rated by 0 users
This post has 299 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,577
Points 23,915
Susie replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 8:59 AM

eparys:

OK ladies - here is the BIG confession. I am a Mathematician who can not let go of the total control of the colors of the quilt (I also do not do random scrappy - lol) . I spend many hours on EQ auditioning colors, so this will be an interesting change for me.

Lol, Betty!  I TRIED to do the scrappy last summer with Nana.  However, mine ended up all black & white.  I had to go out & buy the fabric...just couldn't get myself to go scrappy.  I'm still really horrible about letting go of my control issues.  So, I now consider it a controlled scrappy!

I was looking at my fabrics last night for a bit and I'm really not sure if I have enough large pieces to do this without buying fabric.  I think I have 4 different fabrics that have 2 yards, but nothing at the 3 yard.  Most of my fabric is 1 yard or less...I may end up buying some new stuff for this one.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 9:35 AM

Susie:
Lol, Betty!  I TRIED to do the scrappy last summer with Nana.  However, mine ended up all black & white.  I had to go out & buy the fabric...just couldn't get myself to go scrappy.  I'm still really horrible about letting go of my control issues.  So, I now consider it a controlled scrappy!

Susie - I know what you are talking about. I did a DP9 last year and bought a fat quarter bundle. Broke the bundle into rusts/browns and golds/oranges - added a few fabrics from the stash so that I had 11 diff  rusts/browns and 9 diff golds/oranges  cut the stacks into squares and carefully stacked them so they were in order. then took the squares off the top of the stacks one at a time. The quilt looks VERY random - but - lol - it wasn't at all!!

This will be a hard quilt for me but I'm doing it!!

Betty 

A quilt will warm the heart.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,827
Points 39,915
ls2116 replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 9:27 PM

I was thinking black and orange but with the name I'm thinking soothing water blue.  I hope requirements are up at midnite just maybe if i say pretty please.

Quilting My Rainbow

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,827
Points 39,915
ls2116 replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 11:48 PM

ok maybe in the morning .

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,577
Points 26,425
Debbie replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 12:50 AM

it's HERE!!  now the hunt is on for fabric and I want to go out of my comfort zone this time...   may wait and see what some of ya'll post first.  

Nana - you didn't said reads as solids, so guess prints will work, HUH?  wonder if I could switch it up and reverse my dark and lights.

have enough dark batik that I could use from my stash? 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 1:50 AM

Debbie

I think this one will look better if you go with a lighter background.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 3,135
Sheila replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:07 AM

Oh Happy Day!  MQ9 is here!

I have already been "shopping" in my stash, and have come up with 2 combinations of fabrics (so far) for MQ9....much more do-able than the 5 I made for MQ8!

I will get those all cut today, then what do I do for the next week?  Oh yeah, 3 customers quilts to finish; 10 UFO's; and probably more MQ9 choices!  No rest for the wicked......

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:13 AM

Debbie

I think I am going to change my mind on my previous answer to your question.   I think a dark background with 2 bright colors would make a beautiful quilt.   Just pick fabrics that you like and have fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:15 AM

I am changing things up a bit with this MQ.   Usually I give 2 weeks to get your fabrics and do the cutting instructions.   On this one I am going to post step 2 next Friday and then give you 2 weeks to get all of the HSTs done before the next step.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,577
Points 23,915
Susie replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:55 AM

With the requirements, I MAY have enough fabric for this from my stash.  If not...I'll have to see what fabric jumps at me and go from there. 

I'll take a picture of my fabrics tonight and see what y'all think.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,353
Points 20,380

can't wait to go home  and go stash shopping.  I was thinking maybe a multi-color batik for one fabric and a matching solid for the other fabric.  Hopefully, that will provide enough contrast. 

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Hi Nana, thank you so much for doing yet another wonderful mystery quilt, I love these.  I don't know how much time I will have in the coming weeks but eventually I will get it done.  I went to print out the cutting instructions and there does not seem to be a pdf version.  I have not looked back in all the posts to see if this was addressed and sorry if I am repeating something but is there one that I am missing?  Thanks again.

Paris, Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 4,460

I am so excited! I didn't even get to start last time as I started a part time job. That only lasted two months. So THIS is my first mystery quilt. And, I have been looking at three green fabrics I adore, wondering what I could make with them. This was meant to be :-)

Thanks, Nana.

MN Deb

PS Patti, I love the squirrel picture. MN Nancy and I are back in the heat for another week, yuck!!!!!! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 4:04 PM

Marilyn

You are right....I hadn't noticed that there wasn't a pdf.   I will contact admin and see if they can take care of that for us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,353
Points 20,380

Fabrics!!

Raleigh, NC

Page 3 of 20 (300 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use