Discussion and Questions regarding step 6

rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 50 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,580

I'm about half way done with step 6. I'll post a pic when done, but now I'm rethinking my border fabric. The butterflies just don't look right with all the geometry in the top! So, I think I'll just use more of the same fabric for inner/outer borders. Unless, of course, I can find a suitable replacement between now & completing the rest of the top. ;-). Everyone's quilts look so beautiful!! I hope mine turns out half as well.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 4:08 PM

Donna, your quilt is beautiful.  I did fix the oopsies on my quilt top, yay!!

I won't be able to get anything done for a little while.  Having foot surgery tomorrow and that will cause a delay.  In the meantime I am loving seeing all the quilts and how they are being completed.  Getting some really good ideas.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 433
Points 11,120
Donna replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 5:14 PM

Thank you Nana,  you know I had some problems early one,  but I too think it turnout nice.  Thank you for all your help and god speed to you and your dh

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

tnmtgrl:

Elaine Phillips:

Well, I am at Anna Maria Island for 10 days so I won't be sewing for a while. By the time I get home you all will be finished. I'm waiting for Nancy to post hers so I can see what mine will look like!!

Elaine.....I just had to ask...Anna Maria Island, Manatee County, FL?.....We are originally from there ...my DH was with the Holmes Beach PD..

Yes,tnmtgrl, we are staying at the White Sand Beach Resort just steps away from the beach. It is beautiful here. How could you ever leave it?

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 7:59 PM

So I finished putting the blocks together 

My Mom has been working along with me :) and here is hers... she has her boarder on too!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 8:01 PM

And.... I thought I had seen this pattern before sooooooo..... I looked in my closets and found this..... My Great-great- grandmother made this!   the hst are turned differently but still pretty cool.  

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 8:05 PM

I sat this one out. I had planned to participate, but had too much going on. Everyone's quilts are beautiful. The pattern is really unexpected. What great work. I am loving seeing everyone progress.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,611
Points 119,380

Sandy, what a wonderful quilt to have. I hope my granddaughter passes the quilts I've made her down to her children and on down. I'd love to think that someday, my great   great grandkid will say "Look what my great great grandma made waay back in 2005". What a wonderful legacy. Kind of gives me goosebumps

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 9:29 PM

Half of quilt top is assembled  and because I didn't square up some things it is looking like the first quilt I ever made but I'm having fun.  Its better to make a imperfect quilt then none at all.  This is pic of my first quilt just to get a laugh.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 170
Points 4,845

FINISHED!  Well, except for the backing, quilting and binding. Here is the final kitty approved quilt top. Plus another picture without the cat.  Just like many of you I had a border fabric selected, the it was just too busy for the quilt. 

Martha, Parker, CO

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 170
Points 4,845

ls2116:

Half of quilt top is assembled  and because I didn't square up some things it is looking like the first quilt I ever made but I'm having fun.  Its better to make a imperfect quilt then none at all.  This is pic of my first quilt just to get a laugh.

I love it!  I bet is is snuggly even if it isn't "perfect". 

Martha, Colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 10:13 PM

Martha I absolutely love yours I'd trade in a heartbeat  Love your colors.  As for my lap quilt that went wrong I gave it to some neighbors for their newborn they were very thankful.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the top done .

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 7,615
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 10:18 PM

Elaine Phillips:

tnmtgrl:

Elaine Phillips:

Well, I am at Anna Maria Island for 10 days so I won't be sewing for a while. By the time I get home you all will be finished. I'm waiting for Nancy to post hers so I can see what mine will look like!!

Elaine.....I just had to ask...Anna Maria Island, Manatee County, FL?.....We are originally from there ...my DH was with the Holmes Beach PD..

Yes,tnmtgrl, we are staying at the White Sand Beach Resort just steps away from the beach. It is beautiful here. How could you ever leave it?

It is very beautiful!!

We actually lived in town in East Bradenton but my DH worked on the island. we both spent our teen yrs. in Manatee County plus the first 30 yrs. of our marriage. we left for a number of reasons but mostly because after we lost our youngest son in a car accident there were just too many memories and my DH couldn't take the humidity anymore with his asthma, so when he retired we moved to the mountains. Our oldest son and his family still live there in Sarasota...we visit once a year and they come here once a year. Hope you have a wonderful time there!! Don't forget the sunscreen!!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 395
LaDonna replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 11:08 PM

Everyone's quilts are beautiful!  I love the borders using the same fabrics!  I hope I have enough left to do that.  Maybe I can use my floral for the back.  I'm still working on step 5 but will get pics up when I get more done so everyone can help spot any turned HSTs. 

As I was putting blocks together, I considered enlarging the pattern for 1 block to make a one-block crib quilt.  I figure if I use 3" strips for the 9 patch, the quilt will be about 40x40 before borders.  I think it would be adorable that size in some contrasting baby fabrics! Or maybe one solid with one baby print!

Nana, this is my first MQ on QCA and I loved it!  Take care of yourself while taking care of hubby!

Addicted to Quilting in Clancy, MT

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, May 1 2013 8:01 AM

LaDonna:
Everyone's quilts are beautiful!  I love the borders using the same fabrics!

I'm at a retreat right now and the gals here are watching my MQ rows come together.  I've been showing them the pictures of your wonderful quilts as they're coming together, and these gals, too, say that the borders using the same solids are very attractive.  I'd have to go shopping to see if I could find more of my fabric in order to do that.  I still want to try the geometric fabric I found in my stash, so maybe by this afternoon I'll have the interior finished so I can pin and photo this fabric as a possible border and see what you all think.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 10 of 21 (302 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use