Discussion and Questions regarding step 6

rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 50 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 50
Nancy L replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 7:43 PM

Love how this turned out.  I am still working on my blocks.  Have been gone a good bit lately so didn't really start this one till this week.

Have five of the blocks sewn together.  Mine is red and white.  Love looking at the pictures of everyone's quilts.

Nancy L

WA/AZ

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 7:50 PM

Boots- I love your quilt, city streets at night is a good name for it.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,305
Gina replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 8:30 PM

All the quilts posted so far are just gorgeous!  This Mystery Quilt pattern sure did turn out to be a really neat looking pattern in the end.  I just wish I was all caught up with mine.  But I outgrew my little sewing room and had to move into a larger room of the house, and it's been almost 4 weeks and I still haven't been able to get everything settled and situated, so I haven't done any sewing for the last month.  I'll be starting my summer job working for the Portage County Hwy Dept, next week Monday, and then I will have very little time to sew, and when I do have time I'll want to sleep...LOL...  I probably won't get much sewing done over the summer.  So I wouldn't be surprised if I'm unable to finish this one until next fall.  Ah well...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,979
gini replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 8:33 PM

I got all my blocks done before I left branson, and will need to wait until I get home to finish.    I think I am going to use another color for the triangles on the outside and do some appliqué around the outside.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

Well, I am at Anna Maria Island for 10 days so I won't be sewing for a while. By the time I get home you all will be finished. I'm waiting for Nancy to post hers so I can see what mine will look like!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 9:00 PM

I've seen alot of nice quilts.  Gonna sew now as son wants to use computer.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 80
Myway replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 9:19 PM

i really enjoyed doing this mystery quilt !  my first one..i wil definately be watching for the next one.  i have nine tops to quilt ahead of this one but hopefully get them done before mq9 comes out!  Thanks again!

Cathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 9:23 PM

Elaine Phillips:
I'm waiting for Nancy to post hers so I can see what mine will look like!!
 I'll be working on it at a retreat this week, Elaine.  I have a possible border fabric picked out, much different than my original plan, but I think I'm going to need to buy something new for the inner border, and I doubt I'll get to a quilt shop while at this retreat.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 9:24 PM

Karla:

not really sure if I'm going to add more or not...

Love this, Karla!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 9:58 PM

have a little over half completed.  using the design wall to place the pieces together like a puzzle.  so glad I have the wall or I would not be able to put it together.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:20 PM

Judy I love your borders.  Sorry about the upside down HST

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:21 PM

Oh my goodness there are some pretty quilts coming together!  Nice work ladies, I can't wait to see more (Michelle...)  :o)

I'm happy to say I was able to finish mine at the quilt retreat I've been at since Thursday.  With input from the ladies, I decided the quilt was too pretty on its own to add another fabric to the mix so I'll use the cherries fabric for backing instead.

If you look closely you'll see the white is actually white dot as well as the red.  For those of you who haven't started sewing yet or are mid-stream, my advice to you is to take the time to square up after each step.  Putting the blocks together will be a much happier experience!  And doing this last step when your tired is not advised!!  LOL  Oh My!  I had to sit and ponder many times during this last step to get it right.  This is my first 'on point' experience.  Thank you, Nana :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:40 PM

I am sorry that the layout wasn't better explained.   I didn't check the pdf when it posted.   It was my intent that you would be able to print an enlarged copy of the first picture to use as your layout.  I always do this with on point and then fold down each row as I do it so that I can keep up with the row I am working on.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,630

Nana:

Judy I love your borders.  Sorry about the upside down HST

thanks Nana. I did fix the little HST. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Now putting a finishing touch on it. Then will quilt it.  

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:53 PM

Oh Nana, I really meant it when I said thank you!  It was challenging and made me think but I pulled it off and it got rave reviews at the retreat so, thank you for enabling me to create such a beautiful quilt!!  I learned many things from making this quilt so, seriously... Thank You :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 7 of 21 (302 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use