Discussion and Questions re Step 5

rated by 0 users
This post has 194 Replies | 39 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana Posted: Thu, Apr 18 2013 6:48 PM

You can post all your questions here.   Hope everyone is having a good time.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 140
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,779
Points 122,400

I love this pattern. I can't wait to make the blocks. Sadly, not until tomorrow night or Saturday. Thanks Nana.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 12:39 AM

Thank you Nana, This quilt is going to be super cute, maybe to girlish for my almost SIL. I'll have to wait and see.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 4:44 AM

Nana this is beautiful. I can't wait to get my blocks together. I have everything sewn am just doing the trimming now so hope to get some squares done on Sunday. Thank you so much for a wonderful design, you are one talented lady. 

Stay well and hope DH is having a quick recovery. 

Paris, Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 7:22 AM

Ok, I could not wait, I had some time before work so put one block together.  I photographed it with and without plastic and even though there is some glare the colour came out much better under plastic.  It came out as an orange without it and it is really a Christmas red.   I am thrilled with how it looks.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 8:23 AM

Marilyn, great block!  This is going to be so fun to put together.

This might be a good time to remind anyone new to mystery quilts on QCA, that if you think you have figured out how the rest of the quilt design will go together, you should not post pictures.  There are many quilters here who like the mystery to continue until the last step is revealed.  Thanks!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 8:43 AM

Looks great Marilyn!  I'm so far behind, but hope to get caught up this weekend, I think it's gonna rain.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:01 AM

Marilyn

I love the red and black.   Beautiful block.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 496
Points 10,000
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:04 AM

got one done ...the others will have to wait until tues. and wed...........

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:06 AM

Jen

Gorgeous block.  Love your colors.    I also like the quilt in the background.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 496
Points 10,000
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:28 AM

Thank you Nana.....the quilt in the background is one for my sister.....progress is slow right now...MQ8 has consumed my quilting time right now....I told her to not expect it any time soon...LOL....told her sometime after the first of the year. Hope all is going well with you and your DH...lifestyle change is hard but you can make it happen...we did...went thru what you are going thru about 5 yrs ago , my DH had a heart attack and did not know it until 6 mos. after the fact...anyway doing great now but recentlly doctor said he is borderline diabetic so we have not only given up salt and fried foods but also sugar...well sugar for him..lol. Soon all the new ways of cooking will feel normal to you. And yes keeping your DH from doing too much is a pain...my DH was and is a very active guy...he starts when the sun comes out and stops when it goes down...very hard to keep him quiet for too long...wish you luck with that part. Take one day at a time and make sure to get rest yourself.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,779
Points 122,400

OH, Cr-P!! I put together segment A, segment B. Piece of cake.  Looked at the step for segment C and couldn't figure out why my pieces wouldn't work. Well, DUH, look how I sewed them together. Hot Rats. Can't re-do them right now, will have to wait and ribbit them this evening. I'm gonna grumble about this all day. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 11:27 AM

I am so sorry Judy,

I wish I were there to hep you frog

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 11:53 AM

Sorry Judy that I can't help, I've been doing a lot of my own frogging this morning...thought I would chain piece some of these together, but ended up frogging half of them because 1/2 are a mirror image which I didn't catch when I thought I was being so smart.  Here is a picture of my first 2 blocks.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 12:11 PM

nice Karla. I laid mine out to see what it looked like. Boy is it going to be hard. I am doing mine opposite on the colors. Who wants to bet that I sew at least one backwards LOL. Well it suppose to rain all day and night here so I just may get some sewing done to day

oh has anyone done the math of what size we are shooting for on this block?

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 80
Page 1 of 13 (195 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use