rated by 0 users
This post has 299 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 10:35 PM

IGOSEW

Have fun at quilt fest.  It sounds awesome.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 12:40 PM

MNgutsygal :

Gina:

OKAY...I have FINALLY found different fabrics in my stash that meet the amount of fabric required, and actually kind of go together!  ...
Here's the fabric I've decided to use...

LOVE those fabrics!

MN Deb

THANK YOU MN DEB!  I've been gone on vacation for the last week and didn't have internet except for on my cell phone.  Had a really hard time accessing this site from my phone, and even when I did, it was difficult to post on the discussion boards.  Now I'm home and catching up with all the posts!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 255
Francie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 2:46 PM

Thank you to those who wrote about the Angler.  I have finally finished my HST! I purchased the Angler years ago and I pulled it out. It really made those HST go quickly!

Francie

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 305
IGOSEW replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 12:57 PM

Thanks, Nana, I had a blast!

Went to Quilt Fest by myself and just wandered at my own pace.  I spent more than 2 hours just wandering through vendors!  Didn't even look at the quilts until after lunch.  Vendors are usually packed in the afternoon so I did them first and it was the best decision!  Not too crowded and then the quilt area was not crowded in the p.m.

I noticed that I spent far less time looking at 'traditional quilts' than I would have thought.  They were pretty but most just were not 'unique' or exceptional.  But WOW some of the modern quilts and especially mixed media quilts were unbelievable.  And, of course there was the most UNBELEIVABLE miniature quilt with a center medallion and teeny-tiny miniature blocks surrounding it!  My first miniature quilt's label said "My first and probably my last miniature quilt" and it was!  LOL

Let me tell you folks about the Martelli booth!  I'm a lefty and I bought one of their rotary cutters the first year they were at Quilt Fest.  I mentioned to them that my cutter had never fully opened when you press it down on the mat.  She said it sounded like it needed a new spring and said she would send me one.  She started to show me how to replace it on their left handed model but she couldn't get it back on so she had someone in the booth who was left handed put it back together.  While he was doing that she said she'd just give me the demonstrator model and trusted me to mail my old one back.  I said that was great.  Well when the other one got put back together (she had been demonstrating to other folks all this time) she asked me if I was all set and I said yes.  As I started to walk off she said, here, wait a minute, I was going to give you the 60 mm one too because we've changed them slightly and this is the older model.  Yup, that's right, she GAVE it to me!  Retail value:  $29.99!  Now that's customer service and she has this customer for LIFE!

Blessings to all!

Peggy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 715
Laura G replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:50 AM

Hi Nana,

I have been trying to get the "feel" of this website and posting messages.  It seems when I try to write a new post,  I get a message that says "access denied". The only way I am able to post a message and upload photos of progress in the discussions section for each step is to reply to your email.  Is this the way it is supposed to work?  It's not a problem if that's the way it is supposed to be, but I guess because I am still unfamiliar with this group's posting methods, I feel like I am "bothering" you too much by "replying" all the time.  I am used to writing my own message when I want to upload a new photo.  Know what I mean?  LOL 

Laura G

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 715
Laura G replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:52 AM

I was posting a message to Nana and saw your fabrics!  Wow!  They look really great!  Love all the color :)

Laura G

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,075
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 10:07 AM

Laura, are you using Explorer for your search engine? I had that problem when I went over to windows8 with the new laptop. I found I could use google chrome and have heard firefox works too. Not sure if it was this threard or another that said in explorer , you can click on tools on top left of page. then click on compatibility view and add the QCA page. hope that helps you out

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 12:02 PM

Laura G

Everyone posts to the threads by clicking on reply in someone's previous post.  Only the owner of the group can start new threads.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 12:06 PM

Laura G:

I was posting a message to Nana and saw your fabrics!  Wow!  They look really great!  Love all the color :)

Laura just remember to start your message with the person's name that you are responding to.  We have no way of knowing whose message you clicked on to reply.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 367
Points 7,255
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 2:15 PM

Well I was planning on having all my MQ9 squares done tomorrow but a new day has brought another setback...I cut the end of my finger off with my rotary cutter..do I feel like an idiot??....yes I do...so now no projects will be getting done on time...these things come in 3's..between my knee yesterday and finger today I can hardly wait to see what's next...

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 450
Points 8,565
Jan replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 2:33 PM

tnmtgrl,

OUCH!  I did that about a year or so ago. The bad part about mine was I have a Klutz glove, and it was sitting where I had to move it to make the cut!  I have not missed using it since.  That just plain hurts.

Jan in Rochester NY

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 3:51 PM

OUCH tnmtgrl, so sorry you injured yourself!!  Wish I lived nearby and help you with your cutting and sewing.  Please take care!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 367
Points 7,255
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 4:02 PM

Whoop Whoop!!!! I finally finished the squaring up of my HST's...bad finger and all.....now I can start to sew my squares...yea!!!!  :)

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 205
Corine replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 4:34 PM

So very happy for you. I find it so amazing how we are able to adapt and overcome adversity, one of the side benefits of quilting that also benefits our everyday life. I am in the process of pressing my HST's and hope to be able to start squaring by this evening. So very behind, but enjoying the process.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 6:49 PM

Oh Jen.   That looks so painful.   Hope your finger feels better soon,  

Vinton, Virginia

Page 17 of 20 (300 items) «Prev1516171819Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use