General Discussion and Chit Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 299 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana Posted: Tue, Sep 3 2013 12:54 PM

Please use this thread for chatting and general discussion.   There will be new threads opened for each step and I need for you to use those threads to ask specific questions regarding each step.   Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.   Now just have fun.    The first step will post on Friday.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 230
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:15 PM

Okay, I'm the first one to add some chit-chat.

Chitter, chitter, chat, chat!  Don't ask me, just feeling squirrely tonight....

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:32 PM

Woohoo, I'm 2nd on the board...can't wait to get started on Friday.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

OK - I signed up for mystery quilt 8 but not even close to being finished. I am going to try this again. I really want to keep up with everyone this time. I'm a little more organized this time - I think. I will be going down to the valley on Thursday or Friday so I will have a chance to pick up my fabrics.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:47 PM

Looking forward to this one!  I just hope I can finish it, as I'm still not even close to being finished with the last one!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Haha, Nancy!!! Yeah - I'm looking forward to doing this - first time. Will be working with it for part of a 5-day quilt retreat at the end of this month. Pretty darn excited to start it - I have to say!!!!

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Points 3,075
QDancer replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:30 PM

Yay!  Another mystery quilt!! I LIKE these! I'm hoping to keep up with this one. I did indeed finish #8, albeit LATE. But I have every intention of finishing this one with everyone else....fingers crossed...

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,028
Points 15,695
weezee56 replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:54 PM

I finished MQ7 and my DGS1 took one look at it and told me it was his. I finished MQ8 and it is going to be a Christmas present for my almost Son In Law. I don't have anyone in mine for this one, Maybe my Sister In Law. If I decide on her, my colors will be lt. blue, yellow and white. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 11:06 PM

Nancy, didn't it get pretty hot in Minnesota this summer?  So when feeling "squirrely" wouldn't this be more acurate?

"This summer when it got so hot in Missouri, one woman started freezing bowls of ice and putting them out for the squirrels in her yard. This little guy was so grateful, he fell asleep cooling off on top of one."
Danny Non-speciesistBatman Nichols

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 4:57 AM

I am excited, this will be my first Mystery Quilt and I swear it will not go into the UFO pile!  I am going to spend the next 2 weeks just organizing my fabric and cleaning up the sewing room, then maybe I can find things and get other things done:)  I just need a professional organizer to come in and do it!  But knowing Nana, I know this will be one of my better experiences!

Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 35
Doreen replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 8:12 AM

This will be my first MQ and I'm really looking forward to it. Hope I can keep up an get it finished timely. I'm new to the QCA qroups and hope to take part it other activities

Doreen

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 8:17 AM

This is ridiculous.  I am trying to reply to Patti's squirrel picture, and I keep getting the "post pending" error message.  6th try - if this goes through, I'm just trying to tell you I enjoyed the picture, Patti!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

Welcome Doreen. You'll have lots of fun with the MQ. It's low-key, no pressure and you'll end up with a lovely quilt.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 8:44 AM

I am so excited about this!

However, at some point, I really need to get all my finished tops quilted...it seems like they are piling up.  Problem is, I love to piece the tops, just don't necessarily like to do the quilting.  A friend of mine lets me rent her LA, but I really don't like playing with it too much.  Ah well, at least the tops are done and can go into the bin so that when I need a quilt, all I have to do is finish it up, right?

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Patti, your squirrely picture is just too darn cute. I'm going to have to show it to my father. He just loves feeding the squirrels.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Page 1 of 20 (300 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use