Discussion and Questions regarding step 6

rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Wow girls, it is amazing how the same pattern looks so different.  It is hard to pick a favorite.  I am doing mine as 2 roman blinds for my living room.  Here is one and now I need to figure out how much of a border I need to make it fit.  It needs more top and bottom than on the sides but that is okay.  I will probably do a small red and then a larger black/silver

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Thu, May 2 2013 7:32 PM

Everyone's quilts are beautiful.  I am still working on putting the rows together.  Will probably be another week before I can get back to sewing.  Thank you Nana for MQ8.  It was certainly out of my comfort zone and I have a lot of wonky areas, I love the pattern.  Would never had tried it if I had seen it.  

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 1,120

Wow Sheila,  they all look great!  I cant decide which i like best!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,629
Points 36,935
ls2116 replied on Thu, May 2 2013 8:30 PM

When i tried to do something for the corner it just didn't work for me not sure what to do to finish any suggestions.  This is what i did so far.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 95

Yes this is a beautiful quilt for her very first one.  I saw it in person.  incredible work.  Congratulations Beth you did it,  

Mama Vines

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,629
Points 36,935
ls2116 replied on Thu, May 2 2013 9:27 PM

Now I'm thinking of hexing the corner or should i just frog and redo?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Thu, May 2 2013 11:12 PM

So this is a floral boarder but it is in the same colors brown and cream.  And for the binding I am thinking about doing a flat piping in cream and the binding in brown.   It is all pinned ready to quilt :)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Fri, May 3 2013 8:21 AM

Sheila I can't believe you did 4 versions!  Great job!!  Love the stack n whack inserts, gives it a wonderful look.

Amazing how all the quilts are so different from one another.  Love seeing them all!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Fri, May 3 2013 8:22 AM

Marilyn B your roman shades will be amazing.  Will love to see a picture of them hanging up!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 6,610
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, May 3 2013 9:15 AM

Well after much deliberation with myself and DH I have decided to rip off my border and redo it...I did not like it and my DH said he didn't have the heart to tell me to change it until after I told him I had decided to....I hope that is ok...we can make changes right? I was very lucky in that I was able to get the same fabric...my original fabric which was in my stash had been bought a while back and I was not sure if I could find enough to redo the border but I did...I have done one side and am feeling better about it...that's all I thought about yesterday at work and when I got up this morning I had to see if I was going to like it. I do and now will get the rest done in the next few days.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,532
Points 22,990
Susie replied on Fri, May 3 2013 9:57 AM

I am so very impressed with all the quilts!  They are all stunning in their own way!  I can't imagine how you guys are going to pick the favorite.  I'm glad I'm not in the voting on this one, lol!

It makes me want to take this one on...once I get a few more of my current projects caught up, that is.  It's definitely going on my TO DO list.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Fri, May 3 2013 11:00 AM

Sheila

Great quilts.  You did an amazing job to get all of these done in the time limit.  Kudos to you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,470
Points 24,110

Sheila puts me to shame! I can't even get one quilt done in time. Let alone 4! Congratulations to every one who is getting them done. They are all beautiful.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Fri, May 3 2013 2:16 PM

Sheila:
Presenting my MQ8 - #4.  This one is queen-sized, and I added a few simple Stack-n-Whack blocks just to change up the appearance a little bit.

Sheila - all of your tops turned out great but I really like the added SNW blocks - You have been a very busy lady!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Fri, May 3 2013 2:19 PM

JudyEE - LOVE your border - it tones down the yellow and black and sets it off wonderfully.  Your border treatment is definitely a winner.

Marge P

• Post Points: 35
Page 14 of 21 (302 items) «Prev1213141516Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use