Step 4 questions and discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 185 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 361
Points 6,265

Nana, that works. I thought you were actually going to change the layout. Thanks for responding. Enjoy the retreat!

Penny

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 361
Points 6,265

Wow, Marsha, your fabrics are great. 

Penny

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180

Thanks, Penny.  I wasn't too thrilled with them at first, but they are growing on me as things are coming together.  I guess this will be another college dorm quilt for a grand-niece this coming year.  We have 2 grandchildren, 2 grand-nieces and 1 grand-nephew graduating next June!  They all expect a quilt since I made one for a grand-nephew that is rooming with our grandson this year.  Have to make 2 for boys - one is grandson, brother to the one that graduated this year, so he will have to get one like his brother.  That was a deer panel and wildlife windows blocks around it.  He is also a hunter as his brother and cousin are!  Have that one started.  Have another top done for another girl.  Maybe this quilt design would work in more masculine colors for the grand-nephew.  I probably even have fabrics on hand for another.

Everyone's quilts are coming together nicely with quite a variety of colors.  It will be hard to chose a favorite when that time comes.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180

weezee56:

Marsha, Very nice blocks, love your colors.

Thanks - - - Liking them better and better.  I really like your lavender and blue.  I think I will have to make another in boys colors.  I like how this is coming together.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180

Penny, I just went back to see your 2 sets of blocks.  I also love the 2nd one, but of course I am partial to natures colors, especially the colors of fall.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 67
Points 960
Peggy replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 7:49 PM

Linda, I actually like the grid pattern.  It looks like a quilt 'grandma' would have made and those are the most special.  I used stripes and wished I hadn't but I'd definitely do this pattern again.

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 67
Points 960
Peggy replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 7:52 PM

Tami, your colors really say 'tranquility'..How pretty.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 67
Points 960
Peggy replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 7:58 PM

Marsha, I think these are my favorites combined.  The Center stands out so pretty and the #2 and #3 fabrics contrast so nice..

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,608
Points 27,090
Debbie replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 8:14 PM

tnmtgrl:
Hey Debbie, love the fabrics but I think you have a square out of place on your pinwheel square, the top left block in the center pinwheel should be a yellow/ purple block not a purple/flower block...does anyone else agree?

Thanks, Jen - had to get back and look at the picture to find it.  worse than proof reading a document.  I'l fix that but may take me a couple of days - trying to get off  pain pills and may be too soon.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 395
Annette replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 1:25 AM

Everyone's blocks are so pretty. I like all the colors. I am still way behind, I'm hoping to finish my HST's before the last step comes out. It would be really nice if work didn't get in the way.

Nana thanks for this "Mystery", it is only my second mystery quilt. These are really fun. Thanks everyone for showing me an easy way to do HST's. Jen: I'm glad your knee is better. Thinking good healing vibes for you.... and Maggie (I think) I'm sorry you lost your pet, I wish I could give you a big hug. Losing any one you love is hard.

Annette

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 10:27 AM

Marsha,

Love your colors. Hope  you're feeling better soon. I envy all of you who can overcome and conquer.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 10:31 AM

Peggy:

Linda, I actually like the grid pattern.  It looks like a quilt 'grandma' would have made and those are the most special.  I used stripes and wished I hadn't but I'd definitely do this pattern again.

Well Peggy.  I am a grandmother--- of 10!!!  Glad you like the grid. Makes me feel better. Can't wait to see the finished product. 

Thanks Nana for my first MQ experience. I was always afraid to try before.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 965
txsueh replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 4:02 PM

I'm still sewing HST together, but I couldn't wait to get a couple blocks sewn together for a look-see!!!

Sue in Belton, TX

http://stitchingwithsue.blogspot.com/

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 4:26 PM

I know what you mean Sue.  I have all hst pressed but only about a third trimmed but had to see too.  I love your pinks, I love all the colour combinations I have seen.  Hopefully this long weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving) I can get more sewing done.  My DD and DSIL and my DB and DSIL are coming for dinner sunday but it is a make your own pizza night.  I make the dough and they add whatever they want to theirs, because my DH is the only turkey lover and we don't usually do thanksgiving.  Sorry for rambling, Its been a long 3 weeks with no breaks and I'm tired.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 5:39 PM

Sue and Marilyn I love both of your color combos.

Page 11 of 13 (186 items) «Prev910111213Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use