rated by 0 users
This post has 185 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 6,760
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 10:50 AM

Debbie:

I.  ade up 2 blocks, just to see how they looked...

Hey Debbie, love the fabrics but I think you have a square out of place on your pinwheel square, the top left block in the center pinwheel should be a yellow/ purple block not a purple/flower block...does anyone else agree?

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 11:21 AM

Debbie

Jen is right.  The one square in the pinwheel block is wrong.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,280
Yuriko replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 12:57 PM

Linda,

Wow!  I like your blocks.  I would have never thought of using those 3 fabrics together but it really works.  Very exciting blocks.

Lily 

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,670
Points 37,620
ls2116 replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 1:04 PM

I'm almost done with sewing my blocks.  

Jacy great idea on the buttons.  I'm waiting til the top is finished to decide.  I think mine would've looked better if i used fabric with more contrast.  Though the people i'm giving this one to it will coordinate nicely with their decor.  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 2:39 PM

Linda your background fabric looks so cool.  I like your blocks!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

I have all my pinwheels done, and only 1 of my diamonds. I still have to square up about 1/4 of the HST from step 2. I just may catch up by Friday! WHOO HOO!

Karyn

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

Sorry the first one was so small! grrrr. This one you can actually see the fabrics a little. The green is a light pinstripe. If you look really really close, you can see where i had to cobble some together to be able to have enough blocks. I was a little short! Truly gives it a homemade feel LOL! You can see my pile of untrimmed blocks in the picture :D I've gotten 3/4 of those done!

It's funny how the different fabrics make the block look totally different! The person with the purple (sorry, I didn't note your name!) you can REALLY see her pinwheels... where as mine you can really see the "windmill"

Can't wait to see what the layout is and what each of you do with it! You are all so creative! I'll definitely be pulling in more blue and that deep teal color in my border/sashing. In the little picture, this layout looks pretty cool! (It was just a lot more trimming, so I left it for last LOL!)

Karyn

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 345
Points 5,995

LOVE everyone's creations; they all are beautiful.  Love that purple, especially, Debbie!  This has been my favorite MQ9 yet.  It's not too small to work with and yet it's not just squares.  Nice work, Nana.  I know you put a lot of work into design and directions.  Thank you.  I am done with Step 4; waiting for step 5.  Nana, would you please include the layout for the smaller quilt when step 5 is put out?  I think many of us will be doing a smaller design and I believe you said the layout was slightly different.

Penny

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 840
txsueh replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 4:48 PM

Yipee!!!  I've finished those other 'things' I had to get done and now I can concentrate on this quilt.  Tomorrow I will start sewing the HSTs into blocks.  Maybe, just maybe, I will almost stay up with the group.

Loving the blocks being posted.  Such gorgeous blocks I'm seeing.  Won't we all have some stunning quilts??!!!!!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,038
Points 15,865

I got them finished. What do you think?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,038
Points 15,865

Penny, Your bottom set of blocks really pop. Love your colors.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 345
Points 5,995

weezee56:

Penny, Your bottom set of blocks really pop. Love your colors.

Thank you!  Unfortunately, that one is not for me but I sure do love those warm, snuggly fall colors.  Love that purple you have.  I plan to put purple in my border.  Your blocks are great!  Turned out awesome!

Penny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 6:05 PM

Penny

Since I may not be near a computer on Friday I will just give you smaller directions now.   The only difference will be that you use less blocks per row and make fewer rows.  Just count the number of squares that you made and decide how many you can put in a row and how many rows that you can do.   Does this make any sense to you?  I will try to get to a computer and make sure everyone understands but I will be in Portland, Ore.  and headed to retreat on the coast of Oregon.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,327
Points 27,985

Linda:
So I don't get bored doing repetitive squaring/trimming, I did not do all of the cutting bkgd/#2 all at once. Did the sewing and used the tube to cut. Did about half. Did some squaring/trimming; some step 3's; back to cutting; now some step 4's; squaring/trimming step 2's,  etc, etc. Hopefully get it all done before the reveal!!

That is my method also.  I do that somewhat so I don't get bored, but also to rest my shoulders doing a different job when the shoulders get tired and painful.  I add ironing in there.  That uses a few different muscles than cutting.  I still have 20 of the background/#1 left to square up.  Here are pictures of my first 2 blocks.  I made 8 each of step 3 blocks and made 2 each of step 4.  Will hopefully get the rest of the blocks done Friday and Saturday.  Have to ride the rough roads all day tomorrow - - - OUCH!!  I had therapy today for my neck and back and will get whip-lashed and pile driven tomorrow!!  Not a great plan, but that is how it is.  At least I feel better this afternoon.  Maybe the bumps won't be so bad tomorrow - I hope.

Marsha - Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,038
Points 15,865

Marsha, Very nice blocks, love your colors.

Page 10 of 13 (186 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use