rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,843
Points 32,075
Roxana replied on Wed, May 1 2013 8:34 PM

bootz864:

Well I still havent been able to get to post in the media section so here is my finished City Streets at Night. I changed my mind on the print border and will use that fabric for the back.The color is more purple than blue as it looks in this picture. Everyones quilts look great! I'm so glad i decided to do this MQ and really happy with the finished look. Thanks Nana! 

I love your color choices and design as well.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,865

Martha Haines:

I need your opinion.  I am trying to decide which fabric to use as the binding.  Blue on the right, Orange on the left.  Please let me know what you think.

Thanks, Martha - Parker, CO

Well, it is unanamous.  I am going with the orange.  Thanks everyone for your help. 

First of May and it has been snowing all day.  I did manage to do a little sewing, but we are working on re-caulking the bathroom.  What a mess. At least we won't have to do that again for a long while.

Again, thanks for the help.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,579
Points 47,555
Debbie-do replied on Wed, May 1 2013 10:34 PM

lcqultr46:

Wow, I'm amazed at all the beautiful quilts, all the different colors are so fun to see. I finished mine, called it Bumblebee Squadron. I wanted to name it Pittsburgh Streets but my DH strongly objected. He hasn't gotten over the Seattle Seahawks loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl.

Fabulous border!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,579
Points 47,555
Debbie-do replied on Wed, May 1 2013 10:36 PM

bootz864:

Well I still havent been able to get to post in the media section so here is my finished City Streets at Night. I changed my mind on the print border and will use that fabric for the back.The color is more purple than blue as it looks in this picture. Everyones quilts look great! I'm so glad i decided to do this MQ and really happy with the finished look. Thanks Nana! 

This is stunning!  great job.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Wed, May 1 2013 11:40 PM

Gina:
 If you did piece it, would you be willing to share instructions on how to create a border like that?  I'd love to be able and make a border like that for a future quilt, if you don't mind sharing!

Thanks Gina and all for your kind comments. The border is pieced, it's an adaptation of one from Bonnie K. Browning's book, Borders and Finishing Touches. It's really pretty simple, using HSTs and QSTs, (quarter square triangles), and how you place the square blocks. Here's a picture of the border blocks on the design wall to give you an idea of what the individual blocks look like. The half/quarter square blocks are 3.25 inches square as are the HSTs on each corner. If you need more detail let me know.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, May 2 2013 11:11 AM

I am seeing some stunning quilts.   You folks rock.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 2,620
Gina replied on Thu, May 2 2013 2:14 PM

lcqultr46:

Gina:
 If you did piece it, would you be willing to share instructions on how to create a border like that?  I'd love to be able and make a border like that for a future quilt, if you don't mind sharing!

Thanks Gina and all for your kind comments. The border is pieced, it's an adaptation of one from Bonnie K. Browning's book, Borders and Finishing Touches. It's really pretty simple, using HSTs and QSTs, (quarter square triangles), and how you place the square blocks. Here's a picture of the border blocks on the design wall to give you an idea of what the individual blocks look like. The half/quarter square blocks are 3.25 inches square as are the HSTs on each corner. If you need more detail let me know.

You're most welcome!  And thank you for the information about the border.  I just looked for the book on eBay and found it for $4.99, so I did a buy-it-now and purchased the book...can't wait to get it and see what other borders are in there too!

Thank you also for the close up photo so I can see how you did yours.  So very much appreciated!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,757
Points 38,940
ls2116 replied on Thu, May 2 2013 2:39 PM

I agree Nana stunning,  I'm putting on borders now with alot of improv as I didn't have enough fabric to do what Iwanted so i'm doing long pinstripe even first and second then I might have to do some applique in it as I had to piece that in center  I'm glad its coming out ok I was really worried .  I'll be posting my top as soon as I get this border stuff figured out.

Quilting My Rainbow

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 81
Points 2,985
Sheila replied on Thu, May 2 2013 5:59 PM

Here is my MQ8 - #1.   This is the only one where I reversed the darks and lights.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 81
Points 2,985
Sheila replied on Thu, May 2 2013 6:06 PM

This is my MQ8 - #2

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 81
Points 2,985
Sheila replied on Thu, May 2 2013 6:12 PM

And, this is my MQ8 - #3.  The photo doesn't show it very well, but the light fabric is really a print with teeny, tiny black and red flowers.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045

Very pretty Sheila. I like the reversed colors.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 81
Points 2,985
Sheila replied on Thu, May 2 2013 6:18 PM

Presenting my MQ8 - #4.  This one is queen-sized, and I added a few simple Stack-n-Whack blocks just to change up the appearance a little bit.

• Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 1,515

wow, absolutely stunning Sheila

Francine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 1,515

love your borders Judy, may have to steal this if my border fabric doesn't work

Francine

• Post Points: 50
Page 13 of 21 (302 items) «Prev1112131415Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use