General Discussion and Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 299 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 11:47 AM

So, I've got to narrow it down.  I really like the 2 on the very ends & the kinda red one.  The one in the middle is really a little more beige than it looks, with white polka dots.  Gotta do some measuring & see which ones will be enough for the cutting instructions.  The one on the very right will be my background fabric since it's about 4 yards.  I hope the one on the very left can be worked in.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,610
Points 48,335
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 12:51 PM

Those are pretty, Beve... remember you'll need something for borders so that one on the left may fit in just fine.

Here's mine... I put it on the other page... probably shouldn't have.  Sorry, Nana :)

I'm still not 100% sure I'm doing this quilt but if I do, these are the fabric I'll most likely use unless someone thinks the one of the left has too big of a print.  I was surprised to find 3 big enough pieces in my stash that go together!

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,085
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 12:58 PM

Debbie

I answered on the other thread too.  I think these are going to be pretty.  Once your print is cut you will have mostly just color variation.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 694
Points 13,230

Bev and Debbie, love the color choices. Maybe I can wait this one out and just be a recipient of them??  Haha

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,610
Points 48,335

Michelle:

Bev and Debbie, love the color choices. Maybe I can wait this one out and just be a recipient of them??  Haha

You Funny.

I'll let you quilt it :)

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645

okay thiese are the fabrics I picked.  The greyish blue is the background, the yellow is #1 and then the peachy like is #2. There is some pebble fabric that I really wanted to use ( because of who it is for. I think I will use that as a border so I didn't purchase it yet until I know what I want to do with the border. My plan is to keep this one small so lets see how I do at that.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 5:46 PM

Debbie-do:

Michelle:

You Funny.

I'll let you quilt it :)

Hahaha!  There's an idea!  I finish the tops, but I'm still waiting on a machine. : /

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 5:53 PM

Debbie-do:

Those are pretty, Beve... remember you'll need something for borders so that one on the left may fit in just fine.

Thanks, Debbie!  I thought about adding some green, but I didn't find any I liked that I thought there would be enough of.  I'm sure I'll have to buy some fabric for the border. :)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 694
Points 13,230

Come play on my long arm! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 8:04 PM

Ooh!  I would love to!  My darn job is getting in the way of my quilting career.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,610
Points 48,335

I know what you mean.  What do you mean you're waiting on a machine?  Do you need a longarm?  A regular machine?  Are you sharing one?  I know someone who was trying to sell her longarm... not sure if she still has it or not but I could find out!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 9:28 AM

OK, I have picked my fabrics, not too "tranquil" but tranquil for me.   Kaffe Fassett is never tranquil but I just love the fabrics and have tons in my stash.  Now all I have to do is figure out the cutting when we are using the strip tube ruler.  If I understand correctly, all we are doing is change the 3 7/8" strips to 3" strips.  Nana, help!

Then I am thinking of using the pale yellow with a pale green for the borders.

T

Kathy

• Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,362
Points 20,480

Karla, your colors are perfect.  Love it!!

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,085
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:38 AM

Kathy

I love your fabrics.  Those are pretty calm for Fassett.    If you are using the strip tube ruler just cut all the 3 7/8" strips at 3" and then don't cut them into squares.  You may have to cut a couple more strips when we get to the HST step.   I think I ended up cutting and extra strip but I don't remember which fabric it was.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 11:08 AM

Kathy oh my I love them that purple is gorgeous!!!!  I have that purple design one in a pink and a deep burgandy but that purple is to die for and it looks great with that floral.  

Page 5 of 20 (300 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use