Step 4 questions and discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 185 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,915
Points 41,005
ls2116 replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 8:42 AM

Seeing your blocks up is helping to motivate me they look great i'm tempted to put them together now but i'm still on step3.  

Quilting My Rainbow

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 965
txsueh replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 11:27 AM

Add my thanks to the others, Nana.   I think a mystery quilt such as this is wonderful and fun, but is better suited to those who can spend time on just one thing at a time.  I don't seem to have that ability in me! LOL  Altho I wish I could keep up, I can't.   But I will get this quilt done as soon as I can.   And most likely I will try to participate in the next one!  What is it they say???? ....glutton for punishment!!!!    Who knows?  As I get other priorities behind me...maybe I can catch up with everyone!!! 

Keep posting pics, everyone!  Love seeing the color combinations.

Sue in Belton, TX

http://stitchingwithsue.blogspot.com/

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 1:02 PM

txsueth just work at your own pace, don't rush yourself.  Life does get in the way sometimes and it can't be helped.   My MQ9 wasn't finished until after the vote and that was fine.  Enjoy the fun of the Mystery even if you see completed quilts they are not yours which will still be a suprise when you complete it.  I have my blocks all sewn and they just need ironing.  I probably won't get the blocks sewn together for awhile since I have been asked to make a quilt for a fundraiser  due in 4 weeks, two of which are filled up with appointments.  Since it is for my granddaughter's pre-K  how could I say no.  So my MQ9 will be put on the back burner until I get to it.  I do look forward to seeing yours whenever it is completed :-)

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 2:09 PM

Well, I got my two blocks sewn together...even though I am really still only on Step 3!  My granddaughter says it looks like a Christmas quilt!  When I bought the fabric, it was not intended to be, but now it does to me too!  Go figure!  Anyway, I am really enjoying my first Mystery Quilt!  Thanks, Nana!  Jan in New Palestine

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 2:18 PM

Your blocks are beautiful Jan!

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 93
Points 3,140
Sheila replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 2:35 PM

Jan, I love your color combo!  Going to be a beautiful quilt!

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 3:08 PM

Thank you, Helen!

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 3:08 PM

Thank you, Sheila!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 3:24 PM

Jan, I can hear the carols playing in the background and the soft snow (sorry Kris) falling all around.  Great job....love your colors.

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 3:59 PM

Thanks a lot, Mimi!  Guess it is a Christmas quilt!  Lol!

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 3:59 PM

Thanks a lot, Mimi!  Guess it is a Christmas quilt!  Lol!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 965
txsueh replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 4:36 PM

Helen:

txsueth just work at your own pace, don't rush yourself.  Life does get in the way sometimes and it can't be helped.   My MQ9 wasn't finished until after the vote and that was fine.  Enjoy the fun of the Mystery even if you see completed quilts they are not yours which will still be a suprise when you complete it.  I have my blocks all sewn and they just need ironing.  I probably won't get the blocks sewn together for awhile since I have been asked to make a quilt for a fundraiser  due in 4 weeks, two of which are filled up with appointments.  Since it is for my granddaughter's pre-K  how could I say no.  So my MQ9 will be put on the back burner until I get to it.  I do look forward to seeing yours whenever it is completed :-)

Oh I will!  Just finished up most of  the class project.  Only need to copy cds Sunday and I'll be done with that...then on to the next one! LOL  I'm getting closer every day to working on those blocks.  Thanks so much for the encouragement, Helen.  It truly does help, you know....

Sue in Belton, TX

http://stitchingwithsue.blogspot.com/

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,285
Bonita replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 5:08 PM

Valerie, Your block is so pretty. I love paisley.

Kris, great looking blocks. I have used 2 different fabrics with the same colors too, You use what you have.

Christine, Lovely blocks. Pretty green color.

Jan, pretty blocks they will make a beautiful Christmas quilt.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565

Thank you everyone for your comments.  The more I look at them on my board they are growing on me.  

I love everyones color combos and how the blocks are coming along!

Jan your colors are my typical color combo love them even if they look Christmas like :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

I'm loving everyone's blocks. the colors are great. I am the slacker in the group. I'm printing off the patterns and sticking them with the fabric that I picked. I will get to it one day after I finish 7 and 8. Can't wait to see the finished products. Meanwhile I will check in to see what's going on. I do have all my Union Soldier Sampler blocks done and waiting on the next set.. Does that get  me off the hook, Nana??? lol

Page 4 of 13 (186 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use