General Discussion and Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 299 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 11:58 AM

Nan, thanks, now let the cutting begin because I actually understand so far:)

Thanks Christine, I don't think the picture reflects how perfectly that purple matched the Fassett purple in the flower.  I have had that purple for years and just hadn't come up with anything I wanted to do with it.  Guess thats why we have stashes because we just know someday it will work!

Kathy

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 12:25 PM

Kathy:

OK, I have picked my fabrics, not too "tranquil" but tranquil for me.   Kaffe Fassett is never tranquil but I just love the fabrics and have tons in my stash. 

Kathy...your fabric choices are GORGEOUS!  Oh, I can't wait to see what your quilt looks like in the end!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,845
Brenda replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 12:30 PM

OK I finally decided on my colors and I am ready to begin cutting. Yellow Back Ground, Multi #1, Blue #2

I hope I posted this OK I am still getting the hang of this posting, blog,  Brenda

ue

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 1:40 PM

Brenda

Your fabrics are beautiful.  And your posting is just fine.   Just keep doing what you are doing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,845

Thanks Nana

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 4:11 PM

I decided that for this mystery quilt I am only going to use fabrics from my stash, as I need to get rid of some and stop buying more until I have room for more.  I am considering going with these...

...however, I could really use some advice please.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but the fabric in the center is light pink with dark pink print...the print is of old world circus things, and I really want to be able and see the print in whatever quilt project I use it in.  There is enough of the aqua print and the circus print to use either as the background fabric.  If the quilt is going to be a number of small pieces, then I may replace the circus fabric with something else.  Before I start cutting into the fabrics, could I please get some suggestions as to what you would do in my shoes?

Thanks so much!

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Gina I had the same issue, the background fabric I wanted to use has a large print so what I did was put my ruler at the 3-7/8 mark and saw what I would see in that strip.  You could cut out a paper with the triangle cut out and put that over the ruler to see what would show in the smaller triangles.  I was happy with what I saw so then cut it.  Hope that makes sense and it helps

Paris, Ontario

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 355

Love your fabrics!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 4:57 PM

I love everyone's choices of fabrics so far. Mine came from my stash, and as most of my stash is 1-2 yard pieces I was limited. It was Christmas fabric that had the yardage - so Christmas fabric it is!!

Betty 

A quilt will warm the heart.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 6:22 PM

Gina

If you really want to be able to see the print you don't want to use it in the quilt.  You could however use it for a border.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Kathy - I just love your fabrics! You can't help making a beautiful quilt with those!

Linda Gless

Hartford, WI

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Gorgeous colors, Brenda! I haven't gotten my fabrics yet. Going to JoAnn Fabrics next week with a bunch  of 50 percent off coupons to get my colors. Yours are yummy!

Linda Gless

Hartford, WI

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 7:09 AM

Marilyn B:

Gina I had the same issue, the background fabric I wanted to use has a large print so what I did was put my ruler at the 3-7/8 mark and saw what I would see in that strip.  You could cut out a paper with the triangle cut out and put that over the ruler to see what would show in the smaller triangles.  I was happy with what I saw so then cut it.  Hope that makes sense and it helps

Thank you for the advice, Marilyn B.  I will probably choose a different fabric since the print is larger than the 3-7/8 mark.  I appreciate the info!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 7:10 AM

Wow looking at everyone's fabric is like looking at a candy display through a window! It is yummy for the eyes. I will have to look tonight for fabrics. Before I do I don't remember how big this quilt is going to finish at. Can someone help me? 

So far I love the variety in the colors, prints and blends.  These will be great!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 7:10 AM

Nana:

Gina

If you really want to be able to see the print you don't want to use it in the quilt.  You could however use it for a border.

Thanks Nana...I love your idea of using it in the border.  I think that I will find another fabric to use in place of the circus fabric!

Page 6 of 20 (300 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use