Top Completion and Voting

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 13 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 49
Points 565
Lisa C replied on Wed, May 15 2013 6:56 PM

Have winners been announced, if so where?

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, May 15 2013 9:56 PM

Right HERE, Lisa.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

MNnancy:

Right HERE, Lisa.

Where is "HERE"? I don't understand why it wouldn't be posted in with all the other MQ8 Discussions, etc. The only way I know how to find it is by coming back to your post and clicking on "HERE". 

Thanks! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, May 17 2013 9:36 PM

HI MaryAnn!   Navigating this site can be a little confusing sometimes  If you are ever wondering where you are when viewing any particular page, look towards the top to the line of red type which shows the navigation path to where you are.

The MQ8 winner was announced in the regular discussion forums on the main message board.  You're right, though, the winner probably should have been announced back here in the MQ8 Group as well.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Thank you, Nancy. Yes, navigating this site can be confusing. I tend to stay within my groups. I never would have thought to go outside the group to look for the winner.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 50

Marilyn,

I really like your idea to create Roman shades with the quilt blocks. I'll have to try that myself sometime.

Merry

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 365
fzytwo replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 5:37 AM

Very sad about voting.  I just found out.

I love all the winners, but wish we were informed through the discussion that we were supposed to vote.  This was my first time doing a MQ so I did not know we were supposed to be moving on to a new place after step 6.  

I still have to finish my top - life got in the way.  Just need to add border, but once the last 2 "need to do" projects are done this week I will get it done.  

Thanks for all the help Nana.  I really like what I have as a finished top and pushed myself.  I would probably do the block again - but increase the size!

Hope if I ever get involved again there is a little more help for us that have never been here before.

deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,840
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:11 AM

Deb

I am sorry that you feel that you didn't get all the help you needed.  Please let me know what could have been done differently.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 395
LaDonna replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 2:58 PM

Nana:

Deb

I am sorry that you feel that you didn't get all the help you needed.  Please let me know what could have been done differently.

Nana,

I was new to the site also,  but I found all the information I needed.  Sometimes I had to search around a little bit, but mostly I just read other people's posts because if I had a question, someone else usually had already asked it! 

My only suggestions would be to give people directions to open the general discussion thread and sign up for emails from that thread.  Then when a new thread is started, a post could be made in general discussion to give people head up so they can sign up for those emails also.  Also, on the timeline for posting of the different steps include when tops need to be done and posted, and when the voting starts and ends.  Maybe this could all be part of the step one directions.  :)

Addicted to Quilting in Clancy, MT

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 85
AmyFCM replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 4:51 PM

I agree that with this suggestion.  It was a bit difficult to find out how to go to other places...

So, perhaps a syllabus of sorts  at the beginning.. not only of the dates the classes will post, but where else one should check, if there will be submissions and voting, etc...  

• Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (25 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use