General Discussion and Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 299 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,514
Points 25,350
Debbie replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 10:16 AM

Found it finally.  Love using my tablet but sometimes have difficulty finding boards.  can't wait for Fri. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

WOOHOO.  Bring it ON.  I'm so ready for this.  Love the name, by the way.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,865

I could use a little tranquility! Count me in.  I will be traveling for 2 - 3 weeks right in the middle of it, but hopefully I can catch up.

Martha

Parker, Co

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 12:30 PM

This mystery quilt intrigues me with the name and reading that pieces are not smaller than 3 inches. Also, did I read that Nana's colors were green and blue. I'm working on a blue, blue/green Storm at Sea right now for one grandson. Learned that another grandson's favorite color is blue and his girlfriend likes green. So this may turn out to be another blue and green quilt. We'll see. But I'm in on this one.

Vacherie, Louisiana

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 625
SherrieLM replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 12:46 PM

Doreen-

I'm sure you're going to love this. Mystery Quilt #8 was my first - I had always wanted to try one, but never had the time. I learned SO MUCH - about tools, techniques, and terminology ("wonky", "ribbiting").  I also am fairly new to QCA and haven't explored the site near enough. I thoroughly enjoyed following the discussions even though I didn't participate much - it's a great group of ladies - very supportive and helpful. I just ordered the fabric for the backing for MQ8, so I can finally get it done. I am really looking forward to this next one. A friend and I are planning a fabric shopping trip on Friday, so Step 1 coming out just in time! Where we live, shopping is a major expedition - mostly I order fabric online, so this will be a treat. I have no doubt I will overbuy!

Have fun!

Sherrie

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 231
Points 3,565
Pat replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 1:51 PM

I'm in.  So excited for this mystery quilt. Pat

Pat   From Canada

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 158
Points 2,720

I have never used this type of a thread, LOL, so I am using this as my test....I also have never been part of a group on line before or have ever made a Mystery Quilt.  So many first.

Brenda

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 3:04 PM

I'm ready!! Wahoo!!

Patty - love the squirrel.

OK ladies - here is the BIG confession. I am a Mathematician who can not let go of the total control of the colors of the quilt (I also do not do random scrappy - lol) . I spend many hours on EQ auditioning colors, so this will be an interesting change for me.

Can not wait till Sept 6!! Looks like there will be lots of company to do this with.

Betty 

A quilt will warm the heart.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485

SherrieLM:
I just ordered the fabric for the backing for MQ8, so I can finally get it done

Sherrie, maybe I can finally get my MQ 8 finished also.  I just got my backing today.  I have been looking for something for a long time - it is harder than I thought to match something to my magenta.  I found a fabric with very large red roses with enough variation in the reds to look all right with the magenta and muslin of the top.  Wish I could get it done quite soon so I will have one of the 5 college quilts I will need for next year's graduates. 

I hope this new quilt will be adaptable to the long-twin size I need for another one.  Maybe my stash will make this one also.  This year's 2 college quilts cost over $300 because of the nearly 30 fabrics I needed to make them, so I don't need to invest in more fabric at this time.  I also have to order fabric on-line.  These lucky people that have numerous near-by quilt shops!!  I recently posted pictures of these 2 quilts on "Did you work on a Quilt Today?"

Planning to have fun with this one.  I liked the small pieces of MQ8, but need something a little more relaxing and not so challenging.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

My mq7 and 8 are still in pieces. I hope I can finish this one this time. I do plan to finish those other two, just don't know when!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 5:04 PM

We have a Shop Hop here in Nevada starting tomorrow...shops are miles and miles apart and normally I wouldn't get a chance to hit but a couple that are right around here...but since DGS1 has a football game in South Lake Tahoe tomorrow, I think I'll be able to hit at least 2 or 3 in that area, if I can convince DH and DD1 to stop.  Wait, I'm the driver, so I can stop wherever I want, can't I?

I wish I knew the fabric requirements so I could shop specifically for the MQ, but it is called tranquil, so I will look for 3 different fabrics that look tranquil to me and hope for the best.  When in doubt, get 3 yds of each...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 6:00 PM

Karla

That is exactly the right idea.  When in doubt buy 3 yds.   That is what I always buy when I don't have something specific that I am buying for.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Hi Nana

I signed up for this to try my first MQ I should have probably ask this first though. Since this was my first Iwas going to use fabric that I had or hoped to maybe make it scrappy since it was my first. I didn"t see color requirements or anything are there any if so I will bow out and catch another at a later date when I can invest more in fabric. 

Kerry G

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 1,100
Jo replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:37 PM

I am so excited to get started.  Friday is almost here!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,403
Points 47,130
Angele replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 7:26 AM

I finally got on. For a few days I couldn't get on the site. And then ...work! I just can't wait for the measurements. My LQS is sadly closing. I hope to be able to get stuff there. I went yesterday and forgot about this one as I was looking for a baby quilt stuff.  I've already spent waaaay more there than I should...so we will see if something jumps up at me.  Oh that is most of the fabric there...lol

Angèle  from NWO

Page 2 of 20 (300 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use