125

I found a good blue at the LQS so hope to get the borders on this afternoon. I just did yard work so have to jump in the shower first. I am a widow so I can buy whatever I want if I can figure out how to pay for it, LOL. And as soon as I am cleaned up I can sew all afternoon and don't have to cook for anyone. It does get lonely at times so I have to look for advantages. If I could have a good husband I'd give up these advantages. However, I'm not really in the market for one.

Thanks for the compliments. This quilt is for Quilts for Kids so I wanted it bright. The pic doesn't show the colors very well but it is bright enough that it will be easy to find among the white hospital sheets! LOL

I think that we only have to have the top done for the judging but Nana will correct me if I am wrong.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 2,955
Linda replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 1:23 PM

Sheila, I don't think I have to worry. As much as I wish I could get that far, don't think I will. But I'll sure try!!!

Vacherie, Louisiana

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

It's cloudy and drizzling a bit this afternoon in New England.  A great day to stay in and put MQ 9 together.  Here's my top so far.

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,274
Points 26,970
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 3:36 PM

Judy, your drizzles didn't reach this far inland.  We have had a few nice warm sunny days here.  Instead of quilting, I have been picking up "stuff" outside.  We have had the warning ice on the windshields this week with frozen wipers, so know this will not last much longer.

I like the contrast of your quilt.  It will sure brighten up any room it is in.  I laid the few blocks of my reversed colored quilt together to look at last night and the outer spinning squares look so much different in the dark fabric.  Hope to get a little time to make the smaller blocks tomorrow and get more big ones together so I can post it here.  They say "make hay while the sun shines" so I guess outdoors comes first today. 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,274
Points 26,970
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 3:44 PM

Pat Lancaster:
I think that we only have to have the top done for the judging but Nana will correct me if I am wrong.

Pat, on previous mysteries I believe that we just had to have the tops done.  That is why so many of us have UFOs!!!  If we had a little more time and had to have them FINISHED maybe the pile of UFOs wouldn't be so high.  It is so easy to get distracted by a new project.

Marsha - Western New York

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 840
txsueh replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 3:50 PM

I've been sewing all day putting the HSTs together.  I swear those piles behind me are multiplying when I'm not looking!!!

The posted tops so far are wonderful!  Atta Girl, gals!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,398
Points 45,125

Marsha-SM:
Pat, on previous mysteries I believe that we just had to have the tops done.  That is why so many of us have UFOs!!!  If we had a little more time and had to have them FINISHED maybe the pile of UFOs wouldn't be so high.  It is so easy to get distracted by a new project.

I agree Marsha. I imposed a rule on myself that I would not start anything for the rest of the year, I will only work on UFOs. So how did I justify doing MQ9? I planned to only use stash and my stash counts as UFOs, ROFLOL. Which is why I had to go buy 1/2 yard of blue for my inner border today. I'm not the best at following rules, but I have finished up some UFOs and plan to get back to them when this quilt is sent off to QFK.

You can a send suggestion to Nana about having to have the quilt completed, but I think that would only reduce the number of quilts to vote on. LOL, we quilters have a short attention span and are always ready to move on to the next project even if we aren't finished with the one in front of us.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

I can't wait to see what unique borders you ladies come up with! I'm done trimming and am a little more than 1/2 way  though assembling "Block B"....no wait... not 1/2 way! I am about 1/2 way to having the 4 blocks done that will then need to be turned into the BIG block... whatever, I still have a little ways to go, but thankfully the trimming is done, and I at least have 2 patches LOL!

We have a day trip to VT tomorrow, it generally turns into a 20 hour trip when all is said and done...so maybe Monday I can resume? Can't wait to see what everyone finishes tomorrow and see some awesome borders! If anyone is playing around with ideas on computer software,feel free to share some ideas here.....

Karyn

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,040
Jo replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 11:22 PM

Here's my top without borders.  I am working on what types of borders to add. 

• Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 11:44 PM

Jo.... It tuned out gorgeous love the colors you used looks awesome!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,574
Points 36,060
ls2116 replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 1:05 AM

Thanks Nana for designing another great MQ.  I can only hope I'll be able to post a pic after I have it assembled after having computer issues.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 3 of 14 (202 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use