This post has 194 Replies | 39 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 2:38 PM

bootz864:

Here is a pic of my wonky block and possible boarder fabric

Note to self - a small geometric print looks great with these blocks!  Thanks Bootz!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 2:43 PM

Kathy:
Look at the top row of block #8 if you start counting top left.

Funny, I looked and looked and couldn't find it until someone counted it out.  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 2:45 PM

Helen:

Here is a picture of my finished blocks:

Well, Helen, I'm going to watch what you do for a border because our colors are almost identical!

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 4:53 PM

MNnancy:

Helen:

Here is a picture of my finished blocks:

Well, Helen, I'm going to watch what you do for a border because our colors are almost identical!

I was hoping to do the same with you :-)  My border fabric is also in question now but it is not a problem since I pulled it from my stash.  When the quilt top is done I will go through my stash to see if there is something else.  Funny how those of us who pulled fabrics from stash loved the border fabric and now the block design gives us pause. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

Nancy and Helen. I've also changed my border fabric. I do have the border designed and am anxious to begin. Even though I'm pretty sure of the layout and have it on my wall, I'm waiting for the final step. George has been putting his three cents in. He usually has a pretty good eye and is helpful. 

What fun. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Helen and Nancy, I will be watching, I am watching the both oh you because my fabric is almost the same, too.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 8:07 PM

Interesting discussion on the borders that we have already picked out.  I haven't gotten as far as Judy T - the ideas come and go but nothing has really jumped out at me.  I just wonder, will my beautiful hydrangea fabric work or do I have to start something new from it?  Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 8:09 PM

BTW - perhaps only 3 more hours for us West Coast people and we will get our next clue.  Sorry for mentioning it! LOL   Guess I will just go and get ready to do some appliquing while I watch the Mariner's.  Come on boys, surprise us and win a few!

Marge P

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 635

UH-OH !!!   I'm needing a little bit of help!!  :(     I TRIED to square up my blocks and a lot of them are slightly under 8 inches!!   I'm going to try pressing them again to see if I can s-t-r-e-t-c-h them a bit, but I'm worried!  Any suggestions????   UH-OH!!!   And here I thought they were looking good!   :'( 

About to cry....

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 49
Points 565
Lisa C replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 8:20 PM

Marge P:

BTW - perhaps only 3 more hours for us West Coast people and we will get our next clue.  Sorry for mentioning it! LOL   Guess I will just go and get ready to do some appliquing while I watch the Mariner's.  Come on boys, surprise us and win a few!

Marge P

Marge P - please don't rub it in, I have about 11 hours before I get the next step, I can't stay up that late and go to work too....I feel a tickle in my throat....LOL

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 49
Points 565
Lisa C replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 8:24 PM

Bethiebear:

UH-OH !!!   I'm needing a little bit of help!!  :(     I TRIED to square up my blocks and a lot of them are slightly under 8 inches!!   I'm going to try pressing them again to see if I can s-t-r-e-t-c-h them a bit, but I'm worried!  Any suggestions????   UH-OH!!!   And here I thought they were looking good!   :'( 

About to cry....

"Ricky Tims" uses water to stretch the fabric, then presses it into shape, but be careful.....

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 8:26 PM

MaryAnn in MA:

Debbie, I see an upside down HST. Did you plan that? ;-)

No, I did not.  guess I'll go home and frog some more.  the top and bottom rows have given me fits.  I just can not seem to get them all correct the first time, a few not even the se.  I sewed the segments up last nite and then had to frog every one but one because I had them all mixed up.  I don't know what it is but I can't keep them straight and I had a sample to look at as I worked.  I will be so glad to have this step done!  just 7.5 blocks left to finish.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 8:28 PM

MaryAnn - I do appreciate you catching that mistake but so frustrated because I looked them over. One good thing - DH looked at them and didn't catch it either!  Ha, have to go home and see if he sees it now...

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

Marge P:
I just wonder, will my beautiful hydrangea fabric work or do I have to start something new from it?

My beautiful black with pink flowers just didn't work so I had to go in a different direction. It's all planned out but now I'm having second thoughts on the alternate fabric. Georges says "Oh for goodness sakes, make a decision. I like this one, go for it".

Yes dear.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 9:30 PM

Bethie

As long as it is just a tiny bit under 8 in you should still be fine.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 50
Page 12 of 13 (195 items) «Prev910111213Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use