rated by 0 users
This post has 299 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 3,825

Carolyn (CarolBeau):

Fabrics!!

Carolyn, I LOVE the gray & Yellow/green (hard to tell on my monitor)  together! *swoon* Very soft, yet no man would run and hide from it *grin* I'm headed down shortly to shop my stash. I've been contemplating color choices all day, but have settled on nothing! I love the little pops of black in the yellow/green!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565

Carolyn like your colors.  Your the first to show your possible choices.  I have been looking through my stash trying to find the right combo with enough yardage.    So far this is the only  one without going through my Christmas fabric tub that there is enough yardage and have enough of a contrast I believe not my favorite but must use the fabric I have in the stash. May  take out the Christmas tub tonight and go through it just to see what I have .

Here is my 1st choice so far: The background is a cream with a white floral print. Had it for a long time had 4 1/2 yards Yeah !!! If  I did not have this then this MQ would be a no go. Hubby said layoff fabric buying for a while.  You have at least 20 UFO that you can finish did not like that answer but he is right .

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 625
SherrieLM replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:07 PM

Christine-

I am also thinking of maybe doing Christmas. This is what I found when a friend and I went to a couple of quilt shops today: Not sure how they look on screen, but the background is just a floral cream on cream and the other 2 (on the left) are from an Asian-themed fabric line with gold metallic threads. I am thinking of using the other green and purple in the borders. This is a huge departure on colors for me - not sure what I will do with the finished product - assuming it gets finished....:)

Sherrie     

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:16 PM

SherrieLM.. I love your choice those greens with purples are a beautiful compliment and have enough contrast it will make a striking contrast. I think you will be happy with the finished results!! 

I was thinking of this color way last night but I just do not have enough yardage in a purple to make it happen.   Hubby got my Christmas fabric tub down have enough of a background color but the other 2 colors not enough yardage darn it.  Oh well I guess the fabric  I have picked out will be the one.

Can't wait to see what others come up with love this part of the MQ's seeing what everyone else pulls for there choices.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 11:35 PM

Love your fabric, SherrieLM, purple is one of my favorite colors.  I'm using one purple fabric, also, with cream and turquoise.  The purple and the cream both have gold in them.

As you can see, I've already cut the background fabric.

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 11:52 PM

Karla   I like your color combo as well the pairing of purple with the turqouise is another winning color combo!  Way to go getting your background cut already.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 7:46 AM

Carolyn  really interesting fabrics.  I am anxious to see those worked up into the quilt.

Christine I think those fabrics are going to be very pretty.   I think I have that green in my stash...LOL

Sherrie  I love your fabrics.  Purple and green are my favs.

Karla very pretty fabrics.  I like the purple and turquoise.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 1,120

Love everyones choices so far, here are mine. My inspiration was a picture from the beach, ocean & sand, very relaxing!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:24 AM

Wow!  Only a week for the fabric selection & cutting.  I'll never keep up. :-{

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

I spent at least an hour picking out fabric. I noticed everyone was picking a light for the background. I had my lights and darks mixed up!  So glad I had not cut the fabric yet. Hahaha. I remember Debbie asking about reversing the values and I must have turned it around. Just like measuring, measure twice cut once. Always refer back to the detailed  directions!  

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,770

Bev, I think she just moved step 2 closer.  Step 3 will still be given as planned.  You can do this!  :)  Do you have fabric or do you need to go shopping?  Creative Sewing Center has a great $5 sale wall!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Ok, I pulled so many fabrics yesterday it took five minutes to make a new selection. Fun is my theme. Now I'm wondering if I should cut my fabric WOF or length since i have directionals. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 10:55 AM

Debbie-do:

Bev, I think she just moved step 2 closer.  Step 3 will still be given as planned.  You can do this!  :)  Do you have fabric or do you need to go shopping?  Creative Sewing Center has a great $5 sale wall!

I'm going to try & do this one from just my stash.  I'm about to go through my stash & see what I come up with.  My biggest issue is the 3 yards for the background fabric.  I believe I have a big piece of peach from my mom's stash, so I'm hoping to find a couple others that are big enough to coordinate with that.  I'll have a pic of choices later today.

& if step 2 involves any HSTs, I'll definitely need more time for that!  Those kicked my butt on City Streets.  ;-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 11:19 AM

Beve

Step 2 does involve HSTs.  That is why I moved it up and then gave 2 weeks until Step 3.   That way you have more time to do all those triangles....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 11:41 AM

Nana:

Beve

Step 2 does involve HSTs.  That is why I moved it up and then gave 2 weeks until Step 3.   That way you have more time to do all those triangles....LOL>

Thanks Nana!  That's where I fell behind on city streets.  oh & all those little squares.

Page 4 of 20 (300 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use