Step 4 questions and discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 185 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,515
Nana Posted: Thu, Oct 3 2013 10:45 PM

Please post all questions and discussion here.

I notice that the pics have been reversed in the steps.  I feel sure that you realize the bottom pic is actual the large diamond and the top block is the pinwheel star.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 200
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

Anyone else hitting refresh...waiting..... poking around on another site.... coming back....hitting refresh....waiting ......waiting for the next step?

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 565
Points 9,975
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 12:06 AM

didnt have the design but I had figured tha it was 2 separate blocks that would be coming together. the only way I figured that there could be two steps left, so even though I couldn't post I really wanted to tell everyone not to worry if you were behind . the next steps would be easy. such a busy weekend ahead. then P-town the next

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,631
Points 36,945
ls2116 replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 12:22 AM

I like the big diamond block can't wait til the mystery is solved I'm wondering what its gonna look like finished.  I'm starting the second phase of step3.

Quilting My Rainbow

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 895
Peggy replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 1:22 AM

I didn't get my HST's done on time but seeing the next steps has me reved up to get them done and start getting the blocks done. I like it. I could see how the diamond square come together but the second one had me stumped. I hope to be able to sew most of the weekend. And thank you Nana for the help, the pattern, the fun and your patience... Peggy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,472
Points 46,470

Yipeee! I got one right, LOL. I figured out the diamond, but the pinwheel just wouldn't come to me. Can't wait to get home from work and rev up the machine. Thank you Nana for all your work and much patience with us.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

That looks so cool.  Maybe I will leave the pressing and trimming and sew up what I have to see how it looks.  Thanks Nana, you're great.

Paris, Ontario

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 615
Valerie replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 6:33 AM

WAHHHH.... I'm so far behind! *sob... OK whining is over. Thanks for listening. Now I'll go sew.

Valerie

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 630
Jan replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 8:26 AM

Thanks, Nana!  I am new to this group and am struggling to keep up, but am determined to do so!  Never have done a Mystery Quilt here before.  Have read posts about "voting".  Can you explain a little bit about what happens. Do we post pictures of our quilt tops - quilted or just finished tops?  Where and what happens?  Thanks in advance for the info!  Jan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,532
Points 22,990
Susie replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:00 AM

Valerie:

WAHHHH.... I'm so far behind! *sob... OK whining is over. Thanks for listening. Now I'll go sew.

Valerie

Me, too, Valerie!  But I will be sewing most of the weekend to try to get caught up on both this and my RR.  WOOHOO!  Here's hoping that my machine is truly fixed!  Car issues prevented me from getting it yesterday, but I WILL get it today!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,515
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:35 AM

Jan

Everyone posts pics of their quilt tops into the media section of the group.  Then everyone including those who didn't do the mystery gets to vote on their favorite top.  The
" winner" gets their top in the newsletter.  No prizes just fun voting.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 840
txsueh replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 12:06 PM

Valerie:

Valerie

You are not alone, Valerie!  I want to sew those HSTs together NOW, but I must, I must, I must work on a class project for later this month....sigh............

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 615
Valerie replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 12:34 PM

OK I caved in. I had to put a block together even though I only just started sep 3.

• Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 615
Valerie replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 12:37 PM

Welcome Jan! You will find we are a friendly bunch and personally I have learned so much from these ladies.

Valerie

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 895
Peggy replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 12:42 PM

Verrry, verrry pretty.. The colors pop out.. great choice.

Page 1 of 13 (186 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use