Discussion and Questions regarding step 6

rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 50 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 215
Kathy replied on Fri, May 10 2013 5:48 PM

Jea, I love your colors and the scrappy golds!

Central Texas

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 49
Points 565
Lisa C replied on Fri, May 10 2013 6:08 PM

Bootz864 & Kathy,

Thank you for your kind words...

Kathy,

the border was easy, I keep the 2 1/2 square going thru the quilt... 2 1/2" strips of Blue and 4 " strips of Lime.  sew lime to both sides of the blue, press toward the center.  cut in 2 1/2" strips.  sew as in Picture, then trim even with points as in picture.  My measuring was off a little for the top and bottom, but I evened the edges and did my best with adding a cornerstone.  I used 5 strips of the blue & 10 of lime and had only whats pictured left over.  If you have any questions, just ask.  Lisa C

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, May 10 2013 9:23 PM

Jea:

Jea, great start!  Your fabrics are so interesting.  I hope we'll get to see a picture of this when it's finished.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Fri, May 10 2013 9:40 PM

LaDonna, your quilt is beautiful! 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 90
Jea replied on Sat, May 11 2013 9:07 AM

Thanks for your positive comments, Kathy and MNnancy --- I'm kind of curious to see the final product, too! :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,580

Finally, the top is done! Now I need to find a suitable back for it. I really had a lot of fun with this. Thank you, Nana! I learned a lot and really stretched my comfort zone.

Here's a pic - it wouldn't stay up on my wall so I laid it on top of my bed. Then, of course, one of my fur-children just had to check it out...

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,894
Points 69,195
Bonita replied on Sat, May 11 2013 4:16 PM

quiltcrone:

Finally, the top is done! Now I need to find a suitable back for it. I really had a lot of fun with this. Thank you, Nana! I learned a lot and really stretched my comfort zone.

Here's a pic - it wouldn't stay up on my wall so I laid it on top of my bed. Then, of course, one of my fur-children just had to check it out...

Very pretty, love the colors. My DD has a fur-baby who looks a lot like yours. Peanut is a Jack Russel and Rat Terrier.

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,580

Bonita:

Very pretty, love the colors. My DD has a fur-baby who looks a lot like yours. Peanut is a Jack Russel and Rat Terrier.

Thank you, Bonita! My little guy is a Jack Russell / Corgi mix. So they say. If you ask me, he's all terrier!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055

quiltcrone:
hank you, Bonita! My little guy is a Jack Russell / Corgi mix. So they say. If you ask me, he's all terrier!

Ahhh, how sweet. We have a little girl that is half Corgi and the other half Border Collie/Something.

Love your quilt and your little fella obviously does also. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,064
Points 21,335
Carol W replied on Sat, May 11 2013 6:25 PM

I finished my MQ 8 Thursday night but couldn't get a picture posted until today.  I really had fun with this mystery!  I call it "Beyond the City Streets" because of the border fabric. 

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Beautiful Carol W!  It's so cheerful with the bright red and white and floral border.  Well done!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Quiltcrone--love your yellow and orange. Looks great with your dog!  

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Sat, May 11 2013 7:46 PM

Bonita:

quiltcrone:

QuiltCrone.  I love your colors.  Mine is orange & black but so far only 2 blocks are complete. :-(   Anyway, your quilt is beautiful. My DD also has a fur-baby that looks a lot like yours and his name is Peanut too.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 11 2013 9:57 PM

Quiltcrone and Carol W, your mystery quilts turned out beautiful!  Such lovely bright colors!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,064
Points 21,335
Carol W replied on Sun, May 12 2013 2:51 PM

Thank you Judy and MN Nancy!

Carol W. in Arkansas

Page 19 of 21 (302 items) «Prev1718192021Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use