Step 4 questions and discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 185 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 5:43 PM

Sue and Marilyn your blocks are beautiful! 

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 6:54 PM

Peggy:
 But you did mention your "lapboard", now that is something I've not seen or even heard of.  If you get a chance would you take a photo of that, I would like to find a way to 'make' one for myself.. sounds wonderful.

Peggy, sorry I didn't respond sooner.  I just barely skimmed this earlier and missed your post.  The lap board I use is "Quilter's Cut ' Press II" from June Tailor.  It is found at many quilt shops and from her own site.  

I just found it at Joann Fabrics.  This is the best deal I have ever seen on it.  I should buy another one myself.  I have nearly worn out the first one I got.  I have another that I use beside my sewing machine on a tray table.  On June Tailor's site the price is $52.29.  I paid much less for mine many years ago.  The price at Joann's is cheaper than trying to make one yourself. 

June Tailor Quilter's Cut'N Press II Board

Details

http://www.joann.com/june-tailor-quilter-s-cut-n-press-ii-board/728154.html
Item # 728154
$39.99 $19.99                    12" x 18"

Availability:  In Stock

June Tailor Quilter's Cut'N Press II Board, , hi-res

Marsha - Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,927
Points 125,065

Marilyn. Those are beautiful blocks. Great fabrics.

Nana, I really like this pattern and will probably make it at some point.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 7:30 PM

Linda:

Marsha,

Love your colors. Hope  you're feeling better soon. I envy all of you who can overcome and conquer.

Thanks, Linda.  I have my days!  I have fibromyalgia along with osteoarthritis, so life is taken day by day.  I have my days!  Some days are good, but many are the type you just do what you can. Fortunately today is a good day but was "wasted" riding in the truck hauling a 20 foot trailer full of cattle.  I act as Rich's secretary and companion.  Otherwise he might go to sleep!  Some of the trips are long and boring and the roads rough.

I like your choice of fabrics.  This will look like an old-fashioned quilt.  The grid fabrics goes very well with the others.

Marsha - Western New York

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 67
Points 960
Peggy replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 8:30 PM

Thanks Marsha, I've not seen one of these before.. I guess I'll be adding it to my Santa's Wish List..

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 965
txsueh replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 12:15 PM

Marilyn B:

I know what you mean Sue.  I have all hst pressed but only about a third trimmed but had to see too.  I love your pinks, I love all the colour combinations I have seen.  Hopefully this long weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving) I can get more sewing done.  My DD and DSIL and my DB and DSIL are coming for dinner sunday but it is a make your own pizza night.  I make the dough and they add whatever they want to theirs, because my DH is the only turkey lover and we don't usually do thanksgiving.  Sorry for rambling, Its been a long 3 weeks with no breaks and I'm tired.

Sounds like a fun celebration!  Enjoy your day!  Now that everyone's blocks are coming together, I can hardly wait to see the quilts!  Thanks, all, for your comments and compliments.

Sue in Belton, TX

http://stitchingwithsue.blogspot.com/

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 10:13 PM

I finished step 4 while sewing the first 3 rows of step 5.  I love this MQ !!!!!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,606
Points 26,990
Debbie replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 9:12 AM

Marsha, WeeZee, Karen, and Penny - great job, ladies!  Isn't it just so amazing how everyone can do the same pattern but use different fabrics and they all come out looking so unique.

I think it is Penny, who had two up and they don't look anything near the same.  love the one with the light black n white and how it stands out.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 2:09 PM

Thank you Debbie, I hope you are feeling better, I know having surgery really takes a lot out of you.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 12:52 AM

Just finished step 4.  Thinking of quilting a windmill motif.  What do you think?

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 305
Francie replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 11:43 AM

I have 3/4 of step 4 done!  I hope I can finish 4 and 5 by Mon night!  The picture does not show the colors well, bg is a white with blue "clouds" in it. #1is grey, #2 is blue.

Francie

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 12:33 PM

Looking good Francie.  I put your photo into iphoto and played with it a little bit.  I was wondering if this was more like your colors?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 305
Francie replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 1:09 PM

Thank you Mimi. It is much closer. The blue is a little bluer. I am really happy with the combination. I wanted it to look like water while still using from my stash. 

Francie

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,582
Points 24,020
Susie replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 9:46 AM

AHHHH....I stitched all weekend...with a Harry Potter marathon on the computer.  Got my 4-patches almost done.  I meant to take a picture to share, but by the time I went to bed last night, I completely spaced it out.

I will keep working on them tonight and take one so you can see my colors.  Not tranquil in the normal thought, but with the memories mine invoke, it is to me.  I think I will be keeping this one...unless someone comes along & claims in before it's finished.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 720
Laura G replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 3:23 PM

Hello All,

I have the first four blocks sewn and up on my design wall to see this exciting quilt pattern!  It's a great design, THANK YOU Nana!! This is fun.  Does anyone have a tip on how to make the pin wheel points come together?  I am having a terrible time getting them all lined up!  I've not done these before  :(.  Thanks for any clues you might have to share!

Laura G

Page 12 of 13 (186 items) «Prev910111213Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use