Posted pic of my fabric options.

Quilting My Rainbow

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 70
tinker replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:34 AM

I've been trying to catch up on all of these posts!  Must say,,, so glad I'm not Nana! 

I have not yet purchased my fabric!  My son Eloped (!!!) this past weekend and called us on friday morning to invite us - we sped out of here and drove the six hours.  Made it just in time to give some hugs before being called into the judge's chambers.  Very exciting!  We just Love our new daughter-in-law, and are thrilled at their marriage.

Still not confident about moving around on this board, but imagine I'll get the hang of it eventually.  Also, I thought I knew what the directions meant, but all the questions from folks much smarter than me, IMHO, have left me a little dizzy.  heh-heh...

not sure I'll get to the quilt shop today, but will this week for sure.  Have seen some Beautiful fabric photos and am now excited and thoroughly inspired.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 12:02 PM

Tinker

I love the avatar.  Tinkerbelle has always been a fav of mine.   I even named my featherweight Tink....LOL>   Congratulation's on the new "daughter".    Now as for the quilt.  Just follow the cutting directions and we will get to the rest as time goes by.  

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 3,865
Debi replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 11:34 AM

I have my fabrics all cut and in baggies for the next step. Iwillbe out of town then, but will be home on the 2nd. Can't wait!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 19,400

Well I finally got my pictures downloaded from my camera and can post a picture of the fabrics I chose. I do not have a border fabric yet. I will decide when it is finished. Oddly enough, I have more than several purple fabrics to choose from.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 1:49 AM

Melissa, I love your fabric , I got mine today in the mail ,don't have a picture yet.  maybe I can get one tomorrow .  I will more then likely run a little behind on the steps  as again ,I have so much to do , and have been in a very procrastinating mood. LOL  I think I'm suffering from Cabin Fever .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 6:10 AM

Well, I've finished cutting everything.  Now just wait for the next step to start sewing.  I'm using white on white fabric and a mottled black.  I also have a purple I really like and would work.   I may make a second one with the same white and the purple.

Diana in East Tn. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 419
Points 10,600
Donna replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 10:53 AM

Once this is done,  if I like it,  I may make one with Black and silver for my daughter and future son in law.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 7:25 AM

Well i ordered my fabric yesterday, should be here by the middle of next week,  will post a pic as soon as it gets here.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,235
Dara replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 4:45 PM

Here is my  'light'                                                                                  and here is my 'dark'

and here are all of pieces cut and ready to go...   The orange looks like it is supposed to in the bottom pic.  :-)

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,117
Points 28,385
Wendy replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 5:46 PM

Is it Friday yet...............Is it Friday yet....................OPEN, OPEN,OPEN ( can you see my face pressed up against the glass>>>>>>>)

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,138
Points 40,880
Marilyn B replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 6:50 PM

I will be here to get the step on friday but will have to wait till monday to do any of it.  I am heading to Ann Arbor to visit my son.  Anyone have a favorite fabric store down there I should stop in at.  I know there is JoAnn's and I will be there.

Paris, Ontario

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 175

I have tried and tried to make and post a great signature like many of you have. How do you do it?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 2,940
Sheila replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 3:48 PM

Well, the joke's on me!  I finished the MQ8 cutting assignment with 3 whole days before the next step...a little downtime to catch up on some UFO's....then someone asked me if I would bind a quilt for them.....easy couple of hours work, right?  WRONG!!!!  When I got the quilt home and opened it up to look at it, I saw a pretty little sawtooth edge with squillions of evil, pointy things to try to put binding on!   Oh the massive amounts of mitering this is going to require!  2 hours of work has turned into 2 centuries of work!!  Why, oh why did I cut out 5 MQ8's????

Sheila in MT

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 4:26 PM

Wendy

Friday will be here soon.   And from now on there will only be one week between steps.   Just be patient grasshopper....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Page 2 of 12 (172 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use