Step 4 questions and discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 185 Replies | 35 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 305
IGOSEW replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 12:46 PM

Oh Valerie, I love your choice of fabrics!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 1:03 PM

Valerie your block is beautiful!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,704
Points 364,332
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 1:06 PM

Here's mine. I did not have enough of the pink but I had the same colour in two prints so I used them both.

I like your block Valerie. Very pretty fabrics.

• Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,075

oh Kris I really like your second block and how it pops. Need to get working on mine

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 110
GinnyM replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 1:30 PM

Thank you Nana for hosting the Mystery quilts.  It was an interesting quilt and will turn out very nice.  I may not do this again though.  The steps came too fast for it to be enjoyable.  I have kept up because the quilt would not be a "mystery" if I didn't, but everything else in my life had to slip.  My suggestion would be to have  3 weeks between the steps after step 1.  

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 1:32 PM

Thank you, Valerie!  It does seem like you are all a friendly group!  It's like you all know each other personally!  Thanks for the welcome and......I absolutely love your blocks!  The fabric is beautiful!

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 1:33 PM

Very pretty, Kris!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,280
Yuriko replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 1:41 PM

Val,

Love your block.  Very pretty fabrics.  Great choice of colors.   Ur quilt is going to be beautiful so get going on step 3.  Ha ha ha.  It took me awhile to do step 3. 

Lily

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 895
Peggy replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 2:03 PM

I've done quite a few of the MQ's.. in fact 5 of them I think. Some I was able to keep up with, others I wasn't.  But I always do them because I enjoy getting the pattern and even if I can't keep up we can post anytime if we need help. I am behind right now too but have set aside this weekend for a 'sew-a-thon'. Three weeks would be too long in between.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 2:48 PM

Valerie

I love your block.  Your fabrics are so pretty.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 2:50 PM

Kris

Very pretty. I like your fabrics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 450
Points 8,565
Jan replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 3:17 PM

I also have done the MQ's from and including MQ 3 and on to this one.  Some of them I have been able to keep us, and others I have not.  I think 3 weeks apart is a lot most of the time.  When making over 300 pieces into blocks, two weeks might be nice, but with as many of us as they are, life gets in someone's way no matter what you do.  This one I am behind too, but I think I can get caught up by the end.  Thank you Nana for all you do for the Mystery Quilts.

Jan in Rochester NY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,075

I agree 3 weeks seems a long time, specially for those over achievers (lol) that get done on time. I think if I had that long I would probably still procrastinate and be rushing in the end. I remember I think #7, was 2 weeks and was always jones for a few days to get the new step. so all depends. And sometimes the step coming out before your ready helps some people to get the pic a little better. When putting small pieces together sometimes takes a while but then when you start turning them into bigger blocks goes quickly. But where ever I am I don't find the mystery ruined. I think most of the work is getting colors picked before you know what it is going to look like. so once you start cutting and cant be changing your mind. doesnt much mater to me where I am at when the big reveal is posted.

And yes thank you Nana for all you do!, looks like it is going to be another nice one you have created

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 5:29 PM

Thanks alot, Nana!  Sounds like fun; can't wait to see all the quilt tops!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,704
Points 364,332
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 5:39 PM

Tami Paul:
oh Kris I really like your second block and how it pops. Need to get working on mine

Thanks Tami. I still have a lot more sewing to do.

Nana:
Kris

Very pretty. I like your fabrics.

Thanks Nana. I got these in Leavenworth the first time we were there.

Jan:
Very pretty, Kris!

Thanks Jan.

Page 2 of 13 (186 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use